We are Vivi (32) and Nils (32) with the children Rebecka Leone (5) and Stig Love (4). We are a warm family with lots of projects going on, why weed need Your help!
We have rabbits and chickens.
We warmly welcome you to Karbenning, a village on the countryside in Bergslagen, the heart of Sweden, easily accessed by train (Stockholm - Karbenning 2hr2min).
We love gardening. We try to live our lives environmental friendly, why we eat a lot vegetables, locally produced meat and try to not use our car too often.
Year 2015 we travelled as workawayers in Spain and Belgium. (Check out our workaway volunteer profile Vivi_and_Nils if you are curious). It was a great experience to travel with children. Do you have a family? Bring them with you.
Since our return to Sweden we both work as teachers. Nils teaches forestry and Vivi works with an integration project in a folk high school in Norberg.
Niñera / cuidado de niños
Ayuda en casa
Ayuda con animales
* This year lots of painting needs to be done.
* We have found a foundation hidden in the back of our garden! It's suitable for buildinging a greenhouse 3*4 meters.
* In the existing greenhouse build growing beds
* We need some extra hands in our daily life, help with children and general maintenance.
* Reparation in our 200 m2 wooden house built in 1909.
- Renovate the guest house,
- Renovation of furniture.
- Weeding, gardening, cut grass, clean gravel from weeds. Prepare growing beds.
- Build rabbit cages.
- Painting interior and facade.
It's important you like children, since we have two small kids.
Swedish, English, Finnish, Spanish, little French
Accomodation in guesthouse with 2-4beds and toilet (WC) next to our house and the big garden.
Sauna in the big house.
50 metres from train station.
500 metres from lake where you can have picnic, swim, fish.
900 metres from community center (Bygdecenter).
In the village there are many people engaged in different projects and the possibilities to take part of social gathering are several.
In the community centre there is a gym, gym hall, kindergarten and conference rooms. All is run by volunteers. Some evenings there are ssports activites, movie nights, pop-up restaurants or knitting cafées.
In Karbenning there are small scale farms and a cheese maker with a nice cafeteria.
Open Fri-Sun 12-17.
There is a trail around the river where you can go for beaver safari.
You easily travel to Karbenning by train. Train stops in Avesta Krylbo (where you can change to Arlanda and Stockholm), Örebro, Fagersta, Skinnskatteberg, Gävle etc.
Aceso a internet
Aceso a internet limitado
We offer you Swedish culture and nature experience
* Walk to the lake with chance to see beaver, beaver tracks
* Excursions and picnics in the nearby villages. We are surrounded by cultural history, iron mining since the Middle Ages (!)
* Social gatherings, meet other swedish people
5 hours a day 5 days a week