Enregistré comme favori 422 fois
Offering a unique horse riding opportunity in the Upper Ottawa Valley (Wilno, Ontario) for a competent, confident and experienced riders with training and marketing skills. We are happy to accommodate couples.
After raising horses for over 40 years, it is time to retire and send horses on to new homes. We need a rider (or riders) who are experienced (preferably with training experience) who can help with preparing the horses for sale as well as marketing them. 7 horses is just too much for a couple of seniors.
We live on a small horse farm in the heart of a beautiful, hilly, forested rural area with prime horseback riding (trails and a cross country course) and hiking. COVID FREE!
Our family consists of Linda and Dale. We live on a small farm and there are amazing trails around - perfect to go riding! We aren’t computer literate and prefer phone calls if possible (our daughter Calista responds to most of the messages on here, but she doesn’t live in the area).
We are looking for an EXPERIENCED rider and/or trainer to help get our horses ready for sale.
Our herd includes:
3 Morgan crosses, a Dutch warmblood cross, trakehner/TB, and others all born here on the farm (all professionally raised and trained).
Thank you very much,
We are located about 2 hours west of Ottawa.
S’occuper des animaux
Aide dans une ferme
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide à la maison
Aide informatique / avec Internet
1. You will get to practice your English! We have had Workawayers arrive speaking no English and we always find a way to communicate and teach you our language!
2. You will get to work with horses.....A LOT! Including riding in some of the most beautiful landscapes Canada has to offer! Bring your camera....a GoPro is better!
3. You will get to live, for a while, in the first Polish settlement in Canada. It dates back to 1858 and is still mostly populated with with descendents of the original Polish settlers.
4. We often have more than one Workawayer on the farm, so you may get to learn about other countries and their food!
5. Did we mention the scenery? Blankets of snow in winter, green as far as the eye can see in summer and forests of yellow, orange and red in the fall! BRING YOU CAMERA! :)
Must have riding boots to ride and be able to ride outside of a ring on trails and get up early in the morning.
Help would include daily chores of caring for/feeding the horses, riding every day (often 2x a day during winter months), helping with meals, cleaning up, fencing as required, and help with photography and computer. Generally during the winter months it is just basic chores, and horse back riding. So light chores, and no shit shovelling!
If you feel comfortable with training horses and have fun working with them, this will be perfect for you!
We are deregulated, and break our horses in nature! We only require that you bring proper riding boots.
Ideally we would be looking for someone to stay for at least two weeks, but we can be flexible :)
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il souhaitait faire partager sa propre langue ou en apprendre une nouvelle.
Contactez-le pour en savoir plus.
We live in an old farm house with modern amenities - helpers get a private room with a single bed and all of your meals are provided. Don't worry, we have wifi.
This is a pretty rural area - the horses and the outdoors is the main thing to do around here, but every Tuesday night there is live music in Wilno.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il aimait accueillir les digital nomads.
Cet hôte a de la place pour les vans.
maximum 25 hours per week. 2 days off
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: