Informações do perfil
Informações de viagem
I am in Georgia, and am planning on spending July in Tusheti. I would love to pitch In with whatever work I could help with. I have been traveling and volunteering for the last the 10 months. I am a cheesemaker who is learning and writing about the lives of shepherds and livestock breeds in various parts of the world.
I grew up in Washington state where I began cooking in restaurants. I have spent the last decade working on farmstead cheese making operations around the US and traveling abroad exploring culture by cooking and eating. I have participated in work trades in Hawaii, Malaysia, Indonesia, Ecuador, Tibet, Italy, Austria, Spain, and California.
I feel that I would be a general asset to you for the following reasons:
- I can take care of a kitchen, planning meals for myself or a group, working with what is available and keeping communal spaces clean.
- I am early rising, dependable, hardworking and can stay in one place where there is little excitment for an extended period of time.
- I'm great with animals including humans, and have worked extensively with cows, sheep, goats, chickens, ducks, and turkeys. I love dogs, cats, kids, and old people.
- I have began traveling with the purpose of exploring cheesemaking, and learning about grazing, milking, and cheese as an aspect of diversified farming.
- I am also prepared to teach what I know and assist cheesemakers and dairy people interested in making cheese, especially by natural methods.
InteressesMochilãoCaminhadaFazendaAnimaisCulinária e comida
Mais detalhes sobre meu interesse em idiomas
I want to practice and learn some Italian, Spanish, and French.
Habilidades e conhecimento para compartilhar ou aprender
Tenho interesse em:Vida na fazendaIdiomas
Conhecimento de:Projetos de construção/faça você mesmoProjetos ambientaisAjuda a cuidar da casaEnsinoManutenção geral
Poso ensinar:JardinagemCriar/cozinhar refeições caseirasCuidar de animais
Quais são suas habilidades?
I am highly skilled at cooking, baking, preservation, animal care/milking, organic gardening, driving tractors, tree work, splitting firewood, pruning/orchard care, farm hand work, and general labor. I am fairly skilled at landscaping, painting, construction, teaching and working with children, and customer service.
I've done a good amount of cob building, terracing/rock wall building, hugelkultur, composting/soil preparation, direct seeding, transplanting, working with drip and sprinkler irrigation, weeding, mulching. I've installed, lived with, and repaired solar water heating and storage systems, grey water drainage systems, composting toilets, and propane lines. I've spent years living in communal situations sharing kitchen space in off grid settings.
I am interested in long term work trades of more than one month.
Mais algumas informações
Carteira de motorista