Enregistré comme favori 100 fois
Have you wondered what is life like at the foothills of the Himalayas? Small villages around, deep forests, hills, fresh mountain water, rivers, fresh air and blue sky. Our place is located at the foothills of the Kumaon region in State Uttarakhand - India and the nearest railway station is just 4 km away. This is one of the liveliest districts in the city also called The Lake District - Nainital.
My name is Rajan and I'm part of a multicultural team living at the foothills of the Kumaon region. We are building a small cafe and boutique hotel and our goal is to provide a friendly and open-minded environment where local students, travelers and residents can practice conversation and cultural exchange in languages like English, French, Italian, German,Russian, Ukrainian, German, etc. and make new friends. We do host events and workshops so you always have the option to be part of the fun.
As part of the cultural exchange, we also enjoy inviting local musicians and artists to perform and create a nice ambience.
Our team will mainly interact with you in English for better communication and the locals mostly communicate in Hindi, so you can learn basic Hindi as well.
We are travelers just like you, so we appreciate to learn about new cultures and traditions. We have been to Switzerland, Belgium, France, The Netherlands, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, South America, New Zealand, Dubai and the United Kingdom.
Pratique d’une langue
Aide avec des éco-projets
Bricolage et projets de construction
Baby-sitting et jeux créatifs
Aide à la maison
Accueil / tourisme
Kumaon region is a part of India with a very rich culture. Here you will have the opportunity to learn about the different Indian festivals happening all year round like Holi, Diwali and many more.
Another amazing thing about India is their cuisine. If you are a foodie then, you will have the chance to learn about the different varieties of food, spices and sweets unique to the Himalayan foothill villages.
If you have culinary curiosity, we can arrange a day visit to a sweets shop on request.
The local children have no exposure to the world outside their village, so this will also be a great opportunity to share your language and stories with them. Tell them why your world is different and spark some desire in their little hearts to travel around the world.
The main language is this region is Hindi. So, if you would like to learn few basic words that could help you while you travel, we can arrange basic Hindi lessons for you on request.
We will send you a google form for confirmation.
Ce projet peut impliquer des enfants. Pour en savoir plus, consultez nos directives et conseils ici.
Help entails greeting and engaging in conversation with guests. Generally being the friendly face and also help our local staff during the day with simple English conversation. Other tasks include helping our staff to understand general etiquette and how to manage various tasks in which you are an expert.
You will share your culture and language and will also have the opportunity to learn about Indian culture through conversations with our team members, guests, and villagers. You will learn about local kumaoni culture, cuisine, traditions and Indian festivals that happen all year round.
As part of the cultural exchange, you can also have access to day trips to the spice market, local villages, and temples in our area on request.
How can you help:
• Smiling and spreading the positive vibes at the front desk (welcome guests)
• Digital marketing - Taking and editing photos, videos and creating content for social media platforms such as Instagram/FB
• Sharing your culinary skills at baking and pastry via educational workshops
• Sharing your cultural culinary skills. For example, if you are have culinary knowledge of Italian, french or chinese dishes
• Gardening and nature care - Join us with your eco-friendly talent for landscaping and organic gardening
• Language classes - Share your language with local kids or guests
• Workshops - Help us to organize workshops for local children
• Yoga and meditation classes
• Anything... if you are a jack of all trades
What we expect from you when visiting us:
• Be easy to get along with others and help our team members
• Ready to help on various rotational tasks
• You will help for 5 days a week and for up to 5 hours each day. You will have 2 weekdays off (2 days between Monday and Friday) per week
• The atmosphere is very casual but it could get busy from time to time
What We Offer:
• Accommodation - Shared room with bed, bedding, In some exceptional cases a Private Room.
• 3 veg/non-veg local meals a day.
• WiFi in your dorm / room ( Please do not expect high-speed fiber-optic as we live in the Himalayan region and we have limited internet speed even at the highest internet plans).
• One of a kind experience in India where you will make life long friends and be able to learn all about Kumaon Indian culture.
• A relaxed culture exchange environment with a team that can provide you with any help you need.
• Fluent English conversation ability (do not have to be a native English speaker). You need to be able to speak English confidently.
• Minimum Stay: 2 weeks (15 days).
• Professional conduct, sociable and friendly.
• Excellent personal hygiene is a must as you will be talking with people every day and living with others.
• You should dress modestly as we are located in a village.
• No drugs or any other illegal activity. This is strictly prohibited.
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il souhaitait faire partager sa propre langue ou en apprendre une nouvelle.
Contactez-le pour en savoir plus.
Rooms with single beds OR bunk beds OR double beds. Bed, bedding. In some cases private room.
You can explore the beautiful Kumaon region on your time off. Our place is only 10 minutes by car from the nearest train and bus station.
Our local sights include:
- Nainital City and Nainital Lake just 35 minutes away. Nainital city was a British summer retreat and so you will find heritage buildings and famous boarding schools.
- Our place is spread on a 50,000 Sq. ft. village with a wonderful mountain view and a river just 300 meters away.
- If you are a nature lover, you will enjoy your time exploring the lake district and peaceful mountains.
- Other activities you can find nearby are paragliding and hiking.
- You can also visit Bhimtal, Mukteshwar, Kasar Devi, Almora and other beautiful places which are not so far away.
You can easily reach these sights by local transport. Our team will guide you on this.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
The location is calm and peaceful with nature all around.
You can park your campervan in our parking lot as we have ample space for you.
Yes, but you would have to look after them.
Plus de 2
25 hours a week, a maximum of 5 hours per day, 2 weekdays off per week.