I am a new farmer and mother of one and soon enough of two!
I decided to leave to Athens and political sciences in order to leave closer to the environment and discover the organic farm life. With no experience at all but a lot of passion, I managed so far to run my family's olive grove and expand the farm activities so that my family is self sufficient in terms of food! Of course, all organic!
Our farm has now the perennial olive grove and the younger olive trees that we planted, animals (rare local greek breeds of black hog and poultry), a small vineyard from where we make our own natural wine, a big vegetable garden with seasonal vegetables and some herbs.
We still have a lot to do in the future: more animals, new breeds, more vines, more olive trees, more herbs and fruit trees. Thus we need a lot of help!
Our family expands as well. We now have a three year old boy and we are expecting the second one.
Baby-sitting / garde d’enfant
Entretien / Bricolage
Cuisine / courses
Aide à la ferme
Aide à la maison
Aide avec les animaux
This is a family project and our main goal is to live sustainable. Workawayers that would like to join us will be part of this effort. You will live the greek family experience, our daily life, cultures and food. You can learn from our experience, gained in practice so far, about organic and natural farming, natural wine making and the greek varieties and of course about the greek extra virgin olive oil.
You can explore the area and learn about ancient Greece and Sparta. Explore the villages with the rare greek gastronomy and even learn some greek words from our son!
We need a lot of help to maintain what we already have:
- take care of the animals
- take care of the vegetable gardens and planting the new seasons vegetables. (October - May)
- Pick the olives in autumn (November - December)
- take care of the vines in spring
- grape harvest and almond harvest in summer (august)
- weeding and cleaning the farm in Spring (May - June)
We also need helping hands to keep expanding our activities:
- Create a new home for the geese and ducks
- Build an area for sheeps and goats
- Build more raised beds in the vegetable gardens
- Build stone walls and gabion walls for separating areas in the farm
- Plant new vines and other trees
- Create more infrastructures for the volunteers
Our family needs also some support:
- Creative and educational time with Jason who is 3 years old, especially in the summer that he is not at school
- Help and baby sitting with the new born
- Cleaning in the house and cooking healthy organic yummy meals (our family is very foodie and we have high standards. We love international cuisine and especially Asian, Mexican, Lebanese and of course Mediterranean)
Greek, English, French
Volunteers are hosted in a 7 meter caravan with two single beds, one dining area, a fully equipped kitchen and a nice shaded patio. There is heater for the winter and outdoor WC and shower with hot water. We provide the bedsheets and pillow cases, towels and covers if needed.
We provide all the meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner). We prefer that we share the main meal of the day so that we cook only once, us or you in rotation and according to your skills. The breakfast and the dinner you can prepare them yourselves with ingredients that we provide and of the farm.
Our farm is 5kms from the village, but the village does not offer organized markets or entertainment. You can explore the area using the public bus that connects some villages. We can also drive you down to the biggest village when we go for shopping or get the kid to school. In the area you can find ancient ruins, medieval castles, very old churches, mountain hiking, relaxing beaches, picturesque small villages.
Our farm is not the ideal option for the people that are used to a city lifestyle. If you are down to earth, realistic, independent and eager to learn new things, this is the right place to be. We have many books in English about organic and biodynamic farming, sustainable architecture, food, wine, gardening etc if you want to broad your knowledge. There are also literature books to read under the shadow of the olive trees. We also have plenty of films to watch. You can also hike around the farm and discover the nature. We can teach you wild greens foraging or soap making if you want to adopt a new hobby.
We also love spending quit nights with good company and good wine getting to know our volunteers better and learn from their experience and cultures.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Plus de deux
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week