Information du profil
Taux de réponse
Usually responds ≤ 1 jour
(We are currently looking for people from May onward.)
Being a volunteer gives you an opportunity to come and experience our community in a very unique way. You become an intrinsic part of our community and our unique way of life. We are opening our doors for you to become a part of our community. Our community consists of the guests, the staff, Aaron, Alex, our animals, vendors, tour guides, drivers, and many others who are a part of our ecosystem.
We typically look for people who can teach Yoga AND can also do one of the skills we are looking for people. PLEASE READ through the section below before responding.
Types d'aide et opportunités d'apprendreEnseignementJardinageAide dans une fermeAide à la maisonEntretien général
Objectifs de développement durable de l’ONU que cet hôte essaie d'atteindre
Echange culturel et opportunités d'apprendre
Volunteering here is a great way to immerse yourself into three worlds simultaneously.
1. You get to help side by side with our local team. You will get to practice your Spanish and experience the Pura Vida.
2. Being a yoga retreat, you will be immersed in yoga for the length of time that you stay here.
3. You are immersed in a jungle paradise. We are located right next to the Corcovado National Park, which is said to contain 2.5% of all the earth's bio diversity.
We look for volunteers who are yoga teachers AND can also contribute to one of the positions below. If you are interested in one of these positions and want to get away from it all for an extended time, please contact us.
Position 1 - Writer
Are you a skilled yoga teacher + experienced content creator (blogs, emails, social media, sales copywriting, etc.) interested in living at a beautiful ocean-front eco-retreat for three months?
VOLUNTEER DUTIES: (Your workweek will include various duties.)
* Write professional-level, engaging blogs, social media posts, emails, and sales copy optimized for the web (using SEO best practices). Here is a sample blog post to check out:
* Have an A-Type personality with a strong flare of creativity. (This is my exact personality.) You have a passion to create, work and get things accomplished. And you don't mind working with someone with a lot of drive, focus, and intention.
* Create and/or upload content on various digital platforms such as WordPress, Canva, Simplero, Google Docs/Sheets, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc.
* Take photos and capture video footage and edit as needed for marketing use.
* Teach the community yoga class at 4 pm each day (when guests are present).
* And more... depending on our needs and your genius zone!
TO APPLY, SEND US YOUR PROFESSIONAL RESUME AND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
1. Your social media links.
2. Samples of your past work (blog posts, other published content, marketing/promotional pieces).
3. Why do you think you would be a fit for this position?
Position 2 - Gardener
The Gardeners must be outgoing, present a strong work ethic, and be excited about contributing to our community. Although the gardening position is not customer service oriented, our garden volunteer must be comfortable and confident when dealing with customers and customer service issues.
Additionally, you will be asked to teach yoga classes.
• Minimum 3-month commitment
• Is able to work in hot environments- range from 80 degrees to 86 degrees F (26 to 31 degrees C)
• Fundamental knowledge of gardening. (Please email us your previous experience)
• Experience in permaculture
• Self-Direction, enthusiasm, takes an initiative
• Comfortable speaking in front of people (we offer a garden tour, led by our garden volunteer)
• Works well in team/group environments
• Takes direction well and is not afraid of hard work
* Upon your arrival and departure, ground transportation to and from Puerto Jimenez.
* 3 healthy, delicious meals daily.
* Private accommodations in our staff quarters.
* Yoga classes when offered.
* In some cases, eco-tours will be provided in exchange for a blog post about the excursion.
While it is not always required, volunteers who are yoga teachers will get priority consideration.
Private room with a shared bathroom.
A private shower that is shared among other volunteers
In exchange for volunteering, we provide 3 meals a day, 7 days a week. (with the exception of lunch on Saturday.)
* we prefer you to be a yoga teacher. If you feel like you exceptionally fit the description above, please reach out.
* generally look for solo people.
*no couples, families/children, or pets.
* favor longer stays. If you are only wanting to come for a week or two, please look elsewhere. We typically look for people who can come for more than 2- 3 months.
* require all volunteers/staff to be vaccinated for Covid19.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Combien de volontaires pouvez-vous accueillir ?
Nombre d'heures attendues
5 hours a day, 5 days a week Mon to Fri
Nate is a genuinely caring individual who is passionate about leaving his environment/community better than when he arrived. He is an enthusiastic and passionate worker who is eager to do his best. I can only hope that he will return one day to us.
We can't wait to welcome them back in a couple of months!