947 “me gusta”
**********PLEASE READ FIRST - We accept two couples (or pairs of friends) at a time. If the calendar month is GREEN that means we have two slots available. If the calendar month is YELLOW that means we have one spot available. If the calendar month is RED that means we have both spots filled and are not accepting volunteers for that month.***************Room and 2 Meals are Included for this Volunteer Program**************
Hello Potential Volunteers! My name is Olyvia and my partner, Luke, and I are are a laid back couple who have lived in Costa Rica for the past 3 years and have, in that time, acquired two properties to manage. As we are getting more and more to do we feel that we have found trusted people in Amelie and Connor who will be helping us with the volunteer process and selection, so if you find either of them responding it is just as good as talking to me or Luke. So here is where you come in.
We have a full staff of tico/tica workers who work anything from maintenance and cleaning to bartending, baking and cheffing. Some of our staff can speak English so if you are working on your conversational Spanish there are some key employees who have amazing stories and great personalities that you could converse with. We are on the lookout for a couple/pair of friends who can compliment these staff members with assisted maintenance, projects and general cleaning. If you have previously had a workaway experience where you were *consistently* manning a front desk (hostessing or reception), working in a restaurant or cafe (front or back of house) or "managing" other people and like that type of work, this is NOT for you. I love my staff and they do phenomenal work. You are here to *assist* them and make their lives easier.
We have been very fortunate with workaway and are at a point where we are looking for people who are more tailored in their skills so we can get specific projects done. Following are some of the projects we are looking to get done and the types of skills we need people to have to do them:
- photography of the spaces for the palce and the like (photography, editing and staging)
- making a compost and nursery in the back of one of our properties (gardening and basic construction)
- building arches for the entrances of our beach properties (basic construction)
- simple but nice decorations for the hotel - valentines day, semana santa (artistic, design oriented, basic construction, wood working)
- decorations for the upstairs yoga deck (macrame, nursery work/gardening, basic construction)
We do still have daily tasks that need to get done for general beautification. This may look like:
- raking leaves
- cleaning roofs and gutters
- keeping garden beds cleaned out and looking beautiful
- keeping common areas clean
We are really looking for people who want to make their mark on our properties, something that will sustain after they leave. So even if I have not named something above as a project we are happy to have people who have done larger projects, construction, instillations and art and want to do something for our space. Also, please have pictures of projects you have done before. It helps me get a visual if your skill is something that will fit our aesthetic. Thank you.
****Special Note for Property Photographers****
If you are someone who has experience with photography (and photograph editing) of spaces for AirBnB's, housing listings or that sort of thing we will happily look at your portfolio and see if it is what we are looking for. As this is something we are looking to get done this off season we are opening this position for:
- Solo travelers
- At any time (we will accommodate you if we like your work)
- For a period shorter than 6 weeks if you feel you can get the work done in that time
Please contact for more information on what properties need this work.
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Dominical is truly a gem unlike any other. While a rural town in the Southern Zone of Costa Rica, this spot attracts a very interesting group of people. Now that the beaches are back open there is time again to learn to surf and enjoy the waves. We have a lot of connections with local ticos if learning to surf is on your bucket list.
If you are here to see high season (mid-November to July) you will be able to experience waterfalls, hiking trails, amazing surf and people from all over the world. If you are here during green season (August to mid-November) your will be able to experience our tropical rain. Don't worry about it changing your wardrobe, still tank tops and shorts all the way, but you may want a light rain coat. The waterfalls and rivers are bigger (and sometimes not safe, so always ask and be mindful) and the surf is still great. Town slows down, but it allows you to sink in, meet the locals and make "forever connections" way easier.
This is a strangely connected town and being so close to Uvita, Tinamaste, the Osa Peninsula and Perez it is a good launching point for the souther zone, with lots of opportunities to meet other people who could possibly be your next workaway stay.
Our system is currently set up so that a previous workaway team will show you (the new workaway team \(^.^)/ ) the lay of the land, work alongside you and answer your questions. Then as they leave you - the now experienced team - do the same for the next team. We really like this method as it allows you to learn with someone who has experienced what you are experiencing. Luke and I are still around and available for questions and help, just reach out.
When looking for volunteer we ideally want someone who:
0. Is honest and will do what they say they will do - we work of the trust system here and truly prefer not to micromanage anyone, and trust me, you do not want me micromanaging you.
1. Has general know how of what they are doing and *if not*, is willing to ask questions and learn
2. Is confident in their abilities and/or new skills they have learned from the above rule and can do new jobs and tasks without handholding
3. Wants to be a part of the community and enjoy the spaces that we have created
4. Has a skill that they want to bring to our community
We love this platform and want you to love it too. The best way to do that is come to the table honestly what you are capable of doing based on what is required. During the interview process please be *honest* and upfront and we are happy to work with you on things.
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
Este anfitrión ha indicado que está interesado en compartir su idioma o aprender otro.
Ponte en contacto con él para obtener más información.
Not to be forward - but our accommodations are pretty dope. You'll be right on the beach (like listen to the waves crash on the shore close), HIGH SPEED Internet and a full/double bed (depending where in the world you are from) or two twin beds if you are just buddies.
We provide two meals a day - breakfast and lunch - that are based of a limited menu of what is available for order in the cafe. This will be given to you once you arrive. For dinner there is a kitchen in your room, equipped with a two burner stove, sink, water jug with filter (please use) and all the necessities that you will need to make a nice home cooked meal. If you run out of gas, let us know. We take care of the gas expense as well.
Here are some ways we make good, sustainably sourced food easy for you to get:
- We have maintained a connection with our farmer (he provides fresh fruit and vegetables for our cafe) who delivers twice a week
- A baker through out the week - not Saturdays - for all fresh bread and sweet treat needs
- I make grocery store runs every week, so I can take a list or bring you with
We run laundry service every Wednesday which will cost 1.000 colones per load (wash and dry). We clean sheets and towels for free (ideally, we are doing them weekly and not more frequently then that).
***Please note, you are in the jungle surrounded by the ocean and a river meaning***
- It is humid AF (we provide each room with a fan)
- Do not bring expensive clothes as it will get trashed if you do not use it consistently because there is . . .
- Mold, not the kind that can kill you but the kind that gets in your clothes, books, and really anything that you do not use constantly
- There are creatures around. Not so much snakes since it is a high traffic area (two of the three roads in town meet here), but crabs, geckos (for sure, but are actually good for the), grasshoppers, mosquitoes and cockroaches (they are not around due to sanitation issues, but easy access to water and, if you leave it out, food) to name most
If any of these things are too much for you, please do not reach out. Remember, we look for people to stay for an extended time so if any of this doesn't sound doable for you for 6 weeks or beyond, then again, do not reach out.
We have an adventure passport that you are more than welcome to take with you and enjoy as you chase waterfalls and book local tours. If you are interested in teaching a skill like language lessons or guitar lessons (just examples as there are so many skills in the world) then I know this will be the right place for you as there are so many people willing to learn.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
We have 200 meg, high speed internet on both properties. There are plenty of places for you to get comfy and work on either property (the hotel space is for guests, but the cafe is was cooler anyway). We have had other digital nomads and even a pair of actors (lots of auditions online) who have never complained about the internet. Please keep in mind, this is a rural town in Costa Rica. Power outages are a thing and are usually resolved within a few minutes, though they are more common during rainy season, July-October.
We have a large space behind one of our buildings that can house your vehicle while you are here. The property is watched 24/7: In the day by our workers and at night with our security guard. Yo sh*t will be safe with us.
Preferable dog or cat. Nothing too outlandish or overly nocturnal (I am looking at you, sugar monkeys). For those who love animals and wanna have a furry companion during your stay with us, we are involved with a fostering program done by a nearby shelter and we would be happy to give you that information.
Más de dos
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: