Aloha! Our family/community lives in a jungle sanctuary on the northern tip of the big island 🌴
We are stewarding two little kids (3.5 and 5.5), veggie gardens, 3 acres of diverse tropical landscape including a stream, 60 fruit trees, 15 chickens, 9 ducks, four top-bar, three box bee hives, two new puppies and five cats.
Naomi, mama, is a midwife in the community and plant medicine practitioner and gardener. Yoav, dada or uncle yo-yo, from Isreal, is a massage therapist, qi-gong and yoga teacher as well as all-around farmer- handy man.
We love being activists for light and healing. We hold here a community hub to which we sometimes invite groups to expand consciousness together in the community spaces such as a song group, meditation group, yoga, dance group, and concerts. We consider ourselves always growing and learning and welcome the community to join us:)
Práctica de idiomas
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Cocinar para toda la familia
We believe that our place has much to offer! In addition to being in the middle of paradise, with beaches and stunning nature hikes nearby, we live in a serene jungle along a river that is very peaceful. You feel that you are in the middle of nature, but also just a walk away from galleries, coffee shop, pizza place, general store. The spirit of Aloha and community in North Kohala where we live is very strong.
We live a very healthy lifestyle and offer teachings and practice groups for the community. Our garden is currently growing lots of veggies, herbs (particularly a lot of tulsi!) and fruits (papaya and banana ripe for now). We love having people contribute their love to the earth through the garden!
We also have a healing dome which was built out of air crete during a workshop we hosted here that workawayers are welcome to use for private retreat when it is not being used. It has a set of crystal bowls for healing purposes and there is also an infrared sauna that is available for use to sweat your prayers!
*** We do not have wifi, please see note above. We consider the clean airwave field of our home to be a major benefit, especially as a detox for those who come from cities that are inundated with Radio Frequency Radiation.
En este proyecto podría haber niños. Para obtener más información, consulta nuestras directrices y consejos aquí.
Vibes and kids:
Above all, peace of mind and ease of life is our cherished reality. Because we have two little kids, it is the most important thing for us to have people here who are kid-friendly and know how to interact and make friends with kids. For example, taking a few mins every day to say hello, pass the ball and be playful, offer to read a book, bring a gift for each of them with you when you come to make friends... stuff like that goes a long way for kids to be comfortable and know that every new person that enters the community is going to be their buddy. They are very curious and love to interact, but they can be very shy, too, it all depends on the vibes they are picking up. We believe that children are wonderful teachers and invite others who can share with us in this way. ***We do not use electronics around our kids and hope that anyone who comes will not use electronics in front of them unless entirely necessary, we hope that they will grow to learn the value of connection with others, not seeing adults as people who look at their phones excessively.
Help on the farm:
-cutting and clearing vegetation with hand saws and hand tools.
- building garden beds and terraces
- digging holes and planting trees and taro
- harvesting and processing food
- planting and caring for plants
- nursery help
- work with farm power tools
- building projects: We would like to renovate the communal bathroom, build an addition on a cabin and build a treehouse in 2022!
- repair of buildings and equipment
- maintainable of vehicles
- plumbing and electric help
- gravel driveway, parking area and foundation help.
- sweeping, mopping, vacuuming
- deep cleaning with vinegar to prevent mould in house
- cooking simple and healthy meals
- cleaning up kitchens: putting away dishes
- organizing spaces
We appreciate help from those that are motivated and hard workers. We keep a white board of tasks in the community kitchen and have community meetings every two weeks. We discuss tasks every couple of days and keep a running list so every one are on the same page and has a chance to bounce ideas off.
Because mama is a midwife, we usually require our help to be flexible and spontaneous if needed when she is called to attend a birth to support the needs of the land. Since the new baby arrived, Naomi is more present on the land and community and less familycare is needed.
We appreciate couples if they would like to come together because we have a large accommodation and the balance of yin and yang with gardening, cleaning and general work would be a plus but not necessary.
Chino (mandarín): Principiante
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
We live in a very large, two story timber-frame house which has 8 rooms total. The current accommodation is shifting as we like to host more than one workaway at a time. Our options are:
1. ****Immediately available is a private space across the stream from the main house, immersed in nature, connected to the nursery. We are looking for someone who will care for animals, water and upkeep the nursery, garden care, and knows how or wants to learn how to live simply very close to nature. It is a 10x20 screened in space with a large roof overhang. It has its own kitchen set up. Good for someone looking to go within and be close to the elements. It's the most private space on the land. Anyone who choses to stay here will need to be conscious about how to control dampness and mold, frequently air out clothing and sun the pillows, mattress, wash bedding weekly.
The Tiny house will be available as of 03/01/22 for a great fit, longer-term volunteer (2 mos. is preferable)
2. A large room on the ground level of the big house, you will have your own room, and the living is very open and family style so we look for someone who is great with kids and feels comfortable living closely with others.
3. A Good sized, but smaller bright room in the main house, more private from the kitchen and across from the bathroom and laundry area. Beautiful jungle view.
4. We have a loft space above the studio/workshop which is another building close to the main house. The loft is available for a sleeping/living space, it is not tall enough to fully stand up, but its quite large, 8X20 and cozy space. This space has access to the communal kitchen and bathroom. Available for shorter term anytime, but not the best option for someone who would like to stay long-term.
5. You are also welcome to bring a tent if you like that, we have a few nice tent set up zones.
Internet important note:
***** We do not have Wifi. We are aware of over a thousand studies on wireless EMF radiation and we do not wish to subject our children or anyone/thing that lives in our community to it unnecessarily. We DO have internet. We have the entire house and the cabins wired through high-speed internet with ethernet.
******* If you have a phone or computer, make sure you look into getting an ethernet port capability for it before you come if you want to have any reception on your phone or use the internet. It is very simple and usually just a few dollars for the cord, many computers have them built in as well. Let us know if you need help with it.
*️️️️️*️️️️️We do not necessarily provide Workaway guests with all of their food. We provide basics, rice, beans, salt, any fruits or veggies which are usually papaya, avocados, banana, and a variety of leafy greens.
We have an extended community here now that includes three other families, two other child (another 4 year old and a 13 year old).
We are happy to bring volunteers around on any errands and the other two drivers in the community often provide rides whenever they leave. Basic needs, like the store and some restaurants are within walking distance.
We have lived in community for a decade and have had several work traders which has been a lovely experience! We also have traveled around the world and done several types of work trade situations. We felt that we grew and learned so much from it. We would like to offer this experience back! In our area the main attraction is the stunning and pristine nature. We do live near a couple of very cute towns that have many restaurants, calories, cafés, cultural centers with classes and community centers with activities. There is a community pool as well as several beaches very close by. We have a moped that we allow people to use as well as a normal bike.
We travel around the island and welcome our guests to join us on adventures:)
Pololu valley is a major attraction and the area that we live is called North Kohala if you would like to look into other sights!
*️️️️️*️️️️️*️️️️️A NOTE ABOUT AGE: We love young adults, but we have had quite a bit of experience with different folks joining the community and have come to a consensus decision that, while we are aware this is not the case for everyone and there are exceptions, we feel people under 23 often do not have the kind of life experience and maturity that we desire volunteers to have when they stay and become a part of our crew in the type of capacity and role that workaway lays out. Thank you for the understanding and we wish you all the best!!!
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Please see our full host description, we do not use wi-fi, so you will have to have appropriate means of connecting your device to ethernet. We request that computer use be in personal areas, rather than common space.
We have plenty of space.
Depends on the animal.
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: