2341 “me gusta”
Short summery of the deal:
- I offer accommodation, basic sanitary facility, electricity, Internet, lunch and dinner, in the middle of nature in the wild Algarve, close to many beaches and lakes.
- In return I expect you to work 4h/day, 5 days/week. You should have a high work ethic and don't mind to do hard work outside in any weather condition.
I am Thomas from Germany, welcome on my Workaway Profile.
I'm trying to give you a good impression of what you can expect here in the Vegan-Hills community. So please take the time to read the profile completely before you contact me. If it then fits, you will get a bunch more information :)
During the pandemic, I will host only up to 6 volunteers at the same time and you should stay for at least 2-3 weeks if possible.
Please really take the time to read also the rest of my profile, before you get in contact :)
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Proyectos de construcción y bricolaje
Ayuda en una granja
As we are no locals and also all other members of the community are not native, we can't offer you a Portuguese, cultural exchange. Beside of that we are physically a bit isolated from local settlements.
About learning, it depends a lot, how long you will stay, if you stay only two weeks, maybe you learn just how to hold a shovel or use a pickaxe. If you stay longer, there a for sure more opportunities to getting a impression about off-grid living, permaculture, wood-working, veganism and for sure you can build up some muscles ;)
Currently we are only about 20 members + up to 10 volunteers spread out over more as 100ha. So we do not live very close together or spend time together automatically every day. Therefore, please do not expect this typical things by the wording "community".
First of all: There is ONLY physical work to do, most of the time hard and outside.
So you have to be fit and motivated and don't mind wind, sun or even rain (no rain in the summer).
The region has been hit by the biggest wild-fire in the local history in June 2020 and we still in the phase of regenerating the land.
Things to be done:
- cutting dead trees down (a lot, because of the fire)
- the big greenhouse needs quit some maintenance, fixing and overall cleanup
- making fire wood (mostly done)
- cut the meadows, by hand or with the electrical whipper snipper
- planting new trees
- gardening, atm mainly building more raised beds / watering
- expanding the cave, digging (always possible, but no priority)
- we also start transforming a big transporter into a camper van and sometimes a helping hand can be very useful
- fixing the bicycles (not always)
- building a outdoorkitchen
- building a carport
- helping other members in the community with there projects
I recommend to bring your own working gloves, good boots are also a good idea ...and better no white clothing! :)
Este anfitrión ofrece intercambio de idiomas
I have to learn Portuguese
Kitchen in the house:
- in the morning from 8am you can use the kitchen in the house, but please be aware, that in winter there is not always enough electricity to use the toaster or kettle in the morning.
- Usually we cook twice a day for lunch an dinner.
- If you bring any food/snacks on your own, even if it is only for you, please: no animal products (only vegan)!
In generell, we do not offer coffee, plant-milk, lot's of fruits, liquor, crisps, chocolate, ice cream or similar things, but sometimes we do also muffins or a nice cake for everyone.
- There is a 6 bed mixed dorm, with light, electricity and a wifi signal.
- There is space for more tents and/or your own Campervans.
My own tiny house
(you are always welcome to come in and to feel home, just keep it clean)
- Here is the indoor kitchen, with fridge and freezer and a washing machine in back of the house
- Anytime you need, you also can use here the bathroom
- There is a compost toilet at the end of the small tree nursery... with a really nice view ;)
- There is a simple shower in the greenhouse.
- In best case, you are not a smoker, if you smoke, please be super carefully, if I see you taking this topic not serious, you have to leave the place on the same day.. sure, less danger in the winter and ofc only outside, no smoking in the house, tent, van...
For long term volunteers special arrangements can be made.
In your off-time you can do:
* If you are mobile by your own, you can do for sure more things...
- surfing or anything else at the beach (the nearest coast is 8km) approx 2hr walk
- go rock-climbing or boulder, at the coast are good spots (best if you have your own equipment)
- play tennis or golf in a huge resort close by (actually not expensive)
- use the slakline
- play dart
- play beach volleyball behind the house
- explore the surroundings / go hiking
- do yoga, meditate, read, relax in a hammock
- go swimming in one of a close by lake
- do board or card games
- visit others members and volunteers in the community
- I can lend two bikes, but you would be responsible for
The closest "village" is Pedralva, where are two restaurants, but the closest village with a shop and bus station is Vila Do Bispo, where I don't mind to pick you up and bring you back, if you stay at least/over two weeks.
BE AWARE: I can't offer a shuttle service and we live in the wild with no close bus station or good roads.
Coming with a trolley is also not very handy (:
The best way to get here, is by bus until "Vila Do Bispo", where I can pick you.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
I have a unlimited data-contract on my wifi, but it is still only via the mobile network and not always the fastest, usually enough to make videochats, but sometimes it is to slow if everyone use it at the same time.
almost any kind of vehicle can reach and park at my spot, but the dirt roads until her can be very bad, specially during/after rain in the winter.
a big "maybe", as I have two cats
Más de dos
4 hours a day (max 20 hours, 5 days/week)
Son opciones de calificación adicionales para cuando los miembros dejan sus comentarios. Se muestra la calificación media dejada en cada opción.
Precisión del perfil: