We are a young French family:
> Marianne, 33 years old, teacher of economics at Angers university. I also have a research activity in economics on various topics related to farming and the environment: rural landscapes, water and pesticide use, urban green spaces… In my free time, I like cooking, gardening, sewing & crafts in general
>Pierre, 34 years old, in the wine industry. In my free time, I like cycling & fixing my bike, playing video games,
In common: we like cycling, hiking, food & wine, flee markets, board games, spending some time with friends and family
>Robin, born in June 2016, passionate about anything with wheels, enjoy eating any food, enjoy "cycling".
>Iris, born in july 2018, very quiet litlle girl
> Latika, our 2-years old cat!
We've practiced and enjoyed receiving travellers through another website before we had a family, we've also both lived abroad (Spain, Australia, Chile, NewZealand), and are happy to now welcome people from oversea or closer!
Baby-sitting et jeux créatifs
Aide à la maison
Pratique d’une langue
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
The city center is on the other side of the Loire river (15 minutes walk, 5 minutes by bike), with all facilities and cultural places: theatre, cinema, library, book shops, wine cellars, bakeries, farmers market, swimming pool, little parcs, sport, music and yoga classes.
A shopping center (15 minutes walk, 5 minutes by bike)
A very good French bakery (2 minutes walk)
The wonderful Loire River is 3 minutes walk from home, with nice walking and cycling paths. More than 30000 cyclists are coming to Saumur each year!
The train station is 2 minutes walk. You can reach Angers or Tours by train in 20 minutes, and Paris in less than 2 hours (with one change).
WE LIVE IN THE HEART OF FRANCE !
Another great asset : Saumur is amazingly located to visit France and enjoy nature !
-The Loire, its castles and vineyards > 5 minutes drive
- The sea > 2h30 driving
- Paris > 2 h by train (one change)
- Southern France > 3-5 h by train
WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO
- cook our favorite meals for you from time to time, and introduce you to our favorite local dishes and products
- teach you about wine
- give you advice on how to best enjoy Saumur and the region
- lend you some books and comics
- allow you to have your own space and privacy : the room is on the top floor and rather well separated with our family floors
- help you with your French if needed and wanted (this includes help with CVs or any text in French)
- keep practising English or Spanish, or learn some words of another language
We need a little bit of help in the house (nice big old house that we have been renovating last year but there is still a bit of work to do). Looking for someone rather independant. Couples welcome as well.
Depending on what your skills are and on our needs when you'll be there, we need :
- Baby sitting from time to time, including speaking english or Spanish to our son
- cooking, setting the table or cleaning the dishes (when we come back from work too late!)
- someone who has skills like sewing, hairdressing, fixing computers, illustrator…
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il souhaitait faire partager sa propre langue ou en apprendre une nouvelle.
Contactez-le pour en savoir plus.
The house is a 100 years old and is full of charm! It is very confortable as the main renovation works are done. It’s located in the northern part of Saumur city.
There's a quiet garden, with fruit trees and grass.
A private bedroom is available in our house (for 1-2 persons : double bed). See pictures !
The room is on a separate floor, on top of the house, where there is another bedroom, a storage room + 1 bathroom.
Smoking is not allowed in the room nor in the house, but we have a nice garden and a roofed terrace.
OUR HABITS AND WAY OF LIVING
- We try to have a sustainable way of living: we use the bike rather than the car as soon as possible, we try to reduce our energy and water consumption, we don't have a specific diet but eat little meat and processed food. We love genuine products and knowing how it's been grown/made/raised.
-we don't smoke/do drugs.
-As a family with a young child, we generally go to bed (and are up) early. Hosts can of course sleep later as long as they aren't too noisy...
You can borrow one of our bikes.
Feel free to contact us to know more about us, what we offer, and about the house (we can send photos, translate the description into French or Spanish, give infos on some activities in Saumur for instance).
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il aimait accueillir les digital nomads.
Maximum 4 hours a day, 5 days a week