I'm Mashuri, we are running a hostel which was built in 90s by over 2000 international volunteers as part of International Cultural Center. It is located in the heart of Coffee Valley, just 15km away from Armenia and 3km away from nearest village - La Tebaida, and welcomes both backpackers and families, giving a chance to enjoy all beauties of countryside life without travelling far from the city.
The whole area covers about 17.000sq.m. and includes a hostel, restaurant with open terrace, fully equipped kitchen, 2 event halls, rural house, area for camping, football, basketball and volleyball pitches, BBQ area, organic farm, laundry, parking.
In recent years we mostly worked with national tourists only, and currently looking for volunteers to help market the hostel to international travellers.
The place has magic landscapes and really special energy, great for nature lovers, earth grounded and spiritually minded souls.
Cuisine / courses
Entretien / Bricolage
Aide à la ferme
Aide avec les langues
Aide informatique / Internet
Volunteers can learn about organic cultivations, construction and design from guadua (bamboo), coffee making. There is an opportunity to visit indigenous community village and organize projects & events with their families, youth and kids.
With your help we have man y ongoing and prospective projects. We can facilitate up to 8 volunteers but we need people with different skills.
We currently need people to help with:
- day to day running of the hostal
- restaurant development (some cooking skills or background)
- construction, repair and general maintenance
We are especially interested in:
- people who can work with recycled materials, repair roofing (local materials)
- people with creative furniture making skills,
- anyone we can help build an excel reservation system
- people to maintain and improve marketing and turism
- yoga classes
- organic community/indigenous farming and farmers market
- growing and roasting coffee (and branding, marketing)
- Clay bath building
- Traditional dance workshops
- Natural medicine and healing
- Event management and coordination
- Animal rescue
- Hostel upgrades
- Guadua construction and workshop
If you are hardworking, optimistic and motivated and have other skills to offer, we are really open to proposals and suggestions!
Accommodation: a bed in shared dormitory for 4 people, with private bathroom, free laundry
We are 4km away from the village La Tebaida, where you can find all shops/groceries that you need; delivery can also be arranged.
We are located in an area, known as "coffee triangle", so in a free time there are many outdoor activities and tours available: Coffee Tour (Parque Panaca, Parque Recuca, Parque del Cafe), Indigenous Village Cultural Tour, Thermal Springs Tour (Santa Rosa), Salento Valle del Cocora, Granja Ecologica Mama Lulu.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Plus de deux
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week