We are a Turkish family, with a 7 years old daughter living in a very beautiful Turquoise Coastal town at Mediterranean sea, named Kaş. Here is an old fishing village of Kaş remains relatively untouched. Has long summers where many international travelers visit and wish to stay permanently. Known largely as a divers’ paradise, the city has a hippyish sensibility.
We are working from home, me for a multinational pharmaceutical company as supply chain manager, and my husband Ilker; former art director in several agencies is now freelancer graphic designer.
We love outdoor sports. We both are scuba diving instructors, experienced sea kayakers and cavers.
We are easy going, reliable, humanist and environmentalist people loving to travel and meet new people around the world and would love to host someone who has similar values.
We are spending our days working, gardening and outdoor activities such as cycling, hiking, swimming, diving, kayaking etc.
Cuidar de bebê / criança
Cozinhar / compras
Ajuda nas tarefas domésticas
If you visit us, you'll:
- experience Turkish culture living with with a small family.
- We are CMAS certified scuba diving instructors and BCU Certified sea kayakers. Happy to share our knowledge and experiences if you are interested.
- stay in the one of the most beautiful and relatively not spoiled part of Turquoise Coast of Mediterranean Sea which is an pre-Roman Lycian city.
- there are many nearby ancient Lycian cities around like Patara, Xanthos where you can hike and learn more about the Lycian history.
- We generally drive to Istanbul once a month, you may be able to see Istanbul and stay in our house at Istanbul with us.
We are looking someone to help us and our daughter (7 years old) practice and learn English as a language and accompany our daughter in our absence.
So we'd like someone who is talkative, interested in children and happy to talk to both her and us in English.
We prefer native English speaker. Teaching experience is not must but we'd like you to be willing to teach and help us practice.
Share responsibilities in housework.
We also have a farmhouse and would love some help in gardening as well.
Our two floor semi-detached house is just located on the well-known historical Lycian way; Turkey’s popular historical long-distance trekking route where hundreds of travelers past through every year.
You'll be staying in second floor which is a penthouse in the peaceful center of Kaş, Likya St. The large roof is facing up to Kaş Port and Megisti (Kastelorizo) island, backing down to Lycian rock-cut tombs. fully furnished with cedarwood.
One of best location in central Kaş in terms of scenic view and reaching distance with less than 5 minutes walking distance to market, seaside and pubs/nightlife.
You can join us for breakfast and dinner.
We work in the day time and go to swimming in my lunch break. My husband Ilker joins me in swimming or goes to our farmhouse which is at 1000 mt. 20 minutes driving from our home for carpentry, gardening etc.
Depending on the weather, we do seakayaking, scuba diving, hiking around the ancient cities around and have picnic there on weekends.
We have calm winter in Kaş so swimming is possible almost in 9-10 months of the year. Here in where we live people are friendly, open minded and helpful as it is a touristic destination.
In your free time, you can;
- experience outdoor sports including, scuba diving, hiking, cycling, paragliding or join yoga lessons around.
- hike or cycle around the ancient coasts and swim over the sunken ruins.
- make gardening, carpentry and create DIY projects with us.
- learn and explore history of ancient Roman cities around.
- taste and learn about delicious Turkish cuisine.
- snorkel with caretta carettas.
Acesso à internet
Acesso à internet limitado
Pode hospedar famílias
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week