Enregistré comme favori 226 fois
My name is Marcin "Marcus" (50 years old) and my wife Aneta (50 years old), we have a farm.
We are Polish and we live in Ireland.
We have a small farm where the sheep that we saved live - the farmers brought us little 2 - 3 day-old sheep that either their mother lived or died and which would not have survived, we fed them with a bottle and thanks to that they survived.
We have 34 of them, each has a name, they live with us and are happy, we also have 4 donkeys, chickens, 2 dogs and a cat - all adopted
We bake sourdough bread using the old traditional method,
We bake cakes from our own products,
We make sheep's cheese
We press oils cold,
We make and smoke our own cold cuts
We make preserves - juices, syrups, jams,
We sell everything in supermarkets and privately to people who want to eat fresh, tasty and healthy products.
This year we got a notice of termination and unfortunately we have to leave the rented farm.
For the last 6 months we have been looking for a farm to rent, but to no avail.
We cannot afford to buy a farm, so with the last money we bought an old house for renovation and an acre of land on which we want to build our new farm and a house for our animals, and if possible, enlarge it a bit to accept more animals.
We also plan to share our animals and the family atmosphere on our farm with others, so we want to start agritourism (2 houses for those who would like to travel to us in their free time, relax in the bosom of nature), which will also be our source of livelihood for our animals.
We are also in the SOCJAL FARMING project.
The program integrates disabled and sick children with the farm and nature.
We are going a step further and want to do sheep therapy and donor therapy for children with autism and Down syndrome
Pratique d’une langue
Bricolage et projets de construction
S’occuper des animaux
Aide dans une ferme
Aide à la maison
1. Work among animals and for animals.
2. Communion with nature.
3. Polishing the English language.
4. Possibility to learn Polish.
5. Getting to know Polish culture and cuisine.
6. Create a farm with us to which you will always be able to return as a member of our family.
7. Getting to know Irish culture as well.
8. Shared meals, delicious home made food
Ce projet peut impliquer des enfants. Pour en savoir plus, consultez nos directives et conseils ici.
We need help to build our dream farm sanctuary from scratch, it must be built by the end of the holidays.
Planned works this year:
1. Daily feeding of sheep, donkeys and chickens.
2. Grubbing up and clearing the area of bushes, trees and weeds.
3. Site preparation for 2 mobile homes.
4. Digging, pouring and building foundations for house for animals and mobile home.
5. Putting a mobile home, building the entire infrastructure (sewage system, terrace, benches, shelter, field kitchen, smokehouse, sauna, hot tube)
6. Fencing the entire area.
7. Preparation of the land for housing for the winter for sheep, donkeys, and in the future also for alpacas.
8. Building these rooms (pouring floors, putting up walls, making a roof)
9. Building enclosures for sheep, donkeys and alpacas.
10. Preparation of enclosures for animals on the new farm.
11. Preparation of fencing in meadows for sheep grazing.
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
We are interested in learning Spanish, French and Italian
Accommodation: we have 2 double rooms in our house on the old farm where we still live, and in the future there will be a whole mobile home (3 rooms) at the disposal of the volunteers.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner (traditional Polish dishes made from their own and local products)
Work: 5 hours a day, 5 days a week.
It is also possible to help those willing to prepare dishes, bake bread, bake cakes, make sheep's cheese, make and smoke cold meats.
In your free time, you can relax in silence and in the bosom of nature, explore the surroundings, explore Ireland.
We live near Kilkenny where there is a beautiful restored castle (we also live near the ruins of Castles of Leinster: Ballykeefe Castle.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Cet hôte a indiqué qu’il aimait accueillir les digital nomads.
Cet hôte a de la place pour les vans.
Plus de 2
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: