We have a cute little farm in Barcelos (Northern Portugal) less than 1 hour by train from Porto. It’s a nice and quiet place, with lots of outdoor area, gardens and nature to explore around. The beach is 20 minutes away and the city center is 10 minutes away.
It’s the perfect place to work outdoor, help in the farming daily tasks and create your own projects.
We have rebuild the farm in the last 4 years and turned it into a living place where everyone can have time to focus on their personal projects while living in a family environment and helping each-other in personal & professional projects.
We are welcoming volunteers from different backgrounds to come together to help on the farm.
// WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Free accommodation: Your own private or shared room
Free Bills: Water, Gas, Internet and Electricity is on us
Free Meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner is on us ( Vegetarian: Meat & Fish on the side)
Teach you how to work online and how to find remote jobs
// WHAT YOU WILL GIVE BACK:
You will be requested to help during 6 hours per day on farm related tasks from Monday to Friday
// What kind of tasks?
○ Gardening : watering plants, planting vegetables and so on
○ Painting and improving the house
○ Small construction projects: outdoor & indoor projects
○ Keeping the house clean and tidy
○ Take care of the animals
○ Online research: helping with basic computer tasks we may need
// ABOUT US
We are Antonio(30) and Marina(27) and we are both Portuguese.
We spend Spring and Summer in the Farm and we escape to sunny places during Winter.
We both work online and love to meet new people and and to travel as often as we can.
Before you take your time to contact us we want to make some points clear about the goals of the project:
○ Minimum stay : 1 week
○ We will be living together and anyone who makes others feel threatened or doesn’t help will be kicked out from the farm
○ You will have a daily schedule and tasks and you must complete them
○ Any kind of hate, disrespect for other people’s beliefs, sexual orientation or any others won’t be tolerated.
○ We do regular trips out of the farm to as many places we can and do as many team building activities we can
○ You must be fluent in English
○ Pets are welcome (it’s a farm!)
○ Rent, bills and 3 meals per day will be covered by us
○ Any alcohol, meat or extra food should be paid by yourself.
○ You break something you fix it!
○ Couples are welcome
Bricolage et projets de construction
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide dans une ferme
Aide à la maison
Aide informatique / avec Internet
○ The farm is located in a quiet area 3km from the city of Barcelos, Portugal.
○ There is everything you may need on this farm and if you would like to go to town for the night or for any needs or shop at one of the small supermarkets and shops, you can walk or cycle to the city in less than 30 minutes. If a car is not available, bicycles can be used to reach all of the facilities in the area we need.
○ The city of Porto is only 45 minute bus ride from Barcelos, which makes it easy to go out and meet new people during the weekends.
○ There are buses and trains departing daily from Barcelos to all the main cities if you want to travel (closest airport is Porto)
Goals for the next 6 Months:
○ Paint the inside of the main house
○ Redecorate and refurnish the 4 available rooms
○ Convert the 2nd house into a coworking space with all the needed facilities for personal projects
○ Improve the swimming pool area
○ Fix the fields and have new animals on the farm (pigs, goats, rabbits, birds, dogs, etc)
○ Create an organic garden and grow our own vegetables
○ Create a glamping area
○ Paint Murals and drawings around the farm
Private or shared room
We will do weekly activities with everyone and explore other cities around Portugal.
We usually talk every morning about the goals for the day and when the tasks are done we usually just chill in the evenings
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
We have a coliving space in the farm
Small vans can get in the property. Bigger one have a parking area close by
Cet hôte a dit qu’il acceptait les personnes voyageant avec un animal.
Plus de 2
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: