I am here on workaway because I want to have clothes custom made. I need someone who can work as a seamstress/pattern maker.
1 room available for a minimum of 2 weeks.
The home can host 1 guest at a time.
I am looking for those that can achieve the perfect balance of friendship, work (in the form of teaching me things), healthy boundaries, and balancing the needs for socializing with the needs for alone time. Because I will wear several hats with you: friend, host, and roommate. So someone with above average emotional intelligence is welcome!
In terms of concrete cultural exchange value I can offer:
- professional French lessons help. with me. I have lots of experience teaching French to professional and executives. Teaching used to be my job.
- a cat roommate: it's good for relaxation
- learn Indian cuisine: along with me, you have 2 roommates who are students and come from India: they love to share their culture.
- I practice Somatics and can also show you some about this, if you are interested.
- conversation about awareness, and acceptance, meditation, psycho-emotional concepts....
Prática de idiomas
Cuidar de animais
Criar/cozinhar refeições caseiras
Ajuda a cuidar da casa
Ajuda com computadores/internet
- Want to practice your French or English? I've taught both languages professionally
- free organic food
- learn about super healthy and tasty cooking, what food is good for what purpose, etc....
Montreal is an amazing city with lots of offer - this home is in the city in a very multicultural area where most folks speak more than two languages. Churches, food, coffee shops, parks, recreation, shopping malls and much more all within a short walk
20-25 hours per week needed for help around the house.
- resourcefulness and creative problem-solving skills
- respect your stay duration commitment in the home
- communicative: tell us if there is something that you don't feel comfortable with. we want to hear it!
- assertive, confident, proactive
- trustworthy and reliable
- respect my social boundaries.
Hours can be on a flexible schedule and discussed together on a punctual basis. Days off can be discussed on a punctual basis or preset (e.g. weekends are off).
Some hours cannot be discussed and priorities must be given to those, but we give you plenty of notice time for fixed hours tasks.
We'd Skype first and do a virtual visit, and then we make a decision.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
thank you for providing links to your social media, and linked in profile if applicable
Separate, private bedroom in a 2-bedroom flat. Right next to Plamondon Metro station in Montreal (about 20 minutes to downtown, or about an hour's walk). Laundry in building. 1 cat shares this residence. Shared bathroom and kitchen.
- 20 min walk from the St-Joseph Oratory
- great running area in the Cote-des-Neiges cemetery for those of you who love to run
- 10 min walk to the movie theather
- 15 min walk to bars and restaurants
- 1 min to metro station
- 5 min walk to grocery stores and pharmacy
- close to plenty of thrift stores and deep discount stores.
If you are into sewing: I have a sewing machine and equipment, if you want to make yourself some nice clothing.
Metro station within half a block of the house; otherwise it's up to you to get around.
- 7km to Old Montreal
- 10km to the Montreal Botanical Garden
- 4km to Mont Royal Park
- 10km to the Biodome
- 2km to L'Oratoire Saint Joseph
- 7km to the Basilique Notre Dame de Montreal
Lots of thrift stores, organic food stores, and fun shops to explore.
Have been hosting for over 2 years now; it's working very well and I love workaway
No smoking, no heavy drinking, no parties, no guests.
Acesso à internet
Acesso à internet limitado
Pode hospedar famílias
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Essas classificações são opcionais e foram dadas junto com os comentários dos membros.A classificação média deixada por cada opção é exibida.
Precisão do perfil: