Enregistré comme favori 326 fois
Private Home. Quiet village. Would best suit ONE independent, mature person who respects privacy. Two considered. One to two weeks appreciated but would consider short stay 4/5 days or 3 to 4 weeks. We are selective!
Entretien / Bricolage
Aide à la maison
Aide avec les langues
Aide informatique / Internet
Events in tourist seasons.
Pursue interests - reading, music, art, writing, walking, cycling, kayaking, wild river swimming.
Study French / English.
Share recipes, preparation, cooking, clearing dishes.
Piano currently un-tuned.
Thoughtful for travel December to early March....possibly looking for a female travel buddy of any age ...
Although the Calendar is open to applications I hope not to be here....BUT I am beginning to consider very good helpers for 2020 ... such a fantastic number that I never ever thought I would witness!
Please apply for TASKS which you have knowledge and experience of and WILL be able to achieve. :)
1. DECLUTTERING The season for Vide Grenier sales is over but there is stuff to sort and clear. Trying to reduce.
This is not a commercial business.
2. Computer work / Private selling:
Help organise / sell unwanted items online, involving research (value, postage costs, etc) of sheet music, educational music / books. This is not a business.
3. Computer work: APPLE Mac / MS WORD / BLURB (or similar) USER is ESSENTIAL plus EBAY/PAYPAL experience
3a) Help delete duplicated photos with software purchased.
3b) Help create digital book(s) of my photos / writings / blog
3c) Advise how to organise personal documents.
5.. Use electric saws to convert 2 sq metres of unused pine rafters into kindling. Work in a team of two. Must be machinery experienced. No insurance provided.
8. Repair and/or Make wooden gates and secure panel fencing. Experience ESSENTIAL
6. Apx 6 sq m of soil in open walled shed needs concrete base, before cement mixer is sold.
9. Sharpen chainsaw - Meditation!
7. Make rose bush supports using recycled wood, metal or purchased materials. Non urgent but would be nice!
10.. Help sort and organise tools / building equipment
11. Four bicycles need service.
12. 2020 - MARCH APRIL MAY - Repaint external doors / shutters.
13. 2020 - MARCH APRIL MAY - Sand / Paint stair case and well - requires high reach with standing boards.
Two experienced people accepted. 2 - 3 weeks work.
Willing to accept one person WITH EXPERIENCE AND SKILL for 4 weeks
GROUP C -
Miscellaneous tasks that occur in day ti day life plus
4. EASY Mowing / Weeding / Pruning
15. Easy house cleaning in a clean house which must stay clean!
14. Sewing Machine service. Some repairs and Patchwork materials to create!
English + improving slowly French language..
Renovated ground floor French fermette, built 1850s.
The chateau is not MY medieval ruin!
Peaceful village and countryside. An hour's drive from public transport.
You will be collected from station / airport. Looking for a newer vehicle!
Single bedroom with shared bathroom / shower above bath.
Twin bedroom if a couple.
Tent accommodation possible in summer.
Use exterior toilet and wash area and by arrangement indoor facilities.
24/7 Internet with Extender Wifi system (currently a mystery!)
Healthy meals plus morning coffee / afternoon tea.
Dine with host - Vegan. Vegetarian. Fish. Lamb , Beef, Chicken. (NEVER pork, turkey, veal).
Reduced wheat / Gluten free diets.
Bread usually spelt, rye or other quality grain.
Wine might be served. Contribution appreciated if you imbibe. Alcohol free days!
Please provide your treats such as chocolate / peanut butter / anything you crave for!
Opportunity to cook providing kitchen rules are respected.
I am a good cook without recipes but willing to learn new styles of eating.
1. Always follow house rules.
2. Some small size protective work clothes are available.
3. Good, not new bicycles, available for cycling in safe, flattish landscape.
4. Unsuitable for smokers, alcoholics, animals, children
5. Spring & Summer - house is dark and cool. Courtyard collects heat from stone walls. Rear garden available to sit and watch sun rise / sunset / bats weather permitting hear cuckoos, nightingales, swallows.
Winter - interesting retreat from society, isolated, spiritually educational with solitude, tranquillity, opportunity to write,
draw, hunker down once tasks are achieved.
Autumn & Winter - If you need central heating then this is not the place for you. Trying to get it connected! Sometimes
woodturners produce so much heat French doors have to be opened. Other times it's a job to get warm! Woodburners are managed by the HOST for Health & Safety. You may stack logs, chop kindling, bring logs in....
6. Hot water bottles, electric radiators, blankets, shawls are available.
Frugal is good but not to be cold!
Collection from Poitiers airport or Chatellerault train station takes apx an hour in each direction!
Taxi from Chatellerault = 70 to 100 euros in one direction.
Sometimes a bus to La Roche Posay.
There is no other transport.
No Street lights after 23h / 24h.
Roadside gates close around dusk.
Angles sur L'Anglin is a Garden of Paradise, Artists Dream, famous for Magdalennian rock shelter carvings, 'Les Jours' embroidery and a ruined 12th century Chateau. You can walk, cycle, swim, canoe, kayak, fish. The village in winter has fewer than 400 full time residents and in Summer expands with many Parisian and other second home owners. There are restaurants, restos, bars, a wonderful English tea shop serving meals, a bakery, a multi-services bar and shop with Wifi, small library and market vans. Oysters are sold in appropriate months. Check availability in winter as restaurants close without tourists! It has a part time Tourist Office. No cinema. Supermarkets within 10km. Spa town 12km. One to two hours drive to River Loire Chateaux. On the border of Brenne National Park, a haven for flora and fauna. It is unsuitable for those who like city razzamatazz. Every day is different, yet stone walled houses have stood for aons and pathways take you to hidden natural treasures.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Maximum 25 hours per week