Welcome to Palawan!
We are a young travel startup company whose vision is a world in which cultural and natural heritage is preserved and shared. Our mission is to show the beauty of the Philippines through insightful travel experiences with people and culture. We run 'castaway experiences' around the natural wonders of Coron, Palawan and work directly with indigenous families whose island home has been voted one of the most beautiful in the country!
We employ locals as part of our crew of guides, boatmen and island staff, and endeavour to create livelihood programs and offer training that involve our island friends in many aspects of our activities. We've been blessed to have young adults who enjoy learning and developing their confidence around travelers and life skills through our initiatives, but more help is needed. We're so excited to welcome like-minded travelers on board our growing project... and hope you can help us leave lasting impact on the island and its inhabitants.
Our beach campsite is on a remote part of a legendary island with a pristine reef just in front! It's all about returning back to the basics and appreciating what matters most in life. No showers, no Wi-Fi, no worries! We got all kinds of creatures around, an amazing reef right in front and spectacular sunset views. We do, however, require improvements on the bathrooms, kitchen and lounging areas. We’re also excited to design and construct our own bar! We do not live on the beach, but spend about 2-3 nights there weekly along with our guests as part of a castaway expedition. For the most adventuresome travellers who absolutely love being at sea and outdoors, this just might be heaven!
So if you think yourself to be FUN, SOCIAL, CREATIVE AND SUPER SELF-MOTIVATED, then let us hear from you... !!!
Aide avec des éco-projets
Bricolage et projets de construction
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Accueil / tourisme
Aide informatique / avec Internet
Chance to travel around and explore hidden places... Experiencing life in the great outdoors... Learning local cultures and cuisine... Becoming friends with like-minded travellers from around the world... And so much more!
Two meals are included for volunteering: breakfast and lunch. Our simple breakfast consists of a fruit, pastries, oatmeal and coffee/tea in the morning, which volunteers are responsible for arranging from the bakeshop. Lunch is typically rice with vegetables and the occasional meat; we are very happy with vegetarians. As for dinner, you may have access to a kitchen for prepping meals and save. A cheap, yet hearty meal in town range from 70-120 pesos per meal. We also like to eat together and practice 'kitty' system. For a week in town, you shouldn't expect to spend more than USD20 on meals.
We are looking for enthusiastic folks who can:
- We mean, loving being surrounded by others, playing and dynamism.
- We want every day to be a new day for our guests.
- Fun and pleasure is the goal.
- Photography for our website, social media and galleries
- Write travel blogs featuring the town and island experiences.
- Help with construction, painting murals and making graphic art.
- Teach art and creativity to young adults on the island.
- We need to help with promotions, graphic design and SEO/expanding our reach
- Upgrade and add features on our website
- An expert in Excel and somebody able to set up accounting
- Start a compost bin & a herb garden
- Food enthusiasts to help develop a menu our predominantly vegetarian meals!
-- Schedule --
We didn't expect such a huge interest on Workaway, so thank you! We get more than a dozen requests weekly, which is awesome. We enjoy hosting volunteers but we just haven't got enough space on boat or beds in town to offer everyone an opportunity. Please apply at least 6 weeks ahead and fill out the questionnaire as thoroughly as you can :)
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il souhaitait faire partager sa propre langue ou en apprendre une nouvelle.
Contactez-le pour en savoir plus.
Volunteers are housed together between 3 single beds in a shared, co-ed studio apartment room (13sqm) whenever we are in the town as a team. It is located in a very local residential area in the town center. The accommodation has its own basic bathroom and a small kitchen counter, and is fan-only without air-conditioning. Living standard is basic. All the necessities are within walking distance.
Meanwhile, while out on a castaway trip to base camp or remote islands, our team will camp between huts and tent arrangement-- either way it's nothing short of paradise! Either hut or tent will have a 4-inch, single-size foam mattress with pillow, beddings and mosquito nets. On the islands, we assume no fresh water for showers and of course, no air-conditioning. Phone data can be surprisingly good, though most guests deplore the connection. We have solar power for charging small gadgets and some lighting, but is strictly for team use only.
Two (2) meals are covered while in town: breakfast and lunch. Either we give a food stipend or cook together. If you are on a trip, all meals are covered.
We may have a motorbike available (requires some repairs), as well as an SUV to take the team on distant road trips! Just top up your own fuel. There are waterfalls, beaches and river mangroves waiting to be explored! Meanwhile, the more-commercial town of El Nido is just a 4-hour ferry ride away, with trips departing twice daily.
-- How to Get Here --
· From Metro Manila: 2Go Ferry departs on Fridays 7pm and arrives in Coron the following morning. Atienza Ferry departs Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from near Intramuros. Daily flights on SkyJet, Cebu Pacific and PAL.
· From Clark, Manila: Usually the cheapest flights on Philippine Airlines to Busuanga (Coron).
· From Puerto Princesa: 2Go Ferry departs Sundays 7am and arrives later that evening.
· From El Nido: 25-minute Flight via AirSwift or 4 hours by ferry on Montenegro or Phimal (fare is Php 1,760).
· From Cebu: Daily flights on CebGo and Philippine Airlines.
· From Boracay via San Jose, Mindoro: Travel from Roxas by 4-hour van and take Montenegro departing San Jose at 7am and arrives around 12nn.
-- Meet our Local Team --
· Captain: Benjamin Nailon
· Boatman: Albin Bayo
· Guides: Noeme Balagtas, Bernard Santos, Lucy Mata
· Lead host: Simo Bo
· Admin: Aldrich Samson, Lovely Caracar, Rusheen Velasco, Angie Reyes
· Beach Crew: Alvin Dapi, Jela Apuen, Hilven Aguilar, Rizel Apuen
· Beach Bar: Robert Abril, Ronnie Bering
· Kitchen: Elmo Flores
-- Things to See and Do Locally --
· Road trip to West Busuanga for waterfalls, beaches, giraffes and dugongs!
· River kayaking around Kingfisher Park and Old Busuanga mangroves
· Motorbike to Cabu Beach and Maquinit Hot Springs near town
· Climb Mt. Tapyas near the office for sunrise or sunset views - great exercise!
· Workout at the local weights gym or learn Muay Thai with a coach
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il aimait accueillir les digital nomads.
Plus de 2
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: