Enregistré comme favori 134 fois
Due to the terrible Corona situation in Brazil we are accepting only fully vaccinate volunteers (Pfizer Biontech/Moderna).
For our safety and for the safety of the community around us it is necessary to send us in prior a copy of your vaccination certificate and show it on arrival!
We are a german and brazilian family living on a permacultural farm. The farm is located 180 km away from the city of Rio de Janeiro, at the border of the states of Rio de Janeiro and Minas Gerais.
The size of our farm is 38 hectars, 20 hectars are rainforest (Mata Atlantica) and there is a clean river with some small private sand beaches, our focus at the moment is preservation, food production and homeschooling our kids. In former years our focus was bioconstruction.
We are 2 adults and 3 kids. Before the pandemic, we were constantly receiving visitors, who were looking for an alternative lifestyle in harmony with nature, now we are reopening slowly, but just with one vaccinated volunteer. We produce a big part of our food organicly and we bioconstructed the main house, which has a community kitchen, living room and a bathroom. Water- and electric energy providing is completely off-grid.
We are homeschooling our kids. We love to travel and camping. We love to cook delicious vegetarian and vegan food and would be very happy to learn new recipes from your country! You must taste our home made pizza and our vegan curries!
Pratique d’une langue
Aide avec des éco-projets
Bricolage et projets de construction
S’occuper des animaux
Aide dans une ferme
Baby-sitting et jeux créatifs
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide à la maison
Travellers can learn a lot about permaculture, organic food and fair trade from us.
You will stay at a unique permaculture farm with a lot of preserved rainforest and native animals (tucans, parrots and other colourful birds are living here). You can swim in our river every day.
At the moment we are looking for someone who is a native speaker in English and loves small kids. Our son ant to learn English. If you are a happy and proactive person, who loves kids, pets and nature, please get in contact with us.
Someone who would do some yoga, ballet, ball sports or any other fun sport would be cool!
Make arts, music or science projects with the kids would be fun!
Some small jobs, that should be done: paint a wall, cut grass, harvest, planting, helping in and around the house, being proactive seeing and doing work to be done, that we have a nice time together :)
Your work time will basically divided in farming and one hour to make activities and interact in English with our kids.
Camping with own tent or private room.
There are some co-living basics :)
- please wash the plate you used (yes, unfortunatelly we need to say this...)
- please do not leave garbage behind, when you leave. A big part of trying to live sustainable and in harmony with nature is about lower our consumption and getting conscious of our waste. Plastic is not recycled in Brazil, so please think before you take a plastic bag in a shop.
- we have limited ressources, we need people who really are looking for an alternative lifestyle and want to come to help us. If you want to, you can bring some fresh fruits or whole grain food. We eat most of the time vegan food and sometimes vegetarian food, like home made pizza, for example. We love curries. In case you enjoy cooking, it would be great to cook something delicious from your country for us. It is no problem, if you cannot cook, then we do it and you can learn it from us :)
- as we generate our whole electrical energy, please be conscious that we can run out of energy, that is not always possible to charge your mobile phone, tablets or other things. It is an interesting exercise to slow down, get offline and rethink about how many electrical energy you actually use every day without noticing it.
- we have no phone and here in this region there is no cellphone signal.
- There is no bank or cash machine in Santa Isabel.
- We are in winter, so at night it can get cold (around 8 degrees Celsius).
- We have 4 lovely and social cats and 1 sweet dog, native bees, chickens and ducks.
In case you are really interested in come, we would like to make a video call with you, so we can get to know us a little bit better :)
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Christian works as software developer and he built and maintains our whole internet infrastructure. So please specifiy your work and needs, so we can check if you can work here.
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week