Our mission is to revitalize the culture of traditional farming and gardening practices that were a central part of life in our region. We bought this property a little more than 2 years ago, and have worked hard to establish a vibrant functioning vegetable farm using innovative tools and techniques. We borrow many ideas and principles from a variety of farming philosophies such as permaculture, regenerative farming, tractor farming, market gardening, natural farming, and many more.
Much of our current infrastructure and buildings are small or temporary, but we are looking forward to adding more fields and buildings this year.
We intend to work with 50-70 people this year on our training farm, so it will be a very busy place!
We homeschool our two boys, who are active on our farm. We also have two dogs. We hosted volunteers on our farm last year and it went very well.
Práctica de idiomas
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Ayuda en una granja
Cocinar para toda la familia
We live in a mostly Indigenous Canadian population and are surrounded by nature and history. We can share our knowledge of farming and nature.
We are near parks and lots of forest, have a creek, and are near clean rivers
En este proyecto podría haber niños. Para obtener más información, consulta nuestras directrices y consejos aquí.
Types of tasks and help we need urgently (in no order):
* CARPENTRY - farm and farm related structures from simple bracing and platforms to more complex buildings, to shelving. Will be building or re-building wash pack, cold storage, root cellars, and more.
* PLANTS - propagation, transplanting, pot-ups, plant-ins.
* FIREWOOD AND WOOD CHIPS - chip up branches, buck up trees and pile for future firewood. All the trees are felled by a professional faller.
* COMPOSTING - creation of teas, compost piles
* BED PREP - Prepping beds - till (if needed), adding compost, tilth, add drip line, add cover (if needed) and transplant or direct seed.
* IRRIGATION - assistance building irrigation systems, ponds, field irrigation
* MACHINE WORK - fields need plowing (first time ever plow), tilling (to break up sod), brush mowing, compost pile building, trenching, etc
* PASSION PROJECTS - wood fired hot tub build, cabin or yurt build, sauna build, trails, fun garden creation
* MECHANICS - Maintenance and repair of machinery
* PAINTING - Building and machinery painting and re-painting
* HARVEST and WASH PACK - Starting mid-May, will be doing initial harvests
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
We have an RV, and lots of places for tents if you prefer. We look forward to meeting travellers.
We offer shared lunch and dinner on days when we're working together. We provide food for you to make your own breakfasts and meals on your days off.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
We have strong highspeed that runs off our cell phone network. It works well for video conferencing etc. We have 2 wifi areas on the farm.
We can provide power and water, and the sewer can be dumped on site as well.
Más de dos
5 hours a day, 5 days a week