We are a family of 4 with two secondary school aged children (12 & 15). We work in urban strategy, art and construction and live in Carlton. We also make campervans and campers - check out our work
We have decided to travel for the year and need some help to rearrange our house and to get it ready to rent out.
Bricolage et projets de construction
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide à la maison
Aide informatique / avec Internet
Our place would be perfect for English language practice,
We travel to Sydney and regional Australia a lot and are happy to take you along. We might even be able to take you out on the boat to sail around Sydney Harbour.
We are moving out of our home of 4 years and planning to travel. My wife and kids are already overseas and I have to prepare the house to rent, move my workshop, and set up storage on a country property. I'd love a hand to do this!
Specific tasks include:
- lifting and moving furniture and boxes
- Deep cleaning as we are moving furniture etc
- Some construction tasks
Other tasks according to skills/preference:
- pitching in with the general housework and cleaning
- doing laundry
- occasional help with grocery shopping
- gardening (on a tiny scale)
- helping us with spring cleaning
Jobs for people with sewing or construction skills include:
- building peddler's carts
- repairs and small renovations in the house
- repairs and works to a Sprinter van fit out or custom teardrop camper
- repairs to a wooden sailboat
No specific skills are needed to volunteer with us, although being a decent cook would be great. No drivers license needed, the public transport is excellent.
We encourage our guests/volunteers to set their own schedule and pick the tasks that they think they will most enjoy, and that fit in with their travel plans. Please only put hand up for tasks you're completely comfortable with and confident in so we can keep them and everyone else safe, don't worry, we will be able to find a task that is the right fit.
Couples, families and friends are all welcome.
We have been delighted by the number of responses we've had to our listing in the past. It is sometimes difficult to keep on top of the large number of emails and enquiries, so we do appreciate your patience if it takes us a few days to reply. Please don't send us a message if the dates you're looking at are shown in red.
What we have found in our workaway adventures so far is that we prefer people who are:
- last-minute volunteers. We prefer to stay flexible, so that our current volunteer can stay longer if they want to
- travellers who have already been exploring Australia or elsewhere for at least a month before they arrive here
- people who clearly explain what their relevant experience is
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
We are learning Japanese and our daughter is learning German too.
The work-away residence is in the cool inner-city suburb of Carlton. You'll share the 2 bedroom 1.5 bathroom house with another workawayer/couple and have your own room with a private balcony and a shared bathroom. Call Adrian if you want to discuss specifics of accommodation e.queen bed or twin bed etc - as we are setting the house up at the moment and things are in flux (he's also on WhatsApp)
Unlimited high speed wifi, bills, bedding, towels & groceries for 3 meals a day are included.
We have two cats, and a very friendly border collie/ labrador cross named Bee.
- We can also provide accommodation in a small township in the Goldfields in an on-site caravan with power, composting toilet and shower - perfect for watching the sunset beside a camp fire. This is open to any volunteer who would like to get out of Melbourne.
- A road trip in our custom teardrop camper or Sprinter van is possible for skilled volunteers who work on these projects
- Staying on our sailboat in Sydney Harbour is possible for a volunteer with the appropriate carpentry/ shipwright skills who helps us work on the boat
Carlton is an cool inner urban suburb a short tram ride away from the city. If you like being in the centre of the action - then this workaway is for you.
We have public swimming pools, libraries, shops, restaurants, bars, cafes, arts galleries and live music all within an easy stroll.
It's easy to get away to the bush or the beach and we have plenty of camping equipment that you can borrow.
Melbourne is all about food, coffee, art and good times.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
We live close to the centre of Melbourne and have NBN. Workawayers will have their own room and spaces to work. There are libraries and the university campus nearby and bicycles to borrow.
We love all things caravan and camper and can support people travelling by van
Yes - as long as the pets get on with other workawayers and our pets (2 x cat and dog)
Plus de 2
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week