Are you looking for alternative ways of living? Being useful to the planet and others living beings? We are looking for friends!
Our objective : to build a sustainable way of life in our Village. We work to build a life where we can reduce and produce what we need, and share with others the surplus. We are giving value to initiative and action, not to words. We find the meaning in our lives by being useful to other living beings. We are creating links with other ancapitalist communities, and wish to always meet more people looking for alternative ways of life. Our values are bringing us together from all over the world.
Conscience, mercy and sincerity are our keywords.
Our village near Ciflikköy aims to become a self-sustainable community. We are working in the humanitarian field since 2012, giving all our energy into supporting refugee families in Izmir Province. However, we still have a long way to go in establishing a sustainable community: learning a lot, and finding the good persons to work and live with. Please understand that if we are working a lot to reduce our environmental impact, we still have a long way to go and challenges that international volunteers may have difficulty to apprehend. Education about environmental issues is very recent in Turkey.
We currently have three main activities with volunteers:
1. (2 days a week) Distribution of basic items like blankets, clothes, hygiene kits, education materials to unofficial settlements in the İzmir area.
2. (1 day a week) Prepare the bags for distributions. We are trying to find a way to reduce the ecological print of distributions in the settlements.
3. (2 days a week) Planet-friendly activities in order to develop the community and support locals: beach cleaning, building, cultivating, picking-up wild herbs, etc.
4. Daily life and tasks: the help of volunteers is very precious for us because each thing you do let us more time to focus on long-term work (program development, accountancy, administration, etc.). This is why we wish you participate in daily tasks such as cleaning after yourself, cooking when needed, clean the van after distributions, etc.
We are open to initiative, especially from long-term volunteers, so please do not hesitate to share with us your ideas. Additionally, there is plenty of other works to do, especially in communication and many others. Anyone with specific skills is most welcome!
ACTIVITIES MODIFIED DUE TO THE PANDEMIC:
Solar Age workshops : refugee women come to the village to take part in a variety of workshops; solar engineering, hand crafting products, women’s health, and more in order to become financially independent and facilitate their integration into Turkish society. This program also focuses on the education and development of refugee children that come with the women. This program will move to Izmir, and we are currently not planning to host international volunteers there.
Mobile education program to teach basic Turkish (songs, colours, numbers) to the children of the settlements, as well as health and hygiene information. We have to suspend this activity due to the very high rate of covid-19 cases in Turkey. This program will start again after the pandemic.
Due to the spike in virus cases across Europe, we have put extra measures in place to protect our village, volunteers, and beneficiaries. To reduce the risk of spread, we ask that you provide us with a negative PRC test taken 48 hours before.
Pratique d’une langue
Aide avec des éco-projets
Bricolage et projets de construction
Baby-sitting et jeux créatifs
Aide à la maison
Aide informatique / avec Internet
- You will be in contact with travellers from all over the world
- You will likely learn a good amount of Turkish and/or Arabic language
- You will gain a first-hand understanding of the refugee situation in Turkey
- You can learn how to build and cultivate
- You can learn how to cook many international dishes
Ce projet peut impliquer des enfants. Pour en savoir plus, consultez nos directives et conseils ici.
We plan the tasks once a week. Please be ready to be very flexible, as planned activities can often change at short notice depending on what comes up.
The weekly planning is divided as follow:
- 2 days of distribution in the settlements: early morning (7:30) we leave the Village for the Cafe. There we pack the van with the distribution items. Then we drive 1:30, distribute the items and come back. Due to the pandemic we had to temporarily suspend the mobile education program so we unfortunately cannot do activities with the children in the settlements.
- 1 day to prepare the logistics of distributions: making food packs, counting it, cleaning and preparing the van, cleaning and preparing the warehouse, etc.
- 2 days for diverse activities linked with nature: beach cleaning, picking up olives and wild thyme, etc.
The volunteers' tasks are as follows:
-Complete daily tasks, including breakfast prep, clearing up, bathrooms clean, laundry etc
-Clean-up of all spaces - we don’t have a cleaner on staff so volunteers are responsible for communal areas, used dishes or tools and the van after distribution days.
-Participate in camp distribution
-Support the coordination team
-Work on the land; growing, cultivating, harvesting food for our kitchen
-Picking up olives, wild thyme, etc.
-Help with building projects when necessary
-Prepare the vehicle and warehouse before and after distribution
-Maintain current inventory and cleanliness of the warehouse
-Carry out maintenance and beautifying projects around the village
-Conduct activities specific to your skills as approved by field coordinator
/!\ Do not hesitate to tell us if you have a specific project in mind, we are open to initiatives!
Our Village is 15 mn walk away from the sea. There is plenty to explore around the province on days off. You can eat ice cream in Çeşme, spend your day at the beach or go on a trip to nearby places (for example Ephesus, Chios, Alacati, Pamukkale, the ruins of Troy, etc.).
We provide basic twin and triple share accommodation in our volunteer buildings on site at the village, separated into men’s and women’s rooms. Rooms come with sheets, blankets, pillows and towels along with heaters in winter. Good wifi is available. We have communal ablutions in container blocks with solar-heated showers and one washing machine on site. We have a shared kitchen and while most of our lunches and dinners are prepared by our incredible Turkish cook, volunteers will share in prepping breakfast and some other meals on a rotational basis.
We eat mostly vegetarian meals which are served three times a day. Besides that, there is filtered water, coffee and tea all day. Showers are solar heated and these, along with toilets, are shared. Washing machines are available.
The nearest airport is Izmir:
After you arrive at İzmir airport you can take the airport shuttle - HAVAŞ bus to Çeşme OTOGAR (the last station). The ticket costs TL 40 and it takes around 1.15 hours. You can check HAVAŞ timetable here:
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
We have a very good internet connection
Plus de 2
9:30-12:30am / 3-5 pm
Pourquoi workaway.info autorise-t-il certains hôtes à faire payer des frais ?
Dans les pays en voie de développement (où la plupart des hôtes sont engagés dans des associations caritatives ou des programmes de développement au service de la communauté locale), certains de nos hôtes peuvent demander aux workawayers de faire un petit don pour aider la famille d'accueil ou l’association (souvent moins de 5 dollars par jour). Workaway n'autorise cette demande de don que si le don va directement à la famille ou à l'association et s'il ne sert qu’à couvrir les frais de séjour des volontaires. (Les annonces où l’hôte demande des frais seront clairement identifiées dans la liste d'annonces).
Nous n'autorisons en aucun cas les annonces d'agences, d’intermédiaires ou de projets qui nous semblent vouloir profiter des volontaires.
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: