Locals gave me a nickname which means the crazy girl in Georgian language.
I came by hike from Mestia to Ushguli.... and asked locals if I can help them on the construction for few hours. Well, 2 weeks later, I have the most beautiful house in the UNESCO heritage. I'm turning it into a
- camping area
- tourist information
- trail marking and hiking information
- teaching kids english
- a house full of workaways which I connect with locals!
I love what I do and the spirit of the house which I will turn into an ecofriendly and colourful art house with all your help and creativity!
Bricolage et projets de construction
Baby-sitting et jeux créatifs
Cuisine/repas pour la famille
Aide dans une ferme
Aide avec des éco-projets
Aide à la maison
Accueil / tourisme
Pratique d’une langue
Aide informatique / avec Internet
You will get the chance to..
- explore working with locals and get to know the culture
- how to open a tourist information in Georgia
- working and living with a minimalist budget
- experience a place where workaway meet, talk and exchange while watching the stars and sitting on the camp fire.
- Ushguli offers many amazing hikes which you can discover.
Ce projet peut impliquer des enfants. Pour en savoir plus, consultez nos directives et conseils ici.
We have many creative things to do here. It has been an abandoned house for many many years. I'm staying in this house until October and I want to renovate it with materials in our surrounding and turn it into a creative art place with a great atmosphere and spirit!
Furthermore I'm connecting you with locals, guesthouses, restaurant, farmer, etc. where you can experience the local life.
This is a place where you enjoy helping what you like to do, from constructions, working with tourist, marking and exploring trails, cooking on the camp fire, creating art, teaching and playing with locals kids.
It has been an abandoned house, it's very very basic.
- no shower, no fresh water in the house but a little beach on the river in the garden, 15m from the house is fresh water.
- Electricity is available.
- Gas bottle and camp fire for cooking.
- We have some beds and blankets in one shared room. You just share the room with other volunteers. You are also welcome to sleep in your tent (that's what I still do!).
- I cannot offer food because I do all my work as well for free and I don't earn money with this place. We cook together and share the costs.
- BUT, if you work with locals, they offer food, shower and washing mashine in exchange.
You can enjoy the peaceful atmosphere in Ushguli..
- with the glacier
- many day hikes or longer
- horse riding
- playing volleyball with locals
- starting wood crafting
- collecting fresh mountain herbs
Accès Internet limité
Nous avons des animaux
Nous sommes fumeurs
Plus de 2
Maximum 3 hours a day, 5 days a week (food not provided)