We are Kathrin y Alex, a columbo-german couple with our baby boy Indi Nicolás, running a small farm in the high amazone jungle close to Mocoa, Putumayo, Columbia. Alex is artist (handicrafts) and I*️️️️m a doctor, and both of us are nature lovers and always up to keep on studying and learning more - organic agriculture/ permaculture, arts and crafts, natural medicine, practical solutions....
We chose to live kind of far from contamination and confusion - to be closer to the source and meaning of our lives. But that doesn*️️️️t mean that we reject urban culture, music, sharing laughs and knowledge! So we decided to open our beautiful place to some people who want to share respecting the nature and harmony...
We try to prepare us and our place to be autosuficient, to have what we need (and a bit more) some day and creating our home to offer our space for different kinds of workshops (cacao, natural cleaning processes...). We are also members of a local association organizing local markets with organic products..
!!!1.5 HOURS WALK FROM MOCOA! NO ACCESS BY BUS OR CAR! ONLY WALKING..!!!
- Alex installed a small electricity station run by solar energy that helps you charge your phones or lamps so you don*t have to walk down to town to charge them..
- At the moment we are looking for a couple or 2-3 friends who are willing to take care of our beloved place for 2-3 months. We need responsable people who love to be in nature - there is not too much to do but the dogs and cats and chicken need someone to be around and our plants, too. So please don*t hesitate to ask if you feel this could be the place for you and your friend, couple or.. ? We hope to get some message soon..
- Alex wants to go and see his family for some time, Corona was playing against visits and there was no transport.. Kathrin is back in Germany with Indi, working and kindergarden, so we would be really happy to find someone who is looking for a place like ours to live for some time. At our place there have been people studying for exams, rehearsing music, drawing and painting, producing all kinds of handcrafted art.. And if you are into meditation or you want to meet with yourself, it is a beautiful place for that ; )
Please write us, we are happy to give you some more information..
Aide avec des éco-projets
Bricolage et projets de construction
S’occuper des animaux
Aide dans une ferme
Baby-sitting et jeux créatifs
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide à la maison
Accueil / tourisme
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
We are a columbo-german couple, coming from very different backgrounds.. And loving the jungle, its secrets and gorgeous beauty of all colours, its miracles and its magic places...
You can take this chance to (re-)connect at our place with Mother Nature, get to know more about its flora and fauna, learn how to take care of yourself in the jungle, improve your spanish (or other languages like german ; )), get in touch with indigenous people of this region, exchange yummy (vegetarian) recipies, and maybe get a bit of an insight on medicinal and sacred plants.
Help is needed in form of good and brilliant ideas concerning the transformation of our paradise -
- growing all kinds of fruits, vegetables, trees, medicinal plants: whatever season you will stay with us there is
something different to do! Maybe we are busy processing inchi (jungle nuts), growing organic seeds, cleaning the
plants and trees, building terraces to grow more efficiently, making chocolate - all without chemicals, we want to
learn more about
permaculture principles to live autosuficiently
- ecoconstruction: we live in a selfmade wooden house but it*️️️️s still under construction - that means that there are a
lot of things to do like constructing furniture, dry toilet (so far we have a water run toilet), and further on building a
- kitchen: as we share our home with you we expect a respectful and harmonious way of processing food and
keeping the kitchen and surfaces clean - for you and us!
For now, the accommodation is basic, we provide a bed and mosquito nets and if you want you can choose the hammock, too. It would be great if you bring a sleeping bag or blanket.
As we are working to be autosufficient but still we are not, meals are not included - please contact us to talk about that. We have pure running water and make herbal teas and other natural beverages. There is constant electric energy from solar panels.
We live on a farm about 1.5 hrs (5 km) walk from Mocoa, there is no road that can take you there, only a jungle path that is really beautiful but if you are not used to the climate or to walking with gum boots and your backpack it can be a bit exhausting, too. The place is surrounded by mainly virgin jungle, with cristal clear water and waterfalls, beautiful pools, all kinds of endemic animals...
And there are no neighbours close so you can take your free time to relax, meditate, go on a stroll to get to know the jungle.. And if you are interested to get to know local sights close to Mocoa, we can organize a trip for you (day trips, indigenous carnaval etc).
Plus de 2
Maximum 3 hours a day, 5 days a week
Ce sont des évaluations supplémentaires en option lorsque les membres laissent un feedback. La note moyenne pour chaque option est affichée.
Exactitude du profil: