Enregistré comme favori 172 fois
We are a 1.5Ha permaculture farm in the Paredes de Coura area of the Minho in Northern Portugal. Our three bedroom farm house is occupied by our small family (Peter - father e Iver - son).
We have gradually been restoring the farm in our holiday time as we won't be resident until summer 2021, this has involved:
* Partial renovation of the house
* Woodland restoration
* Installing gravity-fed irrigation systems
* Cultivation of terraces of perennial fruit production
* Mushroom cultivation
We have a lot of work to come in the next year, including garden installation (for a house that we are renovating that will be a holiday let), woodland preparation for forest garden install, implementation of a market garden and an agroforestry project combining permaculture orcharding with asparagus production. We will be significantly increasing our mushroom output from summer 2021 - so if you like drilling and hammering, we're for you!!!
Our aim is to become self-sufficient and to develop an agro-tourism (farmstay and courses) aspect to the permaculture teaching that we will offer at our Quinta.
Aide avec des éco-projets
Bricolage et projets de construction
Aide dans une ferme
Peter is a permaculture designer, working towards the Diploma in Permaculture with the Northern School - this would be a good opportunity for volunteers considering completing a PDC or who just want to know a bit more about permaculture.
We're an open and easy-going family and Iver is enough to put a smile on anyone's face!
Ce projet peut impliquer des enfants. Pour en savoir plus, consultez nos directives et conseils ici.
We will need help with:
* Forestry work - chainsaw experience is preferred but not essential. We need to remove eucalyptus and pine from our woodland to establish the forest garden.
* Installing the market garden - these will be the foundation of our food production, for the Quinta and also to sell.
* Garden install for our house next door that is being renovated Winter 2021/22 and will be a holiday let/farmstay.
* Groundworks and planting of our forest garden.
* Groundworks and planting of our permaculture orchard.
* Solar shower and compost toilet installs.
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il souhaitait faire partager sa propre langue ou en apprendre une nouvelle.
Contactez-le pour en savoir plus.
One room inside the house with a double bed (ideally for a couple). During the warmer months, we recommend that you camp - you will have use of the house.
There is a lot to see and do in the local area, including a new eco-community project only a few hundred metres away. There is a thriving vegan/vegetarian scene in the region - each September there is a vegetarian conference in Paredes de Coura organised by our neighbours.
We are close to the historic towns of Valença and Ponte de Lima and only 2km from the caminho to Santiago.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Cet hôte a de la place pour les vans.
Plus de 2
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: