My name is Soraya, I am 25 years old and I live in a small and quiet town very close to the capital, Murcia, in the south of Spain.
I am a university psychology student and also an English student and I have to take an official English test in about a month. My English is enough to pass the test, but I have anxiety and shyness issues when I have to talk to someone who is evaluating and judging my knowledge and skills. That's why I thought having a native English speaker at home (someone with a fairly advanced or bilingual English level is also accepted) could be a great idea.
This is what I usually do during the week:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: I have my English course from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. The rest of the time I spend it at home or in the library (I do my studies at an open university, so I am quite flexible about the time I have to dedicate it).
On Wednesday I also work as a teacher for a couple of hours in the afternoon.
- On Tuesdays and Thursdays I also work for 1.5 hours each day in the afternoon.
As you can see, my schedule is not too busy, so we can do many things. Although I live in a small village, I must drive every day to the city because I study and work there so you won't have to spend any money on public transportation in case that you want to go there while I'm on my duties.
This is a perfect position for:
- A girl: I live with my family, they are a bit traditional and they are not into this type of cultural exchanges and volunteer things, so they will definitely feel more comfortable if I invite a girl. Do not worry, they're nice, I promise (but they only speak Spanish).
- Someone who is around my age (20 to 27).
- A student: This is not a strict requirement, but it would be nice if you are also a student because some days I will have to work on essays and do some reading so I do not want you to get bored (if you are independent and you would like to have some time by yourself, that's fine).
- Someone who is interested in sharing time and experiences with their host. As I said, I do not expect you to sit for 4 or 5 hours every day to teach me some English. I want you to see me as a friend with whom you are going to spend a vacation. Of course you're going to have some time on your own if that's what you like, but I'd like us to do a lot of things together. I will do my best so you can have fun and visit as many beautiful places as possible.
Pratique d’une langue
It's a cultural exchange what I'm trying to do here. I promise this won't feel like a job for you because you'll only have to speak with me while we are doing fun stuff. I have plenty of free time that we can spend walking around the city or visiting anything you could be interested in. We can even go to the beach or the countryside by car. Murcia is a very beautiful and sunny city which is full of erasmus students and many things to do.
I am currently taking a course for doing the B2 exam of english in a few weeks so what I need is a person who I can have english conversations with. Unlike the typical volunteer position you could find here or anywhere else, you won't be required to work for me being an english teacher for a fixed period of time every day, no, what I'm looking for is much more simple than that. I just would like to spend some time with you having a natural conversation while we eat together at lunch, go for a walk or visit some of my city most beautiful places.
About the housework, I just expect you to wash anything you could use for your meals and also keep your room tidy. That's pretty much it, just like anybody else living in a house.
Probably you and I will be sleeping at my boyfriend's place because he has a spare room there and I don't. You'll have your own bedroom.
He lives in a flat and I live in a house, my house is where we are gonna stay during the day if we're not out (we live pretty close from each other, just 5 minutes by car).
This would be my first experience as a host but I've been a volunteer before. I want you to feel very comfortable during your stay so feel free to ask me anything and express any doubt that you may have.
I'm not a smoker and my family isn't either, but my boyfriend does smoke and as we're gonna be sleeping at his place maybe you must consider it if probably dealing with some cigarette smell is a big issue for you.
I'm pretty flexible about food. I eat everything and you can eat whatever you want too. No worries if you have any dietary preference, I will take you to the supermarket and you'll be able to get anything you like.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
As I explained, no "work" is required, just being my "companion". Let's say 4 hours per day maximum. Accomodation and food are fully provided.