We are a French family:
> Marianne, 37 years old, teacher of economics at Angers university. I also have a research activity in economics on various topics related to farming and the environment: rural landscapes, water and pesticide use, urban green spaces… In my free time, I like cycling, cooking, gardening, sewing & crafts in general
>Pierre, 39 years old, in the wine industry. In my free time, I like cycling & fixing my bike, playing magic cards and video games,
In common: we like cycling, hiking, food & wine, flee markets, board games, spending some time with friends and family
>Robin, born in June 2016
>Iris, born in july 2018
> Our friendly animals: 1 cat and 3 chickens
We've practiced and enjoyed receiving travellers through another website before we had a family, we've also both lived abroad (Spain, Australia, Chile, NewZealand), and are happy to now welcome people from oversea or closer!
Pratique d’une langue
S’occuper des animaux
Baby-sitting et jeux créatifs
Aide à la maison
The city center is on the other side of the Loire river (15 minutes walk, 5 minutes by bike), with all facilities and cultural places: theatre, cinema, library, book shops, wine cellars, bakeries, farmers market, swimming pool, little parcs, sport, music and yoga classes.
A shopping center (15 minutes walk, 5 minutes by bike)
A traditional French bakery (2 minutes walk)
The wonderful Loire River is 3 minutes walk from home, with nice walking and cycling paths. More than 30000 cyclists are coming to Saumur each year!
The train station is 2 minutes walk. You can reach Angers or Tours by train in 20 minutes, and Paris in less than 2 hours (with one change).
WE LIVE IN THE HEART OF FRANCE !
Another great asset : Saumur is amazingly located to visit France and enjoy nature !
-The Loire, its castles and vineyards > 5 minutes drive
- The sea > 2h30 driving
- Paris > 2 h by train (one change)
- Southern France > 3-5 h by train
WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO
- cook our favorite meals for you from time to time, and introduce you to our favorite local dishes and products
- teach you about wine production and tasting
- give you advice on how to best enjoy Saumur and the region
- play boardgames with you, including those we play with the kids
- lend you some books and comics in French
- allow you to have your own space and privacy : the room is on the top floor and rather well separated with our family floors. There is two rooms if you come with your family.
- help you with your French if needed and wanted (this includes help with CVs or any text in French)
- keep practising English or Spanish, or learn some words of another language
Ce projet peut impliquer des enfants. Pour en savoir plus, consultez nos directives et conseils ici.
Depending on what your skills are and on our needs when you'll be there, we need :
- taking care of the animals, the garden and the house during our holidays in august
- gardening, including new wood constructions in the garden, picking fruits & vegetables and preparing glass jars...
- Baby sitting from time to time, including speaking english or Spanish to our kids
- Cooking, setting the table or cleaning the dishes
- If you like sewing, hairdressing, fixing computers, illustrator, practicing yoga, doing massages… this is more than welcome !
- If you have any idea to improve our house or garden, we would be very happy to listen to your ideas and work with you to implement them
You will have plenty of free time and we would like someone rather independant, happy to discover our area. Couples and families with max 2 kids are welcome as well.
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
We are happy to speak French with workawayers, and to practice english or spanish.
The house is a 100 years old and is full of charm! It is very confortable as the main renovation works are done. It’s located in the northern part of Saumur city.
There's a quiet garden, with fruit trees and grass.
A private bedroom is available in our house (for 1-2 persons : double bed). See pictures !
The room is on a separate floor, on top of the house, where there is another bedroom, a storage room + 1 bathroom.
Smoking is not allowed in the room nor in the house, but we have a nice garden and a roofed terrace.
OUR HABITS AND WAY OF LIVING
- We try to have a sustainable way of living: we use the bike rather than the car as soon as possible, we try to reduce our energy and water consumption, we don't have a specific diet but eat very little meat and processed food. We love genuine products and knowing how it's been grown/made/raised.
-we don't smoke/do drugs.
-As a family with young children, we generally go to bed (and are up) early. Hosts can of course sleep later as long as they aren't too noisy...
You can borrow one of our numerous bikes.
Feel free to contact us to know more about us, what we offer, and about the house (we can send photos, translate the description into French or Spanish, give infos on some activities in Saumur for instance).
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Yes, we have a good internet connection and Marianne is also often working from home.
Maximum 3 hours a day, 5 days a week. Flexibility in time management