Information du profil
Taux de réponse
Usually responds ≤ 42 jours
If you love exploring forests and mountains, enjoy meeting new people, and are skilled and experienced in either DIY / construction or hosting / housekeeping, this might be the Workaway opportunity for you! In the summer of 2023 we'll reopen our seasonal community hub for hikers and outdoor lovers in the heart of Dilijan National Park.
Our goal for this social enterprise is to provide a community hub for hikers in the area, and by doing so to help sustain the trail network in Dilijan National Park. Revenue generated through the hostel business is used to fund trail maintenance activities, and the accommodation is used out of season by local trail maintenance crews while they're working in the area.
We are co-founders of the Transcaucasian Trail, a long-distance trail network being built across the Caucasus, and this will be the first dedicated hikers' hostel on the trail. If you're keen to be part of this mission, and like the idea of spending time in one of Armenia's best-loved beauty spots, we'd love to hear from you!
Types d'aide et opportunités d'apprendreAide avec des éco-projetsJardinageBricolage et projets de constructionAide à la maisonAccueil / tourismeEntretien général
Objectifs de développement durable de l’ONU que cet hôte essaie d'atteindre
Echange culturel et opportunités d'apprendre
You’ll be based in the heart of Dilijan’s old town, within easy reach of the National Park’s extensive network of trails, making this a perfect base for exploring northern Armenia and spending time in some of the best mountain and forest wildernesses in the country. We have strong ties to many local businesses and entrepreneurs and can connect you with almost any opportunity you might desire. We speak three languages and have a constant flow of hikers from all over the world coming through the hostel. In short, there's plenty to keep your occupied and interested!
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING SECTION. We think it's best for everyone if we are as specific as possible about the kind of help we need and the kind of volunteers we'll accept. If you're primarily looking to learn new skills while working, and aren't already experienced and competent in the types of task listed below, this opportunity probably isn't for you!
During April and May, we'll be seeking Workawayers who have strong and proven skills in construction and decorating to help us improve the property for the summer's guests:
– Indoor tasks will include installing a new water tank and pump system, refitting and redecorating the shower rooms, building new partition walls, installing curtains and other furnishings, and decorating the exterior of the building. Skills we need therefore include plumbing, tiling, plastering, painting, site carpentry, and general handyman skills.
– Outdoor work we need help with includes paving paths and driveways, building small stone walls in the garden, building wooden fencing, and preparing the ground for grass seeding. Skills needed include carpentry, masonry and cement work, landscaping and gardening.
– Our ideal Workawayers for this phase of the project are individuals or couples who are at home with these kinds of tasks, have a track record of property renovation or similar projects, and are self-starters who can be given goals to complete unsupervised. If you have professional experience doing this kind of work in the construction industry, then you may well be our perfect Workawayer!
From June onwards we'll be looking for volunteer hosts to welcome guests and keep the hostel clean, tidy and well-managed throughout the summer:
– On the 4–5 days a week you'll be on duty, we'll want you to be on site from 3pm onwards in time to check in guests and be available for any enquiries, leaving you free to spend your mornings exploring the area.
– We'll have professional housekeeping staff doing the 'heavy' cleaning and changing bed linen between 11am–3pm, so your on-duty hours will follow on from this.
– Our ideal volunteer host is someone who is open, responsive and friendly; comfortable interacting socially with people from a wide range of backgrounds; knows from experience how to cultivate the communal atmosphere a hostel needs while also giving guests privacy and space; and takes a proactive approach to cleanliness and tidiness of communal areas. People who have previous experience in the hospitality industry, especially in a hostel environment or similar, are likely our best candidate volunteers.
– If you're more likely to lie in bed all day watching YouTube, spend most of your volunteering hours working remotely on your laptop, or actually be studying full-time for a Master's degree instead of working, it'll probably be best if you don't apply for this opportunity!
Persian (Farsi): Courant
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
We're keen to learn Russian and/or Italian :-)
During your time with us, you will be sharing a bedroom with other volunteers. If you're a couple, it's likely the bedroom will be yours alone. You’ll have the use all of the communal facilities at the hostel. You’ll also have access to a storage room and workshop with a large range of tools and materials.
We’re long-time international travellers, as well as experts on the local area and the hiking opportunities in the national park. We can help you arrange local transport to explore the region more widely during your free time. We speak the local language and are here to help you get the most out of your time here!
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Espace pour garer des vans
There is a public parking area 50m from our house for larger vehicles, and we have a private driveway on which we may be able to accommodate a small van (Sprinter/Transit/4x4 or similar). It might be necessary to move it occasionally for deliveries or construction vehicles.
Combien de volontaires pouvez-vous accueillir ?
Nombre d'heures attendues
Maximum 6 hours a day, 4 days a week