We are Sanne and Marc, a couple from the Netherlands. For work, Marc teaches singing and theatre and he installs solar systems. Sanne used to edit study books, but now got a job caring for horses.
We are living with our 4 year old boy, a cat and two horses in a beautiful field in the valley above Torvizcón. Our place is about 30 minutes from Órgiva in Andalucia, Spain.
We live in a yurt and we live very basic. We have electricity from a solar system and a water connection. We're now working on an outdoor shower and the next project is a compost toilet.
We're trying to live in a sustainable way. We eat mostly organic and/or local and stick to a healthy - mostly vegetarian - diet. We plan to grow some vegetables, recycle, try to reduce plastics and chemicals. Also, we drive an electric car that charges with the solar system to charge the car. Sanne likes to care for the horses and she plans to start a veggie patch in spring.
Then there is the project of building a second yurt from scratch, that we're slowly working on. We have walls and doorframes and we are making the roofpoles smooth, which takes forever, because there's 80 of them. Next step is to make the roofpoles all the right size and make them fit the holes in the crown.
In the next couple of months we need three kinds of help:
- The household, with dishes, laundry, cooking, some cleaning, gathering wood and playing with our son.
- Getting installed on the field, doing all kinds of jobs with solar system, yurt, shower and toilet.
Only after getting installed, we'll get back to working on the second yurt, which is hopefully around january.
If you come to stay with us, your work will depend on what needs doing at that time. We'll be happy to share our knowledge of off-grid living, solar systems and electric cars if you're interested.
Bricolage et projets de construction
Baby-sitting et jeux créatifs
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide à la maison
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Nature, learn about living off grid, yurt building
We need 2 people to help us. You're welcome to come for any amount of time!
We're looking for people who are okay with being in a quiet place. We're in the middle of nature. We always share the big meal of the day, which is mostly lunch and sometimes dinner. The other meals you'll mostly eat by yourself, as we prefer our sleepy breakfasts alone, and evenings are private time for us. Sometimes we'll have a nice evening together though, we do like a bit of social too :-)
- Getting installed in the new place: connect water, clear bushes, build compost toilet, build shower
- Gathering and cutting wood
- Cooking & washing up
After the move (from december):
- Some cleaning/laundry
- A bit of gardening
- Baby sitting: entertaining our son, so we can get something else done
- The yurt: making roof poles (steam bending the wood, sanding the poles, cutting them to size)
- are you a carpenter and you like to work on something original? we still need help building the doors of the yurt! (the doorframes are almost finished)
- a caravan with kitchen.
- internet (limited) in the yurt
- the food (fruit/cereal/bread/cheese for breakfast and dinner, and a decent vegetarian meal for lunch)
- when we go to Órgiva, we'll give you a lift (we go about 4 times a week)
If you don't have your own transport, we can pick you up somewhere or you can take public transport.
Things to do in free time:
Without transport you can go for walks in the mountains around us and to Torvizcón and Almegijar, or just hang out in the garden, at the pool, or in your caravan.
With your own transport or public transport:
- Go to Orgiva, the main town of the area, with lots of activities like concerts and yoga classes
- Go up into the Sierra Nevada for beautiful hiking
- Relax at one of the beaches, at about 45 minutes drive.
- Granada is about 1,5 hour away
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
It's a bumpy road to our new place, most vehicles are fine though.
We like dogs, if they are well trained and good with kids, horses and cats. Also, dogs are not allowed on the bed and couches of the caravan. Please clean up any poo around the living areas.
4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week (we're flexible)
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: