Enregistré comme favori 3533 fois
Short summery of the deal:
- Accommodation with lunch and dinner for
- 4h/day, 5 days/week of work
I am Thomas from Germany, welcome on my Workaway Profile.
I'm trying to give you here a good impression of what you can expect at my new place on São Miguel. So please take the time to read the profile completely before you message me, if it then fits, you will get a bunch more information. Please let me know for what timeframe/dates you want to come. Best is always if you can come at the beginning or middle of the month, at a Sunday or Monday and stay for at least two weeks.
PS I keep my availability up to date:
- green means, I have at least one more place free, but maybe not for the whole month.
- yellow means, that I most likely have no need for more volunteers, but can host you as "guest".
- red means, I have no space free at all
Aide avec des éco-projets
Bricolage et projets de construction
Aide dans une ferme
Aide à la maison
As I am not a local, I can't offer you a Portuguese, cultural exchange by my self. But there will be other Volunteers, friends, visitors or even family around from all over the world, to get a width cultural exchange anyway.
About learning, it depends a lot, how long you will stay and how fast you learn, if you stay only two weeks, maybe you learn just how to hold a shovel or use a brush. If you stay longer, there a for sure more opportunities. Beside of that, you can ask me out about a lot of topics like Veganism or Off-Grid living.
Usually I host only 4 Volunteers, but have also friends, family and guest around with you can hung up, In total I have space for 12 ppl.
I just (April 2022) moved in a big house which was empty for some years. So I need help with renovation task (painting!), building / putting up furniture and create a nice garden around. There is also a big barn/hall I would like to convert in something useful.
Things to be done:
- planting trees
- create a garden and terraces
- help in the garden (weeding, digging, moving soil, cutting gras and trees)
- cleaning (floors, windows, dishes, laundry... it's a big house)
- building a outdoor kitchen
- building a tool shop
- building furniture
- building a pool
- create kind of a boulder-gym
- take care of cats
I recommend to bring your own working gloves and good boots are also a good idea. Please be aware, that you can get very dirty and that you have to work sometimes outside even when it rains.
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
I have to learn Portuguese, I can help with german and english
- In total there are 5 Guestrooms, 3 of them for 2 persons (mainly for couples) and two of them with bunkbeds (mainly for volunteers) please keep them clean by your self and make your bed every morning.
- in total there are 4 bathrooms you can use
(please keep them also clean by your self and save hot water)
- there is also a kitchen in the guesthouse, but if you want to cook something by your own, please use the kitchen in the mainhouse.
- Usually I cook twice a day for lunch an dinner.
- If you bring any food/snacks on your own, even if it is only for you, please: no animal products (only vegan)!
- please keep the kitchens clean, nobody wants to feel like your mother ;)
In generell, I do not offer coffee, plant-milk, lot's of fruits, liquor, crisps, chocolate, ice cream or similar things, but sometimes I do also muffins or a cake for everyone.
- In best case, you are not a smoker, if you smoke, please only outside, no smoking inside, also not "at a open windows" in your privat room and always collect your cigarette butts!
I am open to any kind of personality, as long you are really motivated to get things done and have some life-experience (in best case 25+).
For long term volunteers special arrangements can be made.
In your off-time you can do:
* If you are mobile by your own, you can do for sure more things but there is also good public transport...
- hang up at the beach, public pool (30min walk)
- explore the town or make a day trip to Ponta Delgada
- use the long slackline
- play dart
- play table tennis
- explore the surroundings / go hiking
- do yoga, meditate, read, relax in a hammock
- go swimming
- do board or card games
- visit waterfalls or hot springs
The closest village is Povoação ~ 20 min to walk, where you can find everything you need. But the closest shopping or bar is just ~10min to walk.
BE AWARE: I can't offer a daily shuttle service (:
The best way to get here, is by bus until "Povoação", where I can pick you (3min by car).
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
I have a pretty good fiber optic connection, but the wifi signal is not everywhere on the property the best.
Cet hôte a de la place pour les vans.
If they are good with others like cats
Plus de 2
4 hours a day (max 20 hours, 5 days/week)
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: