01/02/2021 - 31/08/2021
I was born and raised in the countryside of a Fenno-Swedish area in Western Finland, hence my native language is Swedish. I have since child enjoyed spending time in nature and have a drive towards nature and stillness. As the mainstream way of living in the modern society does not suit me well, I have been pushed into the world to travel. Traveling and living nomadically has been very satisfactorily for me, as it broadens my perspectives and helps me in the pursuit of getting a better understanding of things - not the least of myself.
As a person I am calm, modest and easygoing. I enjoy (and occasionally/regularly need) to spend time alone with myself, but highly value meeting new people; getting to know different personalities, sharing ideas and simply being together. Generally I am a quiet and reserved person, but it highly depends on the environment and circumstances. I can be very talkative and outgoing if the personal chemistry and mood is as such. I am spiritually oriented and this includes a great interest in the more subtle realities of life. Other interests of mine includes meditation, tai chi & qigong, music etc.
As long as I find myself in an enjoyable setting I am very easy to be with and little to no effort is required to keep me happy. I have a sense of humor and I like helping out!
Skills and traits (in terms of work):
- Flexibility and versatility; two keywords for my strengths.
- Physically fit with a lot of stamina.
- Handiness: While construction related work might not be a trait I was born with, I am a trained electrician (three years of vocational school) and have worked with various building projects, including bigger construction sites and smaller projects. Thus I have experience of working with hand- and power tools as well as with paint and brush. I do not have excessive amount of experience as a construction worker, but I am happy to offer any useful advice as long as no-one is expecting to be relying on my expertise, which I do not have other than on paper.
Handy crafts on the other hand (woodwork etc.), with a focus more on details and artistic aspects I do believe have natural talent for, but due to lack or experience it is definitely a trait that has lots of room for development.
- Writing: I feel I can express my self very well through writing and am able to skillfully write various types of texts. I am happy to help out with motivational texts, social media, product information etc.
- Tai Chi & Qigong: I spent eight months in the Wudang mountains of China practicing and learning Taiji Quan (Tai Chi) and Qigong on daily basis and is something that I would be happy to teach and share my knowledge of.
- Meditation: I have been interested in meditation and related fields for most of my adult life. Apart from more informal meditation and smaller retreats of various spiritual branches and traditions, I have done a long term strict silent meditation retreat (65 days, 11+ hours meditation/day) and can teach and guide for anyone interested.
- Cooking: I cook my own meals and I find an interest in cooking. I'm glad to help out with preparing meals as well, but the truth is, although I enjoy my own food, I don't have a high confidence in cooking for others and would not be something I'd enjoy doing regularly, unless it is very relaxed and not high expectations.
- Creativity & Artistic skills: I have a creative mind and I also I hold many artistic traits. At large, have not spent much time or effort to develop any visual artistic skills. Nevertheless, working with art is a pure pleasure and doing such work on Workaway would be a fantastic opportunity for me to develop these artistic sides of mine and I believe there could be some potential in the results too.
- Musical: I have musical traits and love playing and learning instruments. I lack knowledge in musical theory but have a good ear. These days, I am mainly interested in ethnical music. I carry with me many flutes (Turkish Ney, Persian Ney, Bulgarian Kaval, Nepalese Bansuri, Chinese Xiao, Armenian Duduk) as they take relatively little space (well, at least they did before they multiplied) and also a Turkish Oud.
- Customer service: I have work experience of customer service both in person and e-mail/chat. Due to my patience and emotional understanding, dealing with people concerns and helping them out works quite naturally for me.
- Gardening: I have experience in gardening and generally it's work I very much enjoy doing.
- Agriculture and farming: I have some experience from both small and big scale agricultural work.
- Computer skills: I spent a large amount of time in front of the computer, especially in my teens, and am therefor very used to handling computers. This combined with today's access to information online I am capable of troubleshooting even advanced problems concerning both software and hardware.
- The will and ability to learn!
Meditation and related
Computers and related
Más información sobre tus intereses idiomáticos
Este workawayer ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro. Ponte en contacto con él directamente para hablar sobre ello.
Permiso de conducir
Generally, I appreciate a sense of awareness in providing food that is healthy and nutritious (varied and sufficient sources of proteins etc.), especially if I plan to stay long term. Other than that, I am not picky and can adapt to most dietary habits.