Help needed for: horse training in hand and under saddle, horse and general animal care, gardening, housework, handy(wo)man work and general farm help.
Helpers need to be able-bodied, preferably experienced and comfortable with all kinds of horses, including young/nervous ones.
Come and be part of life at the peaceful nature and horse sanctuary 20km east of Tenterfield in beautiful New England and a scenic 2 1/2 hour drive from the New South Wales North Coast. The property borders a spectacular National Park with extensive trails for horse riding, bush walking, swimming... Rivers, waterfalls, kangaroos, birds, wide open skies await you... and if you're lucky a koala!
We are at present one human, one dog, one cat and four horses, all of them Brumbies, and plenty of wildlife. Plus the new arrival, a miniature pony!
We live on 100% solar energy, grow our own fruit and vegetables, inspired by the Permaculture way. We are also learning about and planting many native shrubs and trees to encourage birds, koalas, bees, etc.
Own car is handy but not essential!
Workawayers must carry their own insurance and show proof of this! Your insurance must include cover for any work you do and for all equestrian activities, including horse riding.
Aide avec des éco-projets
Bricolage et projets de construction
S’occuper des animaux
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide à la maison
- a special and transformational experience with the horses beyond conventional horsemanship and riding
- experience with Brumbies
- simple, off-the-grid lifestyle aiming at self-sufficiency
- glorious natural attractions
- growth towards self-acceptance through introspection, arts activities and adventure
What I offer:
- full board (all meals)
- 2 days a week free
- fun, open-minded host who will welcome you and help make you feel at home, sharing her extensive knowledge and experience in horsemanship, alternative health, personal growth and spiritual practice
- animal communication
- proximity and access to some of Australia's most beautiful National Parks and natural attractions
What I am asking for:
- 5 hours help a day, 5 days a week
- physical, outdoor help
- help with horse care, training and riding
- handy(wo)man skills welcome
- healthy work ethic
- honesty, willingness to try new things and learn
- love for and kindness to all animals
- sense of adventure
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il souhaitait faire partager sa propre langue ou en apprendre une nouvelle.
Contactez-le pour en savoir plus.
Caravan or room in house (depending on availability) with access to guest bathroom.
Shared kitchen and living area.
Workawayers must carry their own insurance and show proof of this! Your insurance must include cover for any work you do and all equestrian activities, including horse riding!
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
We are campervan friendly.
Yes, upon request.
5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: