The new coolest surf hostel in Midiama has just come in town, right in front of the popular surf spots Coconut & Plantations. Chilling on the beach or at the hostel and surfing are the main attraction in Midigama. And what else can be better than a social atmosphere to complete all these social features? Spots such as, Rams, Lazy Left & Lazy Right are at a walkable distance.
Beach life, a lot of waves and fun are waiting for you here! Do you join us? Keep reading then ;)
The hostel team is composed of a manager, a chef, a chef assistant, a housekeeper, and 2 waiters. All locals excepting the management, which eventually will be delegating on new hires (locals) as soon the peak season comes!
For us the main goal is to create a community feeling among our local team members and our guests, a family alike vibe even with the objective in mind to contribute to the Midigama area (a less developed tourism destination on the Sri Lanka´s South Coast) with social responsibility actions.
Aide avec des éco-projets
Bricolage et projets de construction
Accueil / tourisme
Aide informatique / avec Internet
If it is your first time in Sri Lanka you will get surprised by the long way that Midigama has to go as a developing city. Excepting the beachside, Midigama town and behind is a pure jungle, nature, full of coconut and cinnamon plantations. There is a tea plantation nearby.
Also, we have a couple of surf instructors living and working with us so you can get the basics with them (if you are a beginner) or getting a good discount in your lessons.
Contributing to a project in a foreign country is a unique experience so we recommend you to learn the local language, which undoubtedly will help you to immerse in the local culture and mostly to have great experiences with the locals (who are very surprised of seeing a foreigner talking). Our team members are not 100% fluent in English, so you can have an impact on their language skills.
In our agenda will have some events visiting other towns, as the UNESCO Galle, Mirissa Beach, Koggala Lake tour & its cinnamon plantations, among others (where you could give ideas as well).
As most of the travelers, you ll love the food (rice & curry, kottu, rotis, string hoppers, etc) and as you may get tired, we got you covered at the restaurant (meals included).
Also Midigama is located between Ahangama and Weligama, being the last one (5 kms away) a very popular destination in the South. With a scooter, you can easily get wherever you want in Sri Lanka and definitely the lifestyle is so addictive that you ll be wishing in coming back again and again
If you feel like taking part in a hostel (along with a restaurant & surf shop - shop coming soon) we ll need help in different areas:
- Pictures & video content: ideally a super sociable surfer who can interact with guests, leading the surf trips, while taking pictures and video content.
- Events & activities: in order to promote the community feeling and a great experience for our guests (and team, as we also have with the in-house events), a weekly agenda will be established with activities in and outside of the hostel. This profile should be a people lover, be up always for a talk, be able to lead and take people (you guess that surfing will be the main one?) and ideally somehow combined with one of the roles specified above. If you have experience in events or parties, or in camps (with children or adults, doesn t really mind) this if for you. And definitely, you should love surfing. Are you a leader or you feel like guiding the crowd to the best surf spots in the area, or to the best parties in the surroundings?
Besides what mentioned aboved there 3 main requirements: you must love surfing, you must love people and you must to be ready to take part in a project. That s why long stays have a preference. And definitely after 1 month here, you ll shred it as a pro ;)
- Just solo travelers. No couples nor friends.
Individual room with twin beds (200 meters away from the hostel) or bunkbeds at the hostel.
- For those who will join us, breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be included (not in days off). From a la carte menu and local food, so you can have different options every day. This will be coordinated between the management and the chef.
- Surfboards are available for you for free, and you can take them whenever you want. Please bear in mind that repairs and damages will be paid by you.
In your time and days off you can chill at the hostel or on the beach, take a tuk-tuk, bus or a scooter and hang around. The Sri Lankan South Coast is not that big as you might think and everywhere is "near".
From stunning beaches to lakes, jungle and a UNESCO site (Galle - 19 kms away), parties are also available, very next to the hostel and in the popular Mirissa town.
You have local buses stopping very close to the hostel, and for a small price they will take you wherever you want along the South Coast
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il aimait accueillir les digital nomads.
Plus de 2
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week