14/09/2019 - 30/09/2021
I'm Vincent from Brussels, Belgium.
I'm 24 years old. I quit my job and everything to discover the world, get out of my comfort zone, meet new people and new way of living.
I'm travelling alone by bicycle since 15th august. I want go to Asia when the situation will allow me to. Now I travel in our sweet Europe !
I am very happy to travel and see the world as he still is now. I'm a bit afraid of how he will become in some decades. So I keep my eyes opened on every piece of nature I can see. I think our futures sits in soft, low energy transports and in going back to essentials. I'm sensitive to climate change, and I am thinking about doing something senseful in that way after my travel.
I consider myself as an open-minded and curious person. Excited to learn and earn skills as soon as I can.
I love nature, cycling (the bicycle, the object and his mechanics), repair and build stuffs.
My dream house is a farm surrounded by nature, and always opened to family and friends. With workaway and the farm stay, I discover and love how you can spend your energy into the simple fact of living. Giving your energy directly into the food that will give you more energy is something really beautiful I think. I believe we lost that way of living because now the money stands between working and surviving. So travelling and farm staying allow me to enjoy that a lot.
I'm resistant to work, an easy to live and relaxed guy.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I'd be happy to hear from you and eventually come to help !
I am good at building stuffs. I was scout leader for 5 years in Belgium so I'm really comfortable with DIY projects and work with my hands. That gave me also a good feeling with nature. I don't need a lot of comfort and I adapt myself quickly. I feel really comfortable with the life in community, and love to be part of it.
I have mechanic skills to repair bicycle. I built my own bike which I'm travelling with now. So we have a special relation :) I discovered bicycle and mechanics 4 years ago and I fell in love with it.
I worked for 4 years in an audiovisual post-production company. So I'm comfortable with computer and the world of video.
But I'm in good health and love to do manual work (I would prefer to).
I've been picking fruits (olives and grapes) this year.
Some random things about me...
- I used to brew my own beer in Belgium ! :D
- I used to create huge games for the kids I had in scouts, with some handmade paper mashed board where they could play on
- I love to cook ! That relaxes me.
- I shared a house with 5 friends during the 2 lasts years. That life in community and the energy that stands in it was awesome
- By travelling I got into wood carving, crocheting, learned to make pizza and I built made myself a didge which I'm learning how to play. It's amazing how travelling brings you new hobbies and new skills !
- I built my first cob oven during the free time of one of my workaday experience. The final pizza night was so satisfying !
Permiso de conducir