We are a bilingual French/English family with 4 kids (12, 11,11, 8). Very sadly our 2 Brazilian helpers are leaving after 18 months to go back home. Since 2010 we have had over 50 helpers, with quite a few staying for over a year (and some over 2) which has been fabulous. We are happy to have people from anywhere as long as they are prepared to speak either English or French. A native French speaker who wanted to perfect their English would also be very welcome.
This workaway would really suit a couple or 2 friends, so that you have company as we are out all day and away pretty regularly. Or someone happy with their own company, and good at visiting by themselves. We would prefer people looking to stay for the whole period up to the end of August (and beyond if you want).
The principal reason we are currently looking for helpers is for when we will be away in April and quite a lot over the summer and need help with our holiday rentals - mostly doing the meet and greets, and some gardening, cleaning, bed changing etc particularly while our cleaner is on holiday for 2 weeks in August.
HAVING A DRIVING LICENSE AND BEING ABLE TO DRIVE A MANUAL CAR ARE AN ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL PART OF THE JOB. Sorry to shout, but I cannot make this clear enough. You can generally have use of a car with a bit of prior notice.
We provide all food and are really passionate about food and love having people that really enjoy food and eating everything, and are happy to cook and help prepare. Meals are family affairs.
So basically the job probably averages 20 hours a week and involves the following:
• Cooking the evening meal for everyone – family and helpers. We are a food lovers’ paradise, with amazing local products and a great local market. We eat local food and eat seasonal produce as far as possible. Clearing up after the evening meal.
• Walking the dogs daily – we have two unruly spaniels. Mostly I walk them myself but if I can't then this is part of the job.
• A bit of stuff with the 4 children - girls aged 12, 11, 11 and an 8 year old boy. They are at school 7am to 7pm 4 days a week. Normally you can have as much or little interaction with the kids as you and they feel comfortable with.
• Gardening – weeding, weed wacking/strimming, mowing, watering, picking fruit, veg etc depending on the season.
• When the cleaner is away (normally 2 weeks in August) cleaning and preparing our 2 x two bedroom holiday cottages, which are on site, for guests. Generally keeping the place in working order so that it looks great for our self-catering rental guests.
• Doing the meet and greets for the gîtes and beach house when we are away.
• Doing the recycling, bins.
• Doing the washing and folding. Our fantastic cleaner does the ironing.
• We are going to be putting our home up for sale in April, so we need help getting the house ready for photographing - mostly this involves getting rid of as much of our stuff as we can. We are moving into a house that we are currently renovating in another part of Normandy.
There are always things to be done, so any helper must be really independent, a team player, a self starter, preferably a meat eater and preferably a non-smoker.
We have a discount with Brittany Ferries for those travelling to & from the UK.
Please get in touch if you are interested.
Baby-sitting / garde d’enfant
Cuisine / courses
Entretien / Bricolage
Aide à la maison
Aide avec les animaux
Normally someone to take over from me with the kids, and all the stuff a mother does! Washing, tidying, cooking, driving etc
I am really looking for people who can just join the family.
You have your own separate accommodation, in the new apartment (which was finished in 2014). One double bedroom and one small loft bedroom, open plan living room/kitchen, bathroom and separate toilet.
The languages we speak at home are English/French.
You must have a driving licence and know how to drive a manual car.
We are meat eaters, and we love to have people who are passionate about food and cooking. We would prefer that our helpers are also non-vegetarians, but this is not a deal breaker. We have learnt so much about food by having vegetarians and people from other cultures.
We are in a fairly rural location so you need to be happy with your own and our company. Going out (in the evening) involves driving. We are well placed for trips to Mont Saint Michel, D-Day beaches, Bayeux tapestry, Cherbourg, Caen, Granville, Vire.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
We are a bilingual family, French father English mother. Happy to have people from any culture/language as long as they are happy to speak (or learn) English or French.
We are in a great location for visiting Normandy - an hour from Mont St Michel in one direction, Bayeux tapestry and the D-Day beaches in the other and close to Caen, Granville, Coutances, Cherbourg and 1.5 hours from Rennes.
We have 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 horses - happy to show anyone about any of them.
A minimum of 20 hours a week. If you are an hour counter this is probably not the place for you. Cooking and cleaning up after meals is shared by everyone, and isn't part of your hours.
Veuillez vous connecter pour laisser votre feedback.