03.06.2020 - 31.08.2020
Hello! Hola! Bonjour!
I have graduated University last year having studied Modern History and Politics, and am on my travels around Europe! I am a physically fit man who is willing to be involved in any kinds of projects where I can both learn about and help others where they need it. I have much experience in looking after children and animals in particular, where I have worked in schools, I currently manage 2 children's football teams and have helped run a local youth group for 5 years to name a few things!
The Covid-19 situation has meant that my travelling has been put on hold for a few months, but I am looking for a placement in July and/or August as I hope travel restrictions will be lifted. I would love to gain experience with Workaway before I begin working for the UK government in September.
My travelling experiences!
Originally from Oxford, I moved to Wales around 15 years ago and since very young, I have been able to travel all other the world. Places I have been include China, America and all around Europe! My thirst and desire to travel/work has brought me to Workaway, where I would love to spend the months of July and August working on an inspirational, interesting project or working with a family. I would love to share the experiences I have had so far travelling with a host, and I hope to learn many things about different cultures!
I am fluent in English and can speak some Welsh! I am currently learning Spanish and French, and with Workaway I am hoping to further enhance my language skills. Developing my language skills will really help me in my future career pathway, because I aspire to work abroad for an NGO such as UNICEF or British Red Cross.
My hobbies and interests!
1) Football - Football manager and referee, Monmouthshire (2008-present):
• Qualified as ‘Junior Football Leader’, currently managing a Non-Selective Under 11s and 13s team;
• Efficiently organised tournaments for over 500 children to play in on a number of systems,
• Achieved status of the youngest official in South Wales, highlighting my ability to learn quickly alongside playing and coaching.
2) Travelling - 3-months volunteering for International Citizens Service, a UK government-funded programme (ICS):
• Raised over £800 for the charity Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) through pub quizzes and sponsored activities,
• Supposed to be working in Zambia for 3 months, which was postponed due to the Covid-19 situation.
3) History - Member of the Caldicot Historical & Archaeological Society (2015-2016):
• Presented talks about local history, solving numerous historiographical contentions and the impact of internal migration on the local vicinity,
• Pioneered numerous projects, encouraging many young people to express an interest in History.
4) Walking/Hiking - Duke of Edinburgh Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards (2013-2015):
• Inspired by my ambition to help my community and environment, this enabled me to build my confidence from my expeditions, volunteering, physical and learning a new skill in all 3 awards,
• Improved communication and team-working skills through navigating across rough terrain, overcoming obstacles I was faced with.
5) Politics - Monmouthshire County Council (2012-2016):
• Qualified as a voluntary ‘Youth Worker’ and Level 1 swimming teacher, helping to manage a local youth club and swimming club,
• Completed 600+ hours of voluntary work and uploaded it onto ‘Gwirvol’.
Please feel free to contact me either on my Workaway account or on my email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking after children
Vast knowledge of History and Politics
I will be travelling via plane rather than car, and therefore if your host home is far away from the airport, I would like instructions on how to get to your house.
Permis de conduire
Régime alimentaire spécial