We are a family of 4 living in Fall City, Washington, which is about 20 miles away from Seattle. It is a beautiful area in the foothills of the Cascade mountains with two rivers running through it. We live on 2 1/2 acres that is about half forested, with a small stream running through it.
Both my husband and I work full time. You can choose to eat dinner with us, or can cook on your own. There will likely be some evenings you are on your own for dinner.
We have four cats: three are very friendly and one keeps to itself.
Cocinar para toda la familia
Ayuda en proyectos ecológicos
Cuidado de animales
This is a beautiful area of the world and we can share the peaceful setting of our house.
We are learning about food forests, gardening, starting seeds and growing vegetables. We are both learning as we go, so are open to your ideas.
I like to cook, so am happy to share recipes.
En este proyecto podría haber niños. Para obtener más información, consulta nuestras directrices y consejos aquí.
We are clearing our forest of invasive weeds: mostly blackberry, creeping buttercup, bindweed and herb Robert, and establishing new garden areas and a food forest.
We need help with landscaping, building a fire pit, planning food forest, weeding, mulching, gardening, creating a trail.
Later this spring, we will also need help applying finish to the railings of a deck.
If you're not interested in gardening, we could also use help with cooking, tidying and cleaning.
If you are artistic and have ideas, we would also love your ideas on outdoor art.
We have two school age kids, childcare is not expected, but they may ask you to play or read to them (which you are free to say no to).
- One guest bedroom on a floor with the rest of the bedrooms.
- Queen sized bed.
- Bathroom shared with kids.
- Access to use shared kitchen.
- No shared telephone
- Access to use shared washer and dryer
- Access to use shared TV with Netflix
- cook on your own for breakfast and lunch (with free reign of kitchen)
- dinner together on most evenings (unless you want to cook on your own)
- There are walking and mountain biking trails nearby.
- In the summer (only when hot), people float down the river on inner tubes:
- Snoqualmie Falls is a few miles away
- Lake Alice is a few miles away
- If you rent a car, you will have access to easily visit Seattle, Spokane, and mountains, skiing, and many lakes.
- Mount Rainier about 3 hours drive
Stores and restaurants nearby
- There is a tiny area with one small grocery store, 3 restaurants and 2 bars located about 1 mile away.
- There is no public transportation.
- Car sharing services (Uber, Lyft) are often not available for pickups (but will drop off).
- You can walk to several restaurants and one small grocery store.
- On our way to work, we can drop you off in location where there is public transport.
Acceso a Internet
Acceso a Internet limitado
Puede alojar familias
Más de dos
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week