China, Corea del Sur, Japón, Malasia, Tailandia
06/07/2019 - 27/08/2019
I’m Anaïs, an enthusiastic creative and hardworking Workaway.
My whole life I have had a passion for learning new things and meeting new people. Because of this, I have experience in a range of skills ranging from construction to TEFL teaching to cinema Makeup and animatronics (You can find a more detailed description below) Because of my passion for languages and cultures I’m fluent in 3 languages (Spanish, English, and Dutch) and have a basic understanding of French but I’m always interested in learning more. I've also started my first year at university UCM in Madrid, where I study Optometry.
One of my favorite things to do is dancing! For me, dancing is a way to feel free and moreover, it can serve as a way to communicate with people even if you don’t speak their language. Over the years I’ve had the chance to learn Lindy Hop, pole dance, Shag, Hip Hop, Jazz dance, kpop choreographies, Aerial Silk and figure skating as well as the basics of Bachata. I would love the opportunity to learn more!
Another thing that you should know about me is that I love playing board games: Munchkin, Coup, Catan, you name it, I’ll play it!
That kind of sums me up, please feel free to look below and read a more detailed description of my work experience!
• Certified Tefl Teacher: In September I became a certified Tefl teacher, since then I have taught in a school (teaching children aged 6-17 as well FCE preparation and communication classes ), where I prepared my own lesson material. I’ve also given private classes (Toefl preparation and communication improvement). I’ve also had the opportunity to help visually impaired people with their English.
Here you can read a review from one of my students:
“Anaïs is a great Teacher and I really recommend her. She adapts to your English and prepares very useful classes. In addition, she is very kind and her classes go by very quickly. I passed my exam with a very high mark and I have to thank Anaïs for it.”
• waitressing: I worked as a waitress and occasional cook in a Japanese cultural center, I loved how I got to connect and introduce Spanish to the Japanese culture, from providing the Spanish citizens with Japanese national dishes to talking about its rich history. It's amazing how cultures can combine over a simple cup of tea and a smile.
• My creative work: I’ve always had a passion for everything related to movie/ theatre production. I’ve done 5 years of theatre at an arts institute and 3 years ago I started to develop my passion behind the scenes as a Special effects designer and makeup artist. I have experience in designing and creating prosthetics and props for movies.
I have experience with the creation of basic animatronic structures designed for film and theatre using both manual and automatic operating systems. In my free time, I also enjoy doing beauty makeup and nail art.
I also have basic sewing skills, but nothing too fancy, so I would be very grateful if you could help me improve them!
Apart from that I have a lot of experience in designing and placing mosaic.
• Baking: Pies, wedding cakes, filled with cherries, chocolate mouse or basic buttercream, I've done it all. I love baking, decorating as much as eating desserts and I'd love to help and make anything you'd like.
• My animalistic side: No text, no matter how long, can describe how much I love animals. At home, we have 5 big dogs, all rescued of course, which I helped to train and walk. I also helped with the training of our Red-tailed hawk.
I’ve also had the opportunity to assist the local veterinary clinic, where they gave me the opportunity to observe operations and assist with the daily examination and with the conduction of diagnostic tests.
• Construction: I might be small, but no task is too hard for me! I have worked on projects involving: plastering, flooring, cementing, drilling out caves with a jackhammer, painting, tiling, and designing and installing mosaics.
I recently helped in a cultural center, where I used scrap materials to transform an old school into a beautiful modern centrum where people can enjoy spending time with each other. I love working hard and learning new things, so I welcome every opportunity to put my skills to good use.
• Languages: I was raised bilingual in Dutch and English, and at school, I learned French. When I was 15 my family decided to move to Spain where I became fluent in Spanish. I love learning Languages, at the moment I would love to pick up my French and continue my Korean studies.
Thank you for reading my profile, I hope that I can meet you soon!
Niñera / cuidado de niños
Cuidado de ancianos
Mantenimiento / bricolage
Cocinar / compras
Ayuda en una granja
Ayuda en proyecto ecológico
Ayuda en casa
Ayuda con animales
Ayuda de caridad
Ayuda con idiomas
*️️ 2 years of teaching experience
*️️Fluent in English, Spanish, Dutch and rusty in French
*️️A lot of construction experience
*️️Movie props/ prosthetics and Makeup
Dutch, English, Spanish, French, Beginner Korean
Permiso de conducir