WHO WE ARE:
We are a german-french couple, living in an estate several hundred years old and we are working since a couple of years to bring that estate back to it's original glory, it’s view and character (you have to know, it’s been used as a sheep stable ’til the early 2000 - but no worries, you won’t see or even smell it anymore ;-) ).
We’re living in one of the most beautiful scenes in south France, having the the Pyrenees in the back and the wide view into it’s foreshore in front of you.
Having worked for years in Germany and France as Potter and Craftsman, we’re now enjoying our retirement with many beloved animals and we decided to make it possible for vacationers to enjoy that lifestyle, too.
Therefore we need some help in finishing our guesthouse, where guests, friends and family will spend some days in the future, setting up the garden and potentially re-create the current „garage“ into a beautiful saloon to become the hot-spot for funny, long and relaxing evenings.
We’re living with several animals, such as some Horses, Dogs, Cats, several Chicken, Ducks and Geese, as well as Rabbits and our beloved Peacock.
None of them is of any danger - for sure - and all of them have names.
Nonetheless, we are an agricultural house and we try to live in self-sufficiency as far as possible, which doesn’t mean we’re not going to the regional markets once a week.
Projetos de construção/faça você mesmo
Ajuda em fazenda
Ajuda a cuidar da casa
Cuidar de animais
Ajuda com computadores/internet
WHY VISIT THE MIDI PYRENEES?
Visiting Midi-Pyrenees and us means:
- You’re in the center between high mountain, smooth hills, the mediterran sea and a tremendous amount of historical sites.
- It doesn’t matter, if you’re more in cycling, hiking or prefer the amenities of having a motorized car/bike. Our region is located just in front of the Pyrenees, about 10 km away from medieval sites built by the temple knights, 1 hour drive from Carcassonne and 1,5 h drive from the mediterran sea
- You’ll find the best Mountainbike and hiking trails just around the house
AND: as a special and if you're an experienced horse rider: we're looking forward to invite you on one of our horses for some "randonnées" with one of our horses! They're a bit tricky some times, but if you're experienced, it just takes you a few minutes to get to know them and you even can exercise on our Round Pen.
WHAT WE NEED HELP FOR:
- Optimize our guest house, that can host up to 8 persons, what might include some smaller paint works, laying cables around the house, help with some WiFi Techniques and „best practices“
- Build up our garden in front of the guest house - the garden was used for many years as a retreat for ducks, chicken and sheep and needs some love. The basic work has already been done, but if you’re a „Grüner Daumen“ guy - feel free and let your creativity flow
- Start our major project - in the middle of our guest house and our own space, there’s a huge „saloon“ (what it’s supposed to be) that need some ideas, hard work and inspiration to become what we want it to be: an central place of Get-Togethers, Nice Talks around a fireplace and whatever comes to your mind
WHERE YOU LIVE:
Our guesthouse is already in a state that you can live there on your own with a fully equipped kitchen, bathroom, living room and several rooms to select from.
Each room has a bed, wardrobe and more amenities that'll you can profit from. The guesthouse is located right next to the main building, but nevertheless you'll have complete privacy with your own terrace and entrance.
Since we'd like to run additional works within the guesthouse, there might be rooms that cannot be used during construction, but everything will be just decided with you on site. So, no worries - you won't live on a construction site.
You're always welcome to have lunch, dinner or an Aperitif with us on the terrace, but we completely respect your privacy, if you need it.
As mentioned, you'll arrive on an old farming estate and we are hosting several animals such as dogs, ducks, chicken, horses, rabbits and many more. For us it is important to live with the animals and offer them a species-appropriate living. So we ask our guests to accept it, if the peacock is singing in the early morning, of if the duck are running underneath your car. They are allowed to live freely here.
At some dates, it might be possible that we're welcoming guests, who want to sleep in the guesthouse, in this case, you are warmly welcome to sleep in our main building. So no worries, that you'll have to sleep outside ;-)
If you want to go for some drinks in the evening, the supermarket, the inner city or some sightseeing, please be aware, that there's no public transportation in a walking distance. So, if needed, we're happy to take you with us by car to the market, the city or some bars, but we recommend to have a small car on your own or at least a bike that takes you to the main streets.
Our house is located in the very center of Midi-Pyrenées and you'll have a huge list of activities, sights and things to do, once you arrive. If you're more into relaxing or focussing on your mind, no problem. Our next neighbor is about 700m away and you won't even see his house. There's no traffic in front of the house and the road up the hill of the house is private. Just take a book, walk around the house and a few meters up the hill and you'll find complete silence and a stunning view into the valley.
In any case, we'll always be there to help you with anything, give you tipps what to do around or even can take you on a sightseeing trip.
Acesso à internet
Acesso à internet limitado
Pode hospedar famílias
Mais de 2
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week