Volunteer your skills and passion with our community Sports project . We are a community Sports club that takes care of vulnerable girls in the society through talent enhancement and education support.
We are a community project that has been started to enhance the talents and skills of young girls that has been drawn from various needy backgrounds in the village. We are situated around Lake Victoria in a small town called Mbita, Kenya.
Majority of girls have been victims of gender based violence as well as sexual abuse. The center caters also for the education of these girls.
Bricolage et projets de construction
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide à la maison
Accueil / tourisme
Aide informatique / avec Internet
SLC provides challenging intercultural learning experiences to volunteers, enhancing their social and personal development through international volunteer programmes we offer. We promote intercultural understanding, equality of opportunity, justice and peace among people in the world.
By the end of volunteer stay, he/she will be proud to have experienced a rich cultural exchange programe whereas;-
Visiting National Parks
Touring the neighboring Islands
Learning new languages
Learning about the cultural lifestyle of the people of the lake and or other neighboring communities
Check out museums dedicated to our country’s art and culture.
Review our country’s history and current events before even leaving.
Attend local festivals and celebrations.
Make local friends! Listen to their stories and tell your own
We do provide a Certificate of Appreciation/Participation to our volunteers by the end of a successful volunteerism program.
Ce projet peut impliquer des enfants. Pour en savoir plus, consultez nos directives et conseils ici.
We are a community based grassroots football club established on June 2009 . We have been registered as a Community Sports Affiliation-group under youth and sports department Mbita-Homa Bay county, Kenya . We are established on pillars of education support for youth , mentoring of Young Girls, as well as doing job placement for the young adults after school graduation in Mbita constituency .
Apart from training in girls in football, we place a great emphasis in training the girls in other areas of life including spiritual, physical, social/emotional and academic. We chose football as the major unit to bring youths together and major tool we use to drive positive change in the community since it’s a sport loved by many around the world .
i. Nurturing football talents
ii. Youth mentor-ship and empowerment
iii. Encouraging girls to value education through mentorship
iv. Education Sponsorship
Programs we Offer ;
1. Football skills and Talent Nurturing among Girls – has enabled us pass football skills to girls who have no know how of playing football whereas we have achieved values of good character, discipline and hard work.
2. Youth empowerment/mentor-ship – Through this program we have been able to not only create safe space for Girls, but also pass good vices to them and curb or solve the bad vices of crime , drug and substance abuse , early sex / teenage pregnancies in the community . We have also advocate for good and proper menstrual hygiene to our girls beneficiaries by ensuring that we supply them with sanitary towels every end month .
3. Scholarship program – we believe in education and values our beneficiaries’ academic progress.
4. Feeding program .
We do invite volunteers who can help in the following areas
1. Team Coach: If you have a passion of football/soccer, you are invited to help training our girls age 10-21 years
2. Mentorship: We need counselors. Most of our girls come from hard background situations and needs counseling to maintain a positive mind and lifestyle all through. Some have been drawn early marriages, drug abuse and our counseling and mentorship will be valuable to help them lead positive lives through counseling.
3. Teaching: Volunteers are placed in our partner schools where our girls are schooling so that they help in classroom teaching and empowerment
4. Fundraising: We majorly need individuals who can help in online fundraising to help the project meet its major activity goals
5. Gardening: Volunteers can also help in preparing the home garden
6. Student exchange program: Our volunteers are also can come and participate in the exchange program, interacting, learning the local culture and language as well as sharing their life experiences with the team.
Swahili (Kiswahili): Courant
Cet hôte propose un échange linguistique
Spanish French German
Volunteers share a family home compound with the host and eat together as a family. Volunteers do share rooms. There is electricity and running water. There’s pit latrine outside the main house.
Food is prepared locally though our own delicious menus. Volunteers are also at liberty to prepare their own menu but at their own costs.
We do encourage volunteers to act as a family and bond with the host doing things as a family.
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Cet hôte a de la place pour les vans.
Plus de 2
5 hours a day, 25 hours a week