29/07/2019 - 29/11/2019
Hello, my name is Melissa.
I am a friendly, easy going and adaptable twenty six year old. I am an adventurous person who loves to travel and meet new people in order to learn about other cultures and understand perspectives that are different from my own.
I spent my childhood in a small town in rural Australia and was lucky to grow up surrounded by nature and in a close community. I have since spent time as an exchange student in Sweden, studied in Sydney to complete an Education degree, and travelled to many beautiful places around the world. Prior to graduating I worked as a Nanny for three years and since graduation I have worked at both Primary and Secondary schools and have enjoyed teaching immensely.
I have recently relocated to Europe and through WorkAway I am very excited for the opportunity to meet new people, make new friends and share experiences in beautiful parts of the world.
Niñera / cuidado de niños
Cuidado de ancianos
Cocinar / compras
Ayuda con animales
Ayuda con idiomas
- I studied at a University in Sydney for four years and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts with the Diploma of Education degree. Since graduating I have worked at a High School teaching students aged 12 - 18 in the subjects of Geography, History, English and Drama. I have also worked as a casual teacher at Primary schools teaching students aged 5 - 11, teaching a variety of subjects.
- Prior to my graduation I worked as a Nanny for three years working with children aged 3 - 9. In this position I was responsible for after school pick up, supervision at after school activities, organisation of fun and engaging activities, meal preparation, bathing and getting the children ready for bed.
- I am currently in the process of completing my AUSTSWIM teaching certification. This will enable me to teach children to become comfortable in the water and the basics of swimming up to advanced stroke techniques.
- I thoroughly enjoy art. I loved creating art in a variety of styles and enjoy working on arts and crafts projects with children.
- Due to my career as a teacher in Australia I have certificates for First Aid and CPR, as well as a Working With Children Check.
I lived in Sweden for one year so can speak basic Swedish.
I enjoy reading, drawing, going for long walks, swimming and spending lots of time outside.
Permiso de conducir