The Center offers courses for English, German, French, Spanish, and Turkish … at all levels for individuals or small groups, for personal and professional purpose to the university's students and staff.
We are looking for native speakers volunteers (22- 50 years old) who are able to come for 7 weeks at least, to provide our students with linguistic and cultural expertise. Our courses are a total of 20 hours, 2 or 3 hours a week, in a non-credit basis. University students come from different backgrounds and faculties, looking forward to developing their skills in languages and their cultural knowledge about a country.
For people who are interested in culture and language exchange but are not able to travel physically, we consider internationals willing to work from their home, online, and we provide them with Arabic tutoring in exchange, according to their level, interests and goals, via Zoom. In this case, the volunteer can offer 1 to 3 courses, each one 3 hours a week at least.
We can provide accommodation and Arabic language tutoring in exchange. We are also offering cultural exchange and sharing experiences in a welcoming friendly environment for visitors.
The Center also holds regular debates, conferences, screenings, languages café and exhibitions in English, French, and other foreign languages.
The aim of the Center in Nablus (Palestine) is to allow users to interact independently with a range of materials, promoting a meaningful and authentic experience of language acquisition as a living process. It is therefore designed to be a welcoming environment so that learners can engage with the target language in a relaxed and natural setting, in addition to the courses offered, and to directly experience the language in a meaningful and communicative way, with the instructor being there as a reference.
The centre is located at the new campus of An-Najah University, where the scientific faculties, with a beautiful view of the city, and surrounded with many restaurants and cafes.
Pratique d’une langue
Activities will help Palestinian students as well as the volunteers.
1. Volunteers will discover the Palestinian culture, traditions and people.
2. They will learn Arabic language with native speakers, inside and outside.
3. For people who are interested in teaching from their home, online, we provide them with Arabic tutoring, according to their level, interests and goals, via Zoom.
4. During weekends and free time, they will go out for hiking, meeting people, sightseeing, visiting other cities...
The volunteers at the center provide language learners with real sources in the foreign language matched to the learner's capabilities and interests. They will help with :
1. giving workshops and courses of foreign language, during the semester,
2. providing online courses to our students, from their home, with no need to travel physically (one-on-one Arabic tutoring provided in exchange)
3. leading activities that promotes communication like the language café, karaoké, debates...
4. promoting the center among other international volunteers as well as on the social media
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il souhaitait faire partager sa propre langue ou en apprendre une nouvelle.
Contactez-le pour en savoir plus.
Accommodation will be provided :
1. by the university,
2. in the Amryeh neighborhood, 10 minutes away from the university new campus.
3. an apartment fully furnished, with 2 private bathrooms, and an equipped kitchen.
4. shared with 2 to 5 persons maximum (not mixed), the bedroom may be shared with another person, 2 separate beds
Food is not provided. University's cantine offers a range of sandwiches and dishes for 1- 4 dollars. Instead, we provide Arabic language tutoring, in addition to the accommodation.
Transport to the university old campus and to the old city is available, just in front of the university. Nablus is an old city, 5600 years old, full of history, monuments, religious sites... It is famous with its flavored food and sweets. West Bank in general can be visited by the volunteers to discover more Palestinian territories and sites.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
We try our best to help and support workawayers who need to work online, for their own project, in their spare time. We host these volunteers in a shared apartment, where the WiFi is very good, fast and free.
Plus de 2
Maximum 4 hours per day, 5 days per week
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: