Until September we do NOT need any volunteers.
Nice to meet you!
There’s a simple hut on the land, you’re immersed in nature, but still close to Zipolite and Mazunte. We’re a 10-minute walk away from the beach.
We offer a beautiful place and are generally easy going people. We do expect own initiative as we are not always around to work together…
We just gave birth to our baby girl, and are still figuring out how we take care of her and all the projects that we work on.
Who we are:
We are Merante & Krien, an artist couple from Amsterdam. We started our project 3 years ago as a theatrical, philosophical music & performance duo.
Because of COVID, we decided to fulfil another dream as an extension of our vision: we bought a pristine breathtaking land in Aragon, overlooking the ocean. Located in nature, close to all the hustle and bustle of Mazunte and Zipolite.
What we wish to create:
A habitat that allows us to live in harmony with nature, and where inquisitive people meet for workshops, retreats and special dinners.
Eventually it will have a few eco houses, several simple cabañas, and inspiring communal spaces, like a tea house and a small library.
Our way of building will be mainly ecological:
-Eco building with mostly natural materials, like bamboo, wood and clay.
Unfortunately because of earthquakes all eco-houses in Mazunte and around have a concrete foundation. We will build a lower construction of concrete, and will create the floor and part of the walls of adobe (mud). The terrace will be made of wood. The upper structure will be made with wood and bamboo.
- An eco herb & vegetable garden, food forest, fruit trees to sustain us & our guests.
- Eco toilets without water flush for compost.
- Trees are integrated into living spaces.
- A natural pool, that is part of the process of saving water by recycling and filtering it.
- Energy generated by solar panels.
- Living outside, open spaces, surrounded by silence, sound of birds, crushing waves of the ocean.
We've just started and can use your help!
- On top of the mountain we have already created our first marvel: a labyrinth shaped eco garden.
- One terrace below have we dug the natural pool.
- One terrace further down we have laid most of the concrete foundation of our main house: Salon l’Origine: A Philosophical, Musical, Artistic, Spiritual, Dinner & Community Space for conceptual dinners, musical gatherings and Heart Coherent Trauma Recovery retreats.
- We will continue building the big wooden terrace, making a floor and first wall.
Aide avec des éco-projets
Bricolage et projets de construction
We can offer adventure!
- Sleeping under the stars in nature's beauty.
- Outside your working hours you can relax, read books, go for nature walks, to the beautiful (nude if you prefer) beach, take a collectivo to Mazunte or Zipolite, that are minutes away. There are lots of small restaurants, to have a croissant or coconut, and small groups of yoga and related workshops. Mazunte is a more hip, spiritual town, with ecstatic dance kind of events, Zipolite is a bit more rock 'n roll, Mexico's only official (gay) nude beach, and has the occasional party going on. Even though Mazunte and Zipolite seem to be relatively free of covid, we ask of you to take care.
- For the building of the wooden terrace we want to hire an expert to guide the process.
- We will tell you of our creative process
- We can take you along in some creative, artistic endeavours, only if you are open to it.
- Building definitely teaches one about patience and perseverance :)
You can be of immediate use to us by helping build the heavy wooden terrace. We make use of our own experiential knowledge, helped by an expert. This process could take up to 8 weeks.
If you have building knowledge or have experience or even expertise, that would be awesome.
It's heavy work, also because of the sunshine, which luckily will be amazing in your free time :)
We also have a garden that needs care, water, planting seeds. This will be a small part of your working day.
We expect you to work 5 hours from 8 in the morning till 1. It's hot in Mazunte and morning are the safest working hours.
We offer a good breakfast, like chia or porridge with fruits, or bread with eggs, tomato and avocado.
At lunch time (between 1-2 pm) Krien will cook up a beautiful vegan lunch. Around once a week we eat fish or meat if so desired. For the evening we make sure there is food for you to cook yourself or with the other volunteers as we will leave around 2 after lunch to our temporary house (our land is not baby proof yet ;)
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
We would like to learn more Spanish :)
Our accommodation is very basic, since we are just starting.
We sleep in tents on the land.
For our work-awayers we have a few tents with matras and sheets or hammock with mosquito net!
The number of mosquitos varies: during the rainy season there are many more that in the dry season (nov/dec-may-june).
The shower is a bucket shower.
The toilet is a dry toilet.
Something to be considered for the faint of heart:
We have some spiders, scorpions and snakes around. Spiders are not mortal. The scorpion's bite is painful, but not mortal. Only one snake is deadly: we haven't seen it yet!
They will not show themselves very often, but we've seen some around.
We feel everyhing is here and around: incredible nature, beaches with or without other people, different types of international food, and people, music, yoga.
With covid all is a bit on the low, but still vibrant!
If you do want some amazing weekend break, you can go to the mountains, cold, and with beautiful nature, to the local market of Pochutla, to float with the crocodiles of Ventanilla, to the city vibes of Puerto Escondido.
There's a good system of collectivos, local public transport, that gets you to most places!
Mazunte is a 10-minute ride, or a 50 minute walk, Zipolite is a 15 minute walk.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
We work with credit on our phones. We don't have WIFI. For 20 euros you can buy yourself 12 Gb of Internet. The connection is good from where we are.
We have a nice big platform on the land where campervans can park.
We like cats, we have one. We prefer no dogs, unless they stay on the other platform, where Workawayers also sleep, because they should not ruin the garden, walk in the kitchen or scare the cat :)
Plus de 2
5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: