This is an Arts and Movement LAB nestled in the coconut groves of Koh Phangan, Thailand. Our aim is to provide a hive to share, practice and develop knowledge for crafts, movement and sustainable living.
Founded by three friends, cats and a three-legged dog, we have a variety of readily equipped for movers and makers to create magic. From a garden, sewing machines and leather tools to aerial, juggling, acrobatic, and yoga equipment, This is a place for everyone and anyone to make magic.
We welcome a dedicated and responsible volunteer (or a couple) who is committed to help us build this place into a nurturing and awesome community space. He or she will work with us on project ideas, and will be given responsibility of their chosen project.
Please do check our availabilities AND the sets of skills we are currently looking for before sending us a message !
- Minimum stay: 2 weeks
- Be able to speak either English or French
- Must be responsible, collaborative and resourceful. The island has limited resources so often creativity is the key to solving problems!
- Respectful of house rules and our beliefs and values. Sustainability is the backbone to all our projects.
- Friendly, cheerful and loves to meet and interact with people
- Considerate, thoughtful and can take own initiative
- Loves (or is not allergic to) animals!
Travellers will get the opportunity to contribute to the development of this creative and sustainable community, and will have the opportunity to learn or hone skills in areas such as crafts, flow arts, woodworking, etc.
- Free access to all our facilities during your stay
- Collaborative working environment
- Up to two days off a week to explore this beautiful island
- Awesome company!
We have a constant and evolving need for skills on the premise, currently we are looking for :
- SEPTEMBER / OCTOBER => Carpentry. Lots of shelf and furniture making! -
But Also :
- Permaculture knowledge to help maintaining and help growing our edible garden.
- Cement works -eg. making durable bathroom furnitures and shelves
- welding to make artsy structures that can have a practical use
- plumbing, we are still working on our water system (ground water)
- engineering and machine building - we are planning to build a Precious Plastic recycling station in 2019-
There is a a dedicated volunteer room . The room has an attached bathroom, which is shared with one other room and is built in a loft-style to provide a certain amount of privacy.
Laundry service and a motorbike will be provided to the volunteer. This is the best way to get around the island !
We do not provide food, but there are a number of local restaurants nearby and volunteers will be granted full access to our fully functional kitchen to cook their own meals.
From beaches and waterfalls to amazing parties and meditation, Koh Phangan has it all.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Maximum 25 hours / week