61 “me gusta”
My name is Rajan and I'm part of a multicultural team living at the foothills of the Himalayas in state Uttarakhand - India. Our place is at the foothills of Kumaon region and the nearest rail station is just 4 km away. This is one of the liveliest districts in the city also called The Lake District - Nainital.
We are a team of 7 people, including manager and local staff so we will always be around.
We are building a small cafe and boutique hotel and our goal is to provide a friendly and open-minded environment where local students, travelers and residents can practice conversation and cultural exchange in languages like English, French, Italian, German,Russian, Ukrainian, German, etc. and make new friends. We do host parties, night outs, and corporate events so you always have the option to be part of the fun.
As part of the cultural exchange, we also enjoy inviting local musicians and artists to perform and create a nice ambiance.
Our team will mainly interact with you in English for better communication and the local staff mostly communicates in Hindi, so you can learn basic Hindi as well.
We will cover the costs of shared accommodation with 3 (breakfast, lunch and dinner) vegetarian/non-veg (as per availability) locally cooked meals.
We are travelers just like you, so we appreciate to learn about new cultures and traditions. We have been to Switzerland, Belgium, France, The Netherlands, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, South America, New Zealand, Dubai and United Kingdom.
Práctica de idiomas
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cuidado de niños y juegos creativos
Kumaon region is a part of India with a very rich culture. Here you will have the opportunity to learn about the different Indian festivals happening all year round like Holi, Diwali and many more.
Another amazing thing about India is their cuisine. If you are a foodie then, you will have the chance to learn about the different varieties of food, spices and sweets unique to the Himalayan foothill villages.
If you have culinary curiosity, we can arrange a day visit to a sweets shop on request.
The local children have no exposure to the world outside their village, so this will also be a great opportunity to share your language and stories with them. Tell them why your world is different and spark some desire in their little hearts to travel around the world.
The main language is this region is Hindi. So, if you would like to learn few basic words that could help you while you travel, we can arrange basic Hindi lessons for you on request.
We will send you a google form for confirmation.
En este proyecto podría haber niños. Para obtener más información, consulta nuestras directrices y consejos aquí.
Help entails greeting and engaging in conversation with guests. Generally being the friendly face and also help our local staff during the day with simple English conversation. Other tasks include helping our staff to understand general etiquette and how to manage various tasks in which you are an expert.
You will share your culture and language and will also have the opportunity to learn about Indian culture through conversations with our team members, guests, and villagers. You will learn about local kumaoni culture, traditions and Indian festivals that happen all year round.
As part of the cultural exchange, you can also have access to day trips to the spice market, local villages, and temples in our area on request.
Smiling and spreading the positive vibes at the front desk ( dealing with the guests )
Taking and editing photos, videos and creating content for Social media platform such as Instagram/FB
Sharing your culinary skills with team members at Baking and pastry via educational workshops
Sharing your cultural culinary skills with Chef . ( If you are have culinary knowledge of Italian, french or Chinese dishes )
Gardening and nature care
Yoga and meditation classes
Anything.. if you are a jack of all trades
What we expect from you when visiting our cafe or Brewery:
• Be easy to get along with others and help our team members.
• Ready to help on various rotational tasks.
::: We are not looking for lazy members as we have a very active but easy and smooth working style :::
You will help for 5 days a week and for up to 5 hours each day. Your shifts will be rotational from week to week or day to day depending on the help needed. Additionally, you will also have 2 weekdays off (2 days between Monday and Friday) per week so that you can explore our area.
We have an in-house staff that cooks and serves food and drinks for guests. On some occasions, we will need your help in this area for training and etiquette purposes.
Opening hours of the cafe:
For general reference, the guests, students, and travelers of our cafe visit at different times for mostly 3 hours at a time. They could come between
• Monday to Friday 9:00 AM -11 PM
• Saturday and Sunday 11 AM - 12:00 AM
(Ref. Talent A - SMILE AND POSITIVE VIBE)
• Sharing your smile: Well that's the best thing in the world "to share the happiness and smile". You would be helping the ordering team at the front desk in taking orders at the cafe/restaurant/brewery/bar with positive and smiling attitude and sharing the joy and excitement of your Indian or world experience with the guest .
(Ref. Talent B- DIGITAL MARKETING)
Digital marketing and social media content creation. You would be taking photos and video of place, interior, decor, food, menu, team etc and creating the content. Please take this work only if you have a professional experience of digital marketing.
(Ref. Talent C- GARDENING AND NATURE CARE)
• Sharing gardening skills: We have a 30,000 Sq feet garden in which our team wants to develop a stunning landscape, so come and join our team with your eco-friendly talent for landscaping and organic gardening.
(Ref. Talent D- LANGUAGE CLASSES)
• Sharing your language with local kids or guests: We call in kids on weekends to come and play while they learn about nature, art and music. You can share your language, arts and crafts or other skills with these kids and see how they give you joy.
(Ref. Talent E - ARTWORK)
• Sharing your art: We have short-term art projects around the cafe, like painting signs, professional photography work and web design. If you are interested, we would love to see examples of your work! You will assist our in-house team on these projects.
(Ref. Talent F- YOGA AND MEDITATION)
• Sharing your yoga skills: Find your inner peace in the foothills of Himalayas. Come and breathe fresh air on every early morning and share your skills with other fitness enthusiasts at our cafe and also learn from them. Yoga instructors from around the world are welcome.
(Ref. Talent G - CULINARY KNOWLEDGE)
• Sharing your culinary knowledge: We will give you a change in which you can learn authentic kumaoni dishes and explore the diversity of Indian spices and ingredients from our in-house cooks and chefs. At the same time, our local staff will be eager to learn new recipes from around the world with your help. You are free to help us organize cooking and baking workshops for foodies and guests as well.
• Anything else: Just tell us, we might need some help to count the stars at night, if you can wake up all night with our security team.
The atmosphere is very casual but it could get busy from time to time.
What We Offer:
• Accommodation - Shared room with Bed, bedding, In some exceptional cases a Private Room.
• 3 veg/non-veg local meals a day.
• WiFi in your dorm/ Room ( Please do not expect high-speed fiber-optic as we live in the Himalayan region and we have limited internet speed even at the highest internet plans).
• 2 weekdays off per week.
• One of a kind experience in India where you will make life long friends and be able to learn all about Kumaon Indian culture.
• A relaxed culture exchange environment with foreign managers who understand your needs very well and can provide you with any help you need.
• Aged 18-35 (Women) 18-35 (Men), We also welcome family with children
• Fluent English conversation ability (do not have to be a native English speaker). You need to be able to speak English confidently.
• Minimum Stay: 2 weeks (15 days).
• Professional conduct, sociable and friendly.
• Excellent personal hygiene is a must as you will be talking with people every day and living with others.
• Neat and clean clothing as per ambiance and local society acceptance.
• You should dress modestly as we are located in a village.
• No drugs or any other illegal activity. This is strictly prohibited.
PREFERRED VOLUNTEERS FROM ( FOR LANGUAGE AND CULTURAL EXCHANGE PROGRAM )
EUROPEAN UNION NATIONAL ( ANY COUNTRY )
RUSSIAN NATIONAL / UKRAINIAN NATIONAL
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA NATIONAL
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
Rooms with single beds OR bunk beds OR double beds. Bed, bedding. In some cases Private Room.
You can explore the beautiful Kumaon region on your time off. Our cafe is only 10 minutes by car from the nearest train and bus station.
Our local sights include:
- Nainital City and Nainital Lake just 35 minutes away. Nainital city was a British summer retreat and so you will find heritage buildings and famous boarding schools.
- Our Cafe is spread on 50,000 Sq. ft. village with a wonderful mountain view and a river just 300 meters away.
- If you are a nature lover, you will enjoy your time exploring the lake district and peaceful mountains.
- Other activities you can find nearby are Paragliding and Hiking.
- You can also visit Bhimtal, Mukteshwar, Kasar Devi, Almora and other beautiful places which are not so far away.
You can easily reach these sights by local transport. Our team will guide you on this.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
The location is calm and peaceful with nature so the digital nomads can work in the natural open space with breeze. The digital nomads can adjust schedule prior coming to the place.
You can park your campervans in our parking as we have ample space for you.
Yes we can accept but you have to take care of their cleaning.
Más de dos
25 hours a week, a maximum of 5 hours per day, 2 weekdays off per week.