Favorito 32 vezes
Since a while, we moved from city to live in a beautiful countryside property in North Tunisia, by the Mediterranean sea, in a quiet farm, still close to main cities and sightseeing in the country. We have owned the property since many years and have lovely dogs living with us in the garden. We grow mainly olive trees, along with some citrus trees and vegetable garden. In our agricultural area, we still wait for the supply of water and gas from the municipality. Meantime, we use water from an old well and buy gas in bottles. There is a lovely pool used to irrigate the plants and we don't take a second thought to dive in hot weather to reinvigorate and refresh. We enjoy going to atypical hot thermal water hammams, hiking and camping in beautiful mountain areas, swimming in gorgeous beaches either rocky or sandy.
We are upgrading our house and farm, and also restore some other properties to run nice B & B. We either use Arabic, French or English with our guests, but our French speaking is much better than our English. Our Spanish and Italian are basic.
Ajuda em projetos ambientais
Projetos de construção/faça você mesmo
Cuidar de animais
Ajuda em fazenda
Ajuda a cuidar da casa
Either you love swimming in fascinating golden sandy beaches, drenched in sunshine or wandering around ancient roman ruins or trekking into the vast rolling dunes of the Sahara or just enjoy sightseeing and city break, you will find in Tunisia everything that is enticing about North Africa.
You may be interested in traditional food. At least you will probably learn how to cook famous Tunisian dishes as couscous or mechouia salad.
We would love to share about your own traditions and your country, habits, food, language, etc.
You might help us improve our English, Spanish, Italian language or even learn German, Russian, Turkish, Swahili, Chinese, Japanese, or any other beautiful language, who knows.
During winter, we harvest olives and prune olive and citrus trees. We started to plant some pines around the property, however still other trees shall be planted. We also grow some fruit trees. You might help planting, growing and taking care of our trees, plow the land using the old tractor, cut wood, store it, transform it in useful objects, collect plant trees and bushes, pick up fruits, paint a wall, varnish a door, clean out barbecue or swimming pool, plant seeds, repair and take care of vehicles, wash the tractor or cars, etc.
Otherwise, we restore our old properties in Mediterranean B&B places. If you are talented with general maintenance skills as basic plumbery, electricity, painting, tiling, etc., you’ll be welcome to help. We also need your help to organize the storage, install shelves, put stuff in order, recycle what can be recycled and throw away what is not needed. If you have zeal and craftsmanship, you might even help in remarkable ecoprojects, for instance building stone walls, carports or wood oven using wood and stones, thinking smart project to install solar powered electricity, solar water heating system, etc.
We aim to run our properties in eco-way and recycle a lot of stuff. Your valuable and appreciated help in needed in different fields. We welcome hard working people who will enjoy helping mainly in a gorgeous remote farm setting. The most important thing is that you like gardening and helping mainly outside and also inside. Also please do not hesitate to teach us things we don't know.
We will share with you our expectations and priorities. Please ask if anything not clear. It is really important to read and understand what is explained here.
In exchange for warm Tunisian hospitality, we would love to put a call out for dynamic and dedicated people with DIY skills. The following are some example of skills (read up): gardening, farming, handcrafting / bushcrafting, painting walls and furniture, upholstery, carpentry, plumbery, building, general maintenance, sewing, cleaning, organizing, washing floors, cooking (on a roster basis), sorting the waste and separating the recyclables, etc. Mostly, we need people who enjoy spending time outdoors.
We are looking for dedicated individuals who do not mind getting their hands dirty helping around the properties and properly performing physical tasks for 5 hours a day; and enjoying time either with like-minded, easy-going travelers or locals, or visiting the neighborhood areas during free time and week ends. You can stay for a minimum of 10 days until as long as you like as agreed with us.
Este anfitrião oferece intercâmbio de idiomas
Este anfitrião indicou que tem interesse em compartilhar seu idioma ou em aprender um novo.
Entre em contato com ele para obter mais informações.
You will stay in a shared bedroom (for 2-3 people). There might be a shared WiFi to use properly. Wifi may not be available, so it is possible to use an easy internet access with local sim card that you can get from drugstores and dedicated shops.
Goods will be provided by us and cooked by you. We provide basic groceries (pasta, rice, tomate sauce, vegetables, local coffee or tea). Drinking water shall be collected from outside. You might buy extra food that you like from nearby shopping areas.
Leisure activities such as swimming in the pool in addition to shopping/cooking/cleaning for own purposes shall be outside the agreed hours of help.
Outside work hours, we will take turns to do common life activities such as shopping, unload the goods from the car, prepare food, wash dishes including big dirty casseroles, clean the kitchen and common areas, washing the floor. You have to clean your own space. Please no food outside dining table and dishes inside. Cleaning must be done properly. We might ask you to (re)do it properly if needed.
In general, we hope that you are a morning person. You may enjoy exploring the surrounding areas after helping efficiently around. Two very important things we agree on: timing and doing the tasks properly. Otherwise we may gently ask you to redo the job properly or be on time and we expect good will toward this.
Respecting time allow to progress smoothly without having some waiting for others working by their own rules.
We assume you are able to work independently with minimum expertise on the tasks you contact us about. Sometimes, we will organize teams, sometime not, according to know-how, expectations and priorities.
In summer, we start tasks early in the morning, at 7:00 am as the weather is too hot to consider starting later. In winter, we start at 8:30 am.
Few things to make all people enjoying this amazing experience happily :
- We never put restrictions about being kind and having great sense of humor and laughter.
- We collaborate with non-smoking people during work hours and inside the property, including in your room: we don’t like cigarettes butts, the smell inside. There is a risk of fire in the farm, especially in summer.
- Please keep the room and common areas, living room, terraces, kitchen and bathroom clean.
- Please collect tools and personal stuff, clean them (tools) and put them back to appropriate storage after each use. Good work organization is strongly required. Nothing should be left behind in working areas or outside. Tools may be lost, damaged by weather conditions, damaging out vehicle tires or simply taken by pets who love playing/ hiding them.
- We also prefer that you don't use extensively your smartphone during work time, neither taking inappropriate break-time.
- If you like, we will be extremely happy to spend some time with you sharing about common interests.
- Joining us, you must be that kind of people that thrive doing the tasks properly while being on-time, and we have no doubt that you will be respectful and behave in an appropriate manner inside and outside the property.
- We respect all type of character, we don’t judge people whether they are introverted or not for instance. There is nothing wrong with being a very quiet person so don’t be shy to come. We only want you to be happy through shared experience at the end.
- Taking proper care of furniture, dishes, tools and any stuff used to avoid damages is really important. We like people who do care. Cleaning must be done properly and as requested, taking care of details and as often as needed.
- In case you sponsor an accompanying person, please communicate the content of this description and full understanding of the expectations and priorities in order to smooth working climate and cohabitation.
- You will need proper clothes and shoes for the requested job. You might also need flipflop.
- It would be unsuitable for a city person who hates the countryside, as we are restoring our place. Of course, there are plenty of gorgeous cities / places to visit in Tunisia during week ends and spare time. If you are a more green person, there are also lovely forests, mountains and beaches to relax.
Please note mutual respect and excellent behavior is a prerequisite for all individuals. The stay will be terminated immediately if any misbehavior occurs during the stay in the property.
*** Please be aware of COVID travel restrictions in Tunisia and vaccination pre-requisite / quarantine stay (including obligation to in hotel sometimes).
Most times, you will be able to get a free local SIM card at the airport, jut after police control, in general offered by Orange Tunisia. Please get one in order to communicate with us, avoiding expensive international fees. Also, you will be able to charge it with local 4G internet connection.
You can access shops and banks far about 5 to 10 km from our place. The coast is also very close. Public transportation is easy. You may also use car rental. The capital Tunis is around 60 km from our property. The airport or ferry is +/- one hour drive far away.
We mainly use Whatsup or Messenger to connect with you.
The weather might be very hot in summer season, still it is much more pleasant in the farm than in city areas.
If you love camping, hiking and trekking, first thing to put in your luggage would be appropriate clothing for your trip, your tent and your sleeping bag; and don't forget your hiking shoes.
What you can do on your days off or afternoons : You might discover stunning remote areas in Tunisia, if you love hiking and camping. There are a lot of interesting walks. Of course, we will certainly advice you to visit gorgeous roman /berber /othoman/historic sightseeing such as Sidi Bou Said, Carthage, Zaghwen, El Jem, Tataouine, Matmata, Kairwan, Utique, Oudhna, Sbitla or Takrouna. Go on and google some places and you will find out a rich diverse country.
We are not vegan nor vegetarian. Though, we can arrange to have everyone happy with their own meals.
We might take you out on excursions, camping, swimming or hiking whenever is possible. If it is possible, you will be requested to pay for gas for long distances.
Unfortunately, we can not host workawayers with pets or children.
In general, please have suitable personal insurance suitable for your stay. We don't take any responsibilities for risky activities you might perform.
Acesso à internet
Acesso à internet limitado
Pode hospedar famílias
Este anfitrião pode fornecer espaço para vans.
5 hours a day, 5 days a week