**House is full until Winter at least, sorry... Feel free to contact us concerning next Spring/Summer :) Or for 1-4 weeks around January :) **
Ideal for someone who wants to learn French (French roomates + Summer french course 5 min walk form home), or who will start studying in Lille in September and needs time to visit and find a flat.
IMPORTANT - COVID : Covid rules in France will change this Summer 2021 : proving that you are fully vaccined will be compulsory to go to restaurants, cafés, cinemas, shopping centers, cultural or leisure gathering of 50 persons and more.
There aren't many hours of tasks and it's flexible as about when to do them so perfect for someone who needs to study in a language school, or works from home (desk and wifi available), or studies, or have a creative activity, or needs to escape form home after all this covid difficulties, or plans to explore !
We are a French family of 4 :
> Ronan & Claire, 36-38 years old, passionated about food, wine, books, crafts, flee markets, ecology, languages, education, economics, getting together with families and friends. Our hobbies are related to food, wine, crafts, children, friends and family, local tourism, decorating our house... Ronan runs often and will be happy to recommend itineraries.
> little Charles, 6 years old, now passionated about books, plays of words, books, legos, knights, books, board games, books, outdoor games, and did I mention books ?
> Abigael, 3 years old, found of songs, smiles, roadworks and garbage trucks, dance, and books too !
> + on the independant 2nd floor where you'd live, you would share with 2 students, or with other volunteers, depending of when it is.
We've practiced and enjoyed other hosting platform before we had a family, we've also both lived abroad, and are happy to now welcome the world in our house (we see Workaway somewhere between c.surfing and au-pair : ideal for families like us who would be happy to be given a hand, while sharing culture and house and nice time with people, with flexibility) !
At that moment of our family life we unfortunately don't have several hours to share daily with workawayers. Still we are hosting with pleasure and are available most days for a chat and occasionaly share meals, just note that staying at our place is better for someone independant or who is not looking for hours of daily social interaction with the family. (Big social interaction can be found with the 2nf floor roommates :) though)
Plus the house is very well located to add social life : language lessons/swaps ? meetings with other internationals ? Cultural or sport activities... we can give advice about about these).
We can give you more details and discuss all that before commiting to each other of course.
.. lovely update 2021 : proving that an active and fertile life is possible living at ours, we are SO HAPPY to announce that one workaway volunteer who came from South America some months in 2019 met a fantastic local while staying at ours and they've just decided to marry :) !!! Workaway and Northern France magic <3 <3 <3
Bricolage et projets de construction
Baby-sitting et jeux créatifs
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide à la maison
The house has more than 100 years old and is full of charm ! It is very confortable as the main renovation works are done. There's a small quiet garden.
OUR HOUSE IN LILLE
We live very close to the center town and to a tube station, « Fives » (2 min walk). Many facilities and cultural places are also very close (3-8 min walk) : bakeries, farmers markets, supermarkets, nice library, swimming pool, little parcs, yoga classes, museums, music and art classes, LANGUAGE CLASSES 5 min walk away (French and English - see Alliance française and Centre culturel britannique)....
The location of the house (2 min walk form the tube station - 2/3 tube stations to the very center) is perfect to quickly go to university, to the center of Lille and to the train station, to the numerous cultural places (theaters, opera, "maison folie", etc. etc.), shopping centers etc.
LILLE, VIBRANT CULTURAL CITY
Lille (among France’s 10 biggest cities), is a big vibrant city with many students, many free cultural activities, languages swaps and language schools, nice museums, many concerts venues, many great ways of learning French and the French way of living.
WE LIVE IN THE HEART OF EUROPE !
Another great asset : Lille is amazingly located to visit Europe and enjoy nature !
- The sea > 1 h by train or driving
- Paris > 1 h by train (from central Lille to central Paris)
- London > 1h30 by train (from central Lille to central London)
- The Uk (Kent) > 1 h by train, 3 h driving + ferry
- Belgium > less than 30 min drive or train ; Brussels at 40 min by train ; Bruges rather close too
- The Netherdlands > 2 h by train or driving
- Germany > 2 h by train or driving
- beautiful French regions such as Normandy, Brittany > 2-5 h by train
- southern France > 3-4 h by train !
WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO
- allow you to have your own space and privacy : the room is on the top floor and well separated with our family floors
- give you advice on how to best enjoy Lille (we've been here for a while and love and know well the city)
- lend you some books
- help you with your French if wanted
- introduce you to our favorite local dishes and products
- teach you about wine
- keep practising English or Spanish, or learn some words of another language
- ...get a medal for writing the longest Workaway profile ever !!! (Claire is always happy to notice in your message that you've read it all and understood + or - what we're looking for !)
Ce projet peut impliquer des enfants. Pour en savoir plus, consultez nos directives et conseils ici.
We need a little bit of help in the house (nice big old house that we are renovating). Looking for someone rather independant, and why not a couple, or friends ! Someone from abroad, or a French. The most important is that we get on well !
Depending on what your skills are and on our needs when you'll be there, we need :
- this 2021 Spring there will be tasks in the GARDEN as we are improving its floors and walls
- general help decorating some parts of the house (PAINTING furniture probably this year)
- BABY SITTING, depending on the period
- SEWING (décoration or useful simple items, or even clothing items, that would be absolutely fantastic !...)
- WOODWORK/carpentry to improve the children's wood hut for instance
- help with house chores - occasionaly (spring cleaning of a shelf, of the basement...)
- why not someone who knows well plants, hairdressing, embroidery, upholstery, furniture restoration, lampshade making, photography (to make nice photo of the house), home made cottage cheese...
TASKS AND MEALS
There is a 2nd kitchen and a 2nd bathroom on "your" floor (a floor dedicated to guests/to the 2 very nice students we host in the school year), so we propose a light workaway : 12 h/ week, with flexibility about when to help) in exchange for the accomodation and the use of that kitchen and bathroom. This means you'll have independance, but also that you'll have to buy and cook your food.
We can also discuss this, make an other arrangement and provide food if you need.
OUR HABITS AND WAY OF LIVING
- As a family with young children, we generally go to bed (and are up) early. Hosts can of course sleep later/go out as long as they aren't too noisy...
- We love great quality food and are wine lovers and Ronan is a wine connoiser (but without excessive consumption), we don't smoke/do drugs and smoking isn't permitted in the house.
- We try to have a sustainable way of living
- There is always someone around the house if you need it as we work from home
- No car nor driving licence needed (all very accessible by foot, bike, tube, train, bus).
--- key words in French and Spanish just in case : jardin, bois, réparations, couture, maçon, madera, peinture, ponçage, pintura, lijado, cabane, costura—-
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il souhaitait faire partager sa propre langue ou en apprendre une nouvelle.
Contactez-le pour en savoir plus.
1 or 2 private bedrooms, sometimes 3 are available in our house in Summer (June-September). In the University year (mid-Sept to April, May or June) there is generally no room available, but see calendar.
"Your" room is on a separate floor, on top of the house, where there are 3 bedrooms + 1 bathroom + 1 kitchen. In the school year 2 /3 rooms are rent to 2/3 friendly and easy going student.
We prefer not to share all the meals together (remember French have specific habits with meals ! - and it's an important moment we share as a family). As you'll have your own kitchen that should be easy ! And we like to think that some workawayers are happy to have their independance that way. Of course some occasional meals can be shared for you to taste our favorite dishes and specialities or to allow us to taste yours !
Feel free to contact us to know more about us, what we offer, and about the house (we can send photos, translate the description into French or Spanish, give infos on some activities in Lille for instance).
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Decent wifi connexion
We live in a city and the house isn't perfect for an animal, but at the same time our son (aged 6) is afraid of dogs, and we know that getting to know an adorable dog would help him a lot, so if you have an adorable dog (or cat ?), feel free to contact us !
Plus de 2
12/week (and you'd buy and cook your own food)
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: