Information du profil
Taux de réponse
Usually responds ≤ 1 jour
My name is Jill and I live on a rural property in the hills of Perth. My property backs onto the State Forrest so I am surrounded by natural bush land and wildlife.
I am located approximately half an hour from the city and 40 minutes to the local beaches.
My property was once a commercial wildflower farm but it has been reduced to a hobby farm.
I have 2 very friendly Kelpie dogs and chickens kangeroos who like to feed on my back lawn and a variety of birds life.
I have a railway carriage next to my house a cosey bedroom in my house and Glamping tents for you to choose from.
There are multiple wineries in the area orchards growing seasonal fruits and beautiful bush walks.
As my children have left the coup it would be helpful to have someone to assist with daily chores on my 26 acre property and to share the Australian culture with you. I have travelled in my early days around Asia so love to hear stories of your adventures.
Hope to hear from you
Types d'aide et opportunités d'apprendreJardinageBricolage et projets de constructionEntretien généralCuisine/repas pour la familleAide dans une fermeAide avec des éco-projetsAide à la maisonS’occuper des animauxPratique d’une langueProjets artistiquesAide informatique / avec Internet
Echange culturel et opportunités d'apprendre
If you love nature, then you will be a happy camper! Our home is surrounded by forest and even further then that, surrounded by state forest, with bush walks for miles and miles.
- The local area has a small shop and a lovely cafe ( with great food + coffee!! ) it is about a 2km walk from home
- A local cider house ( about a 1 km walk ) is very popular in the Perth hills, often having music on weekends, pizzas, yummy meals & a great atmosphere to enjoy.
- We are only 35 minutes drive from Perth City. There are NO buses or public transport from Pickering Brook, yet there is a bus down to the city from the nearest local town Kalamunda. ( 15 minute drive )
- Kalamunda has many cafes, shops, food shops, petrol stations, a library, a cultural arts centre & all the modern conveniences
- There is no WIFI at our residence. Phone reception is accessible via a Telstra sim card. There is a cafe 2km's from home that has FREE internet access
- Pickering Brook is a small town, consisting mostly of orchards and farming families. There is no " town " as such, only the local store + cafe, so although it is not ' remote' in Australia's terms, it is very rural.
- My mum and I are quite busy with our work lives, so often are not home. We are happy to take you to the bus stations when we are available and to show you around the area, however if you truly want to explore, a car might be your best option.
- If you want to learn about the Australian bush, healing modalities, nature and a growing holistic business with a big heart, you will be coming to the right place!! Happy to help guests with their English also!
To have the support of some extra hands around the property to help us bring this dream to life would be wonderful. We could really use people who are ...
- Keen gardeners, landscapers, builders or in the trade industries ( plumbers, tilers, electricians, carpenters etc ) , general labourers.
- Helpers who are inspired by nature and creating creative spaces that are eco friendly and nature focused.
- People who are capable to help with rural property maintenance such as raking, pruning trees and plants, carrying heavy things, cleaning and tidying up outdoor spaces.
- People to help with furthering websites, social media platforms etc
- People who are great with events, doing the run around jobs, preparing, organising engaging with guests
- Helpers who have initiative, inspired by projects, a positive attitude and are clean, tidy and respectful.
A cosy room inside the main house
- The room has a double bed and enough of cupboard / draw space for personal items + a small tv
- The main house ( three bedroom one bathroom ) is a small wooden cottage, surrounded by a typical Australian verandah.
- The house is shared with my mum ( A friendly lady who works a lot!! )
- The bathroom has a small bath + shower. ( The shower is in the process of being renovated - functional, but needing some TLC )
- A cosy kitchen is a shared space, with an oven, microwave and all essential cooking gear
- The Lounge room is a shared space
- In winter we have a lovely warm ' pot belly ' fire burning. With a tin roof, you can hear the rain patter down.
- Our house is surrounded by a rustic garden and a beautiful forest, with endless bush walks.
- Our house has it quirks, like needing to fill a rain tank and turn water pumps on before showering, but it is a lovely place to live, with plenty of character.
- We have two very friendly dogs who are outside dogs, but sneakily creep inside more often then not. Aussie kelpies, who love attention, cuddles and pats.
- The fish pond is a nice place to sit by, with several fish swimming around
The option of staying in a tent is also available for larger groups.
Pickering Brook hosts a range of local wineries including a cider house ( The Core ) with in walking distance. Surrounded by orchards and forrest, with plenty of walk trails to explore. A small local shop, with the neighbouring town, Kalamunda, only 15 minutes away.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Combien de volontaires pouvez-vous accueillir ?
Plus de 2
Nombre d'heures attendues
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week