Enregistré comme favori 2326 fois
Welcome to our little slice of paradise!
WE ARE: Kevin, Sonja, Kaylen (almost 4, smart, highly sensitive, energetic, loving, funny, eloquent ... ) and Karl (almost 18 months, sunny, grounded, connected, cheerful, bright, playful, active ... ).
We have the honour to share life with Mother Earth on 900 hectares of grass-fed, free-range beef cattle pasture and forest. Located a 3-hour car drive north of Sydney - a short trip by Australian standards haha- you will find the serenity of green, rolling hills, the tranquility of the land, and fantastic views with eagles enjoying the breeze, whilst the ocean and local towns are just 30 min. away.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU! DO YOU
- would love to meet the Australian countryside on our farm with wildlife (wallabies, wild birds to eat from your hand and lots more), cows, horses, and hills?
- have a soft spot for children and can imagine sharing your space with them?
- have a genuine, open heart with a compassionate and honest mind?
- feel interested in sharing and learning new skills, or are you maybe even quite practically minded?
- not mind helping around the house & kids (cleaning, cooking, laundry- really just normal "shared housing"-stuff) ?
- commit to a minimum stay of 4 - 6 weeks?
YES? Well, please read on...
ABOUT KEVIN & SONJA:
Kevin is a true Australian Cowboy :-) He understands the language of nature to an impressive degree and knows every single animal of the mob! But he can not just teach you about fencing, pasture, holistic management & rotational grazing, but even more about machinery maintenance, woodwork, welding and building if you are interested. We have a full woodworking workshop, as well as a mechanical/engineering workshop for repairs to cars, trucks, & tractors. People with the practical ability get a chance to learn to weld, change the oil in the car ... We also have some great books on all that stuff to read if you're interested in making better decisions in your life! Simply so much info we can't include it all here...
Furthermore, Kevin is always happy to share his knowledge and experiences of the real Aussie lifestyle and has the best travel advises.
Sonja is originally from Germany, but living out here for several years now. She speaks German and English (as do our boys). Professionally she is a clinical psychologist, an equine-assisted therapist and a horse educator practising 'Natural Horsemanship'. She can help you to learn about technique and communication with these beautiful animals as well as learning about tantra, mindfulness, and meditation. It might be a great chance to expand your connection with horses (animals, nature...) to a new level. You don't have to be able to ride horses though, the horses are just complimentary to the farm situation- they truly roam free and are our friends. At the moment we do not have horses to ride on as some are too young, some too old and the others still in training. But rest assured that the contact with our lovely herd has so much more to offer than riding and Sonja is happy to share that experience whenever possible in our busy life!
We both share a deep passion for COWmanship and whenever possible we are happy to introduce you to a different perspective on cattle work.
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO MENTION
- Longer stays are preferred- on the one hand because this farm is large with lots of opportunities available: 2 weeks are not enough time to relax- you need time to enjoy, settle in, unwind, and to learn new skills. On the other hand we do not want too many short-term changes in the household for our kids. Therefore, 4 - 6 weeks are a minimum. Stays of 6 months to 1 year have been accommodated in the past.
-We do cater to vegans, vegetarians and meat-eaters and if you have a food allergy we try as good as possible to accommodate your needs.
- Motorbikes are used every day. If you can't ride yet but would like to have a go, we have a little one that's easier to learn on. We also have 4x4s for those that don't ride anything and there are lots of walks you can do if that's your thing.
- If you are interested in instruments, gardening, planting, cooking, arts, painting, spiritual exchange- you are very welcome to share your talents with us- We love to learn new things too!
- We try and suit jobs to the individual's ability, but you might find yourself on the edge of your comfort zone too (they say that's where life begins!). You will almost definitely learn something - in which way ever - but most importantly, feel free to always express and communicate your limits!
- Bookings are essential, and PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED if you change your plans.
We have been hosting travellers for over 20 years, hosted over 400 people, and have made many friends all over the planet (many returned along the years). Seems many people find this a deeply spiritual place, taking with them memories of their insights. We look forward to sharing our special place.
Close to the ocean- just a short drive away!
Close to the mountains- just out your window!
"Plans limit the possibilities of today " so if you're open-minded, like a challenge, and would like to see a real Australian way of life: WELCOME- this is the place you will never forget!
if u have got this far reading profile we would welcome an Aupair style situation at present to help with children some pocket money and also visa sign off for an extra year visa but must commit to a minimum of 3months plus
Kevin & Sonja, Kaylen, and Karl!
Pratique d’une langue
Bricolage et projets de construction
S’occuper des animaux
Aide dans une ferme
Baby-sitting et jeux créatifs
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide à la maison
Aide informatique / avec Internet
We can share the German and Australian culture with you. We love to share our life in the ever-changing flow of nature and can support you in finding the beauty of mindfulness. We are happy to teach you important (life) skills and learn from you at the same time. Every encounter in life holds the opportunity to understand, learn and grow!
Ce projet peut impliquer des enfants. Pour en savoir plus, consultez nos directives et conseils ici.
We love to invite you into our kitchen and encourage everyone to cook! Even if you don't consider yourself a good cook -
practice makes perfect! It's just something we struggle to find time to do, so it's always greatly appreciated!
We need help running the house and keeping it clean, tidy and comfortable for everyone after a hard day's work.
There are often building projects happening of varying scales, from bird boxes and fences to eco cabins and many things in between.
We have small fruit orchards with avocado, apricot, peach, lemon, orange and many more varieties of food trees that require some maintenance. Would love to hear from you if you have experience with permaculture or would like to learn about it together.
All sorts of jobs that sustain and help grow daily life.
On a side note: We don't milk cows, or feed our cows and horses daily- they are grass fed stock and roam free all year round
We sometimes invite you to actively join us for stock work, but it's difficult to teach in one lesson so don't expect to be out there straight away. It takes time. You can always watch and learn though!
It's a relaxed lifestyle, but always lots to do!
Are you up for the challenge? You wont forget this place.
Hope to see you soon!
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il souhaitait faire partager sa propre langue ou en apprendre une nouvelle.
Contactez-le pour en savoir plus.
Private room or caravan. Queen size beds. Shared dining and kitchen. Good food. Internet in the main house via Wifi. Shared bathroom with toilet/shower for the guests, not used by us.
We believe that attitude is the key to success.
Just having a 'go- attitude' is all that's required; your opportunity here is only limited by your imagination, participation and initiative!!!
What we share with folk is worth big $$, but it will cost you nothing to stay here. After 1-month people often say: "We have spent nothing here and what a great time we had!"
If you are a responsible driver, we are happy to share one of our cars with you (fuel at your expense). We have great sightseeing recommendations for your days off.
You can reach us by car or public transport- please contact us for specific informations.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il aimait accueillir les digital nomads.
Cet hôte a de la place pour les vans.
4-5 hrs, max 25 hours/week
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: