Información de perfil
Información de viaje
Nuestro próximo destino:Netherlands Ver todos
Hi! We are Keerthana (19) and Tisya (18), two Indian girls currently living in the Netherlands. Our paths crossed in 2016 after we both ended up going to the same school, and we've been best friends ever since. The two of us have lived all over the world: in the UK, the US and Belgium, before ending up in the Netherlands, so we're used to a very international environment. We have always loved meeting people from different cultures with their own ideas and lifestyles, and of course, sharing our own!
The two of us are currently taking a gap year before starting university in September, and we want to spend this time getting some practical experience and keeping our hands busy- tutoring, gardening, farm stays etc. We each have our own set of skills, interests and experiences (see below), but one common thread is our love for the great outdoors and animals of all kinds. We love learning new things and challenging ourselves every day and are looking for any opportunity to do so. We're ready for an adventure!
Feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
InteresesPlayaNaturalezaAcampadaCiclismoActividades al aire libreSenderismoTrabajo de caridadAgriculturaJardineríaSostenibilidadAnimalesMascotasIdiomasArquitecturaArte y diseñoDibujo y pinturaBricolaje y manualidadesEscrituraLibrosPelículas y televisión
mostrar másFotografíaTecnologíaAstronomíaVegetariano o veganoLGBT+Política / justicia socialCulturaHistoriaAutodesarrolloCuidado de plantas
Habilidades y conocimientos que queremos compartir o aprender
Nos interesa:Proyectos de construcción y bricolajeMantenimiento generalVida en una granjaProyectos ecológicosCuidado de animalesHostelería/turismoTrabajo de caridadProyectos artísticos
Ciertos conocimientos de:Cuidado de niños y juegos creativosEnseñanza
Que habilidades tienes?
My skills and experience are a mix of formal and informal and go over a variety of different fields, but they all point to the fact that I am a responsible, hard-working and adaptable person. I like keeping fit while I work, I'm an avid environmentalist (been vegetarian all my life :)), and I like getting my hands dirty. I love working with other people and get on great with teams!
- MS Office
- Python (certified, particularly for data science and data analysis)
- Tutoring, ages 6-18 (Science, Mathematics and English)
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Fast learner
- I have taken part in one Workaway experience, which involved physical labour and cultural exchange at a permaculture farm in the Netherlands. I managed to gain some experience with cleaning, sanding and painting buildings, and informally tutoring two children ages 11 and 13 in English. We managed to teach each other about our own cultures, and learnt plenty!
- Self-employed personal tutor: Provided personal homework help, lesson reviews and taught new topics to children aged 6-16 years old in science and mathematics. Proved to be flexible to a variety of different learning styles and was able to communicate and interact effectively.
- Delivery driver for Thuisbezorgd: Delivered food to customers by bike and managed to work very well under pressure, navigate well and meet tight delivery times. Involved plenty of physical labour with long work hours outdoors.
- Copy editor and correspondent for Indyana: Wrote and edited articles focussed on the socio-economic impact of the Coronavirus for the first Indo-Dutch magazine in the Netherlands. Proved to be a disciplined and professional worker
- Media outreach intern at Bhoomi college: provided support to the Bhoomi college media team and contributed significantly to a variety of different outreach and marketing projects. Picked up new skills (such as videography) quickly and proved to be a hard-working and knowledgable worker.
I have gained my skills and experience over several informal and formal jobs over the years. Each of my experiences has added to the skills I have learnt and allowed me to understand the importance of hard-work and adaptability in both professional and unprofessional environments. I like to gain experience in all types of fields in order to widen my perspective. I enjoy getting to know other people and learn about their experiences and am happy to work with others collaboratively.
- MS Office
- Tutoring: ages 6-18 (Biology and English)
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Fast learner
-Postman for PostNL: This was my summer job in 2019. It gave me a good experience of the working atmosphere in the labor department. It helped me expose myself more to the Dutch language, because that was the de-facto language of interaction in the office and with my customers.
- Copy editor and correspondent for Indyana: Indyana magazine is an international magazine and an Indian expat forum. This job granted me experiences such as interviewing both the current and previous Indian ambassador based in The Hague and writing articles on topics that can be considered controversial. I was also able to compeer at large events, an example of which was the Indo-Dutch fusion music concert at the royal concert Gebouw in Amsterdam.
-Picker at Picnic: Picnic is an online grocery supermarket. My job consisted of me picking groceries and restocking the shelves amongst numerous other tasks. A simple yet laborious job which required a lot of heavy work at high speeds.
- Compering at Indian Summer Festival Almere 2019: I compered a dance concert at a large festival to celebrate the Indian culture which over 5000 people visited.
-Babysitting: I have taken on several jobs as a babysitter and have experience with children from 8 months and older. At the moment, I am currently babysitting a 5 year old girl.
Más información sobre tus intereses idiomáticos
We are both fluent in English and both already have some knowledge in Dutch and experience with other languages from India. We are always ready to learn new languages and share our own!
20 & 19
Some of my interests include painting, crochet/sewing and badminton. I also grew up with a grandfather who loved to regale me with stories of Indian mythology, so I've always loved a good book- I tend to read anything I can get me hands on. If you are similar, or like a good debate, then we'll get on great :)
I am not overly picky in the kinds of opportunities I'm looking for. As long as there is space for some good company and hard work, I'm happy!
I enjoy reading, writing and any form of artwork. My fascination with stories began when I’d visit my aunt’s house and she would tell me old folk stories to get me to sleep. As a result, I spent much of my childhood reading and therefore, from a young age grew fond of writing and making my own stories.
I enjoy going to visit historical and naturistic places and have visited all kinds of places when traveling. I love to experience all the different attractions when visiting a new place.
I love all animals very much and spend much time with the stray dogs when I go back to India to visit my family. I currently have a staffordshire terrier but I won’t hesitate to fawn over any other pets!
Permiso de conducir
One of us is vegetarian/vegan