We are a parents association of a public elementary school in Italy. We all have a job and besides our job we volunteer for the association in order to help the school and our children.
Our aim is:
• To improve our school children’s English
• Look for English native speakers to teach in a voluntary capacity for students 6-14 years
• To offer lessons free of charge so that any child willing to learn can take part (especially those who would not be able to affort paying for courses)
•Look fir experts with a good knowledge of English to organize special courses of Information Technology, science, art or other interesting subjects to be taught through games, experiments or practical excercises to children.
We're looking for people with a teacher degree or proven experience in teaching, even in different subjects. Volunteers don't need to speak Italian.
• Commences the 25th September during the school calendar year until the 7th June
• Is conducted outside normal school hours
• Offers English lessons 16:30 - 18:00 Tuesday to Friday, as well as 3 hours on Saturday morning (from February to April we may have lesson also on Monday 16,30-18,00)
• Size of classes vary from 8 up to 15 students
• One or two parents will be present during lessons and will intervene in case children misbehave
• Length of stay for voluntary teaching is a minimum of 4 weeks with a preference for longer periods up to 3 months
• Please note taking photographs in Italian public schools is forbidden without a special permit
We welcome you to our project and look forward to sharing this experience with you. We ask you, if you decide to join us, please stay committed until your arrival. As you can imagine there is a lot of administration involved and we prefer not to disappoint the children. We are a profession volunteer association and we follow standard procedure in Italy, where we need to provide details of your passport. This can be done before you arrive or on arrival.
• Will be provided by a host family which may change on a weekly roster
• Throughout your stay you will only be allowed to drink alcohol in strict moderation
• During your time at school and in the host family house, you are not allowed to smoke
All volunteers are normally asked to give some lessons to the members of the family that will host you. You’re expected to act as a member of the family hosting you (things like keeping your room tidy and help at breakfast or dinner times are usually expected).
Free time and public services:
• Train station at San Pietro in Casale with travel to Bologna or Ferrara in about 15 minutes
• Venice or Florence approximately 90 minutes
• Sunday seaside day excursions or longer excursions are also possible
We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information visit our website (created by one volunteer together with children): ask us for the website address
Aide avec les langues
You will have a lot of free time that you can use to travel around by yourself using public services: in San Pietro in Casale there is a train station and you can reach Bologna or Ferrara in about 15 minutes, on Sunday you can go to Venice, Florence or other cities for a daily excursion. You will learn about Italian cuisine and culture by staying with your host family. Most probably other families will also sometimes invite you for dinner.
Volunteering time for English teachers will be from 4,30PM to 6PM from Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Friday and 3 hours on Saturday morning from 25th September onward during school calendar year until 07th June. For French teachers the course is only on Saturday, 3 hours, and on Wednesday one hour, then you might be required to spend up to 8 hours weekly as "teacher's help" in the classes during school time. Volunteers might also be asked to give some lessons to the members of the family that will host you. Some proactive help to the host family at dinner time (setting table or do the dishes) might be appreciated. Keeping your room tidy is also required.
•To open up children from different ages and levels to listen English or French from a Native speaker
•To teach trough games, music, videos, images and songs (no standard lessons, the project is held after school time)
•To show connections between the different material shown in class
•To have a good time while at the same time they learn
In exchange for the work as English teacher or French teacher at the school, you will stay with the families of the students and receive meals.
What to Expect at Home: Some parents have a higher level of English/French than others. If you do not speak Italian, please tell it in advance so that we will try to find for you a family that speaks some English/French. Also let us know whether you have special requirements in terms of diet so that we can organize it for you.
You will be required to play with the children or have some conversation with children and parents in English or French in order to help them improve their language knowledge.
Normally both parents of the host family work and don't have much time to dedicate to a guest, therefore we ask you to proactively ask whether they need help, particularly at lunch and dinner time with setting the table, cooking or cleaning the kitchen and keep your room tidy, just like an additional family member would do.
Depending on where your host family is located you will reach the school by foot, by bus, by bycicle or will be taken to school by some parents.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Maximum 3 hours a day, 5 days a week + some preparation work (depending on your experience)
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: