14.12.2019 - 31.03.2025
We retired a little early at the age of 57 from careers in project management and teaching in order to travel around the world, not to see tourist sites but to experience what it's really like to live overseas among small communities and to give back. We have been nomadic for the last year, working for NGOs in Ethiopia and India, generally in the areas of teaching English, editing publications and creating Income Generating Activities for villagers. When back in Europe to see family, we also do some home and pet sitting. We adore learning new skills in one part of the world and training others in them in another. We also love all things cultural - history, heritage, music, reading, films, etc.
- project management experience of 30+ years
- accountant by profession
- finding income generating activities and arranging training and micro finance
- fundraising and grant applications
- software: Excel and Adobe Premier Pro for filmmaking
- teaching experience of 30+ years (English and French from early ages to adults including college level, beginners Spanish and philosophy for children)
-translating and editing texts
- rearranging furniture and possessions for different effects
- help in the garden
- recycling, upcycling and composting
- help looking after pets /animals
59 & 58
We are both crazy about films - from silent to modern era, from Hollywood to Bollywood, Our favourites are the classic films from the 1930s/1940s. Jeff has a MA in Film Studies and has made films as a leisure pursuit.
We love food. Sylvie is passionate about ingredients and cooking. She loves, learning new skills and not just in the kitchen! She also likes singing , reading including reading aloud and good stories/ legends.
Jeff love games - He taught chess in an Ethiopian school and likes to organise treasure hunts for his nephews and nieces. He plays football and tennis. He has taught softball to his colleagues
Permis de conduire
Sylvie is very intolerant to dairy products except ghee/butter
Régime alimentaire spécial